7 Mcgee

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
Merganzer
Senior
Posts: 3656
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:42 am

7 Mcgee

Post by Merganzer »

karlhungis
All Pac-12
Posts: 7990
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am

Re: 7 Mcgee

Post by karlhungis »

Can he suit up?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:42 am
Location: Roseburg, OR
Contact:

Re: 7 Mcgee

Post by rsbgduck »

^^^ LMAO, truth
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: 7 Mcgee

Post by GoDucksTroll »

I really hope he can skip a grade, because we need all the RB competition we can get. I’m hoping Benson comes in and blows the doors off. I like CJ and Travis, but let’s be honest - this is the worst Oregon RB group I can remember in 20+ years. Herman Ho-Fumble would be the star back in this group.

Man, I miss Gary Campbell. He was so good at getting the one guy he wanted and then setting up shop with that guy. Yesterday was the perfect chance for us to use another RB.
User avatar
Phenom
All Pac-12
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am

Re: 7 Mcgee

Post by Phenom »

CJ and Felix were recruited by Campbell. Cyrus and Dye were recruited by Pimp.
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: 7 Mcgee

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Phenom wrote:CJ and Felix were recruited by Campbell. Cyrus and Dye were recruited by Pimp.
And CJ has been our best RB, while I’ve been beating the Felix drum. No idea what’s going on with him. I was thinking of this years recruiting class. Milton and Robinson, the two best Pac-12 footprint RBs are going East. We weren’t even in the conversation.
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: 7 Mcgee

Post by StevensTechU »

Phenom wrote:CJ and Felix were recruited by Campbell. Cyrus and Dye were recruited by Pimp.
CJ was. If Campbell had stayed, I highly, highly doubt Felix would not have been a duck. I don't think he gets a committable offer.
GoDucksIn09
Senior
Posts: 3086
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:15 am

Re: 7 Mcgee

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Campbell got good recruits as RB. I would like to see us go after better rbs. 3 stars seems to be setting the bar pretty low for where we want to be as a program.
User avatar
Phenom
All Pac-12
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am

Re: 7 Mcgee

Post by Phenom »

StevensTechU wrote:
Phenom wrote:CJ and Felix were recruited by Campbell. Cyrus and Dye were recruited by Pimp.
CJ was. If Campbell had stayed, I highly, highly doubt Felix would not have been a duck. I don't think he gets a committable offer.
He had a committable offer. Dude was one of the top performers at The Opening.
northbeachsf
Freshman
Posts: 1494
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:54 pm

Re: 7 Mcgee

Post by northbeachsf »

Based on the limited carries I have seen, it is pretty clear that Felix is the best true runner that we currently have on the roster. IMO he has better vision and is more patient than the other backs + he has the ability to take it to the house on any given play. That being said, he has struggled with injuries. Also, I have not seen enough to know if he is a decent blocker on passing downs. That could play into his position on the depth chart as well.
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40568
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: 7 Mcgee

Post by UOducksTK1 »

karlhungis wrote:Can he suit up?
Would be nice! Really hope McGee stays true to his commitment and we actually see him play as a duck.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Post Reply