Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit. UPDATED

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior
Posts: 3656
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:42 am

Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit. UPDATED

Post by Merganzer »

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/1 ... tobal.html

(The) trip was really good,” he said. “It’s good to see Cristobal and all the coaches and players there.”
Sewell is the younger brother of star left tackle Penei Sewell, who has a really close relationship to Cristobal.
Their player-coach connection could end up being a significant part of Sewell’s possible commitment to the Ducks if, in fact, he elects to don the green and yellow.

“(It means) a lot, actually - just seeing Penei’s relationship with Cristobal, I can already see a sneak peek of what mine would look like if I were to commit to Oregon,” Noah said.
But even without a “sneak peek,” Noah and Cristobal have built a strong bond that stands up all on its own.

“He’s like a father figure to me, because he and my family known each other for a while now, and him taking care of Penei just feels like he’s just another father figure,” Sewell said.
Currently, Sewell doesn’t have any more visits scheduled and it’s possible that remains the case until his decision, although he said he needs to discuss that in more detail with his family.
Regardless of his travel itinerary, Oregon appears to be in the driver’s seat to land the five-star 'backer.
And his official visit appears to have done nothing but continue to build the bond between the Sewell family and the Oregon football program.
Last edited by Merganzer on Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
GoDucksIn09
Senior
Posts: 3086
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:15 am

Re: Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I don't know what the margin is in terms of beating the huskies in recruiting but since they have added Smalls we definitely need to add Sewell to even have a chance of beating them recruiting wise. I don't know that we do even with Sewell. I really had hoped Smalls would not pick UW. They at one point had been eliminated and out of contention but they wiggled their way back in and landed his commitment. Kids certainly change their mind a lot.
User avatar
Juice
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 685
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:19 am
Location: Seattle

Re: Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit

Post by Juice »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I don't know what the margin is in terms of beating the huskies in recruiting but since they have added Smalls we definitely need to add Sewell to even have a chance of beating them recruiting wise. I don't know that we do even with Sewell. I really had hoped Smalls would not pick UW. They at one point had been eliminated and out of contention but they wiggled their way back in and landed his commitment. Kids certainly change their mind a lot.
We are barely behind the dawgs, and we will prob still end up ahead of them, especially if we get Sewell.

Re: Smalls, tbh I think you're looking at the next Kavarrio Middleton. I think we'll live man.
User avatar
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:07 pm

Re: Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Nice update. Thanks for posting Merg!
Merganzer
Senior
Posts: 3656
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:42 am

Re: Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit

Post by Merganzer »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:Nice update. Thanks for posting Merg!
Thanks. It was certainly my pleasure.
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Juice wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:I don't know what the margin is in terms of beating the huskies in recruiting but since they have added Smalls we definitely need to add Sewell to even have a chance of beating them recruiting wise. I don't know that we do even with Sewell. I really had hoped Smalls would not pick UW. They at one point had been eliminated and out of contention but they wiggled their way back in and landed his commitment. Kids certainly change their mind a lot.
We are barely behind the dawgs, and we will prob still end up ahead of them, especially if we get Sewell.

Re: Smalls, tbh I think you're looking at the next Kavarrio Middleton. I think we'll live man.
One high 3-star or a 4-star puts us above Washington in the recruiting rankings. I’m sure we’ll have a decommit or two, so if we get Sewell we’re definitely finishing above them. I think we get another big fish or maybe even two and another DL guy.
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Re: Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit

Post by HomeSickDuck »

Small’s may not even stick with Washington. No inside information, but his recruitment has just been weird and it wouldn’t surprise me to see him go elsewhere.
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit

Post by GoDucksTroll »

HomeSickDuck wrote:Small’s may not even stick with Washington. No inside information, but his recruitment has just been weird and it wouldn’t surprise me to see him go elsewhere.
Oregon has been trying hard to get Smalls to take on OV to the Arizona game.
User avatar
DuckDuckJuice
Two Star Recruit
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:34 pm

Re: Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit

Post by DuckDuckJuice »

Rivals has our class at 10 and UW at 17. They still have Bennett Williams as a 2 star; I asked about it and they said he’d likely get a ratings bump.

Last time I looked at UWs class on 247 they had one five star(Smalls) and no 4 stars on the defensive side of the ball. I wouldn’t be surprised if Smalls decided he wanted to be part of a more talented defensive class. In the past he’s talked about how he would like to play opposite of Kayvon.
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit

Post by Duck07 »

I can't think of a better True Fr to come in and replace Troy Dye next year and Noah knows it.
Image
RanDux
Senior
Posts: 2840
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:19 pm
Location: Happy Valley, OR

Re: Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit

Post by RanDux »

Duck07 wrote:I can't think of a better True Fr to come in and replace Troy Dye next year and Noah knows it.
Would he play the same position as Dye?
User avatar
lukeyrid13
All-American
Posts: 10475
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I think so. Sewell is likely an inside linebacker like dye.
karlhungis
All Pac-12
Posts: 7990
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit

Post by karlhungis »

Duck07 wrote:I can't think of a better True Fr to come in and replace Troy Dye next year and Noah knows it.
Is he a higher rated LB than Funa was?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
gogreen55
Senior
Posts: 2369
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:39 pm

Re: Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit

Post by gogreen55 »

karlhungis wrote:
Duck07 wrote:I can't think of a better True Fr to come in and replace Troy Dye next year and Noah knows it.
Is he a higher rated LB than Funa was?
Yes. Funa had a .9681 composite score on 247. Sewell has a .9904. Funa was dealing with an injury though.
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Noah Sewell discusses Oregon Ducks official visit

Post by StevensTechU »

I don't get a good feeling about this. I feel like Georgia may end up being the pick. Makes no sense but kids go where they wanna go.
Post Reply