Poaching UW after the Peterson announcement

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Poaching UW after the Peterson announcement

Post by StevensTechU »

Don't want Smalls, honestly. But I do think Rosengarten and Murao are both better OL prospects than anyone we have committed this year. Unfortunately, recruiting either likely means pushing out a commit, which I'd hate to do. You lie in the bed you make.
karlhungis
All Pac-12
Posts: 7990
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Poaching UW after the Peterson announcement

Post by karlhungis »

StevensTechU wrote:Don't want Smalls, honestly. But I do think Rosengarten and Murao are both better OL prospects than anyone we have committed this year. Unfortunately, recruiting either likely means pushing out a commit, which I'd hate to do. You lie in the bed you make.
Why don't you want Smalls?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
User avatar
lukeyrid13
All-American
Posts: 10475
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Poaching UW after the Peterson announcement

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Smalls isn't as good as Flowe, but of course we as fans should want him as would the coaching staff. That being said, I think the ship has sailed on him. He visited 5+ times last season and didn't visit once this year.
User avatar
Phenom
All Pac-12
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am

Re: Poaching UW after the Peterson announcement

Post by Phenom »

I think Smalls is a top 200 recruit rather than a top 10 guy. He’s really raw.
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Poaching UW after the Peterson announcement

Post by StevensTechU »

karlhungis wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Don't want Smalls, honestly. But I do think Rosengarten and Murao are both better OL prospects than anyone we have committed this year. Unfortunately, recruiting either likely means pushing out a commit, which I'd hate to do. You lie in the bed you make.
Why don't you want Smalls?

As Phenom posted, he is very raw. I think that linebacker is one of the easier* (no position is a perfect science) positions to scout and recruit, so you don't need to swing for the fences with a project but rather go get a guy who shows instincts with at least adequate athleticism. That, combined with what we already have in tow (Sewell, LaDuke, and possibly Flowe) makes it not a priority; use the spot for another position.
User avatar
DuckDuckJuice
Two Star Recruit
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:34 pm

Re: Poaching UW after the Peterson announcement

Post by DuckDuckJuice »

Phenom wrote:I think Smalls is a top 200 recruit rather than a top 10 guy. He’s really raw.
A lot of UW fans say the same.
Post Reply