StevensTechU wrote:Not typically good if you're the leader and there's a postponement. Could have definitely been hesitation from the ducks side, so who knows.
Definitely not a good sign when you’re the presumed commitment spot. Maybe it’s not a big deal and he wants to take visits, do a video, stagger commits, etc.
But sometimes that is from the school’s end. Like Victory Vaka trying to commit and being told no, as I’ve heard.
I don’t see why we’d hesitate. Only took one WR for 2020. It seems reasonable to want 3-4 this cycle. Other than Thornton I don’t know who is available and realistic that is better than Worthy. And I like Worthy more because you need a decent sized receiver that can stretch the field with speed.
Over at WeAreSC, there is the suggestion that some guys are putting their recruitment on hold while waiting for the NCAA to allow the resumption of on-campus visits.
Anatinae wrote:Over at WeAreSC, there is the suggestion that some guys are putting their recruitment on hold while waiting for the NCAA to allow the resumption of on-campus visits.
With all of the infections of players, I'm really starting to wonder how they will have a season.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Anatinae wrote:Over at WeAreSC, there is the suggestion that some guys are putting their recruitment on hold while waiting for the NCAA to allow the resumption of on-campus visits.
With all of the infections of players, I'm really starting to wonder how they will have a season.
With the amount of cases between Alabama and Clemson alone I am starting to doubt it.
Also this talk of waves the news keeps putting out seems to miss that it never went away.
Don't want to get too sidetracked, but how many of the players are asymptomatic? I'd guess almost 100%. I still think the general populous is over reacting to infection rates vs hospitalization rates.
Back to on topic....Worthy is interested in Michigan and the Giles Jackson story does seem to be correct. He basically convinced Worthy to see the campus in person prior to making a commitment. Worthy has stated that he wants to commit and be done, so he's basically making sure of his decision prior to locking it in. We still sit in a strong spot/the strongest spot but it's a little weaker than it was 2 days ago.
lukeyrid13 wrote:Don't want to get too sidetracked, but how many of the players are asymptomatic? I'd guess almost 100%. I still think the general populous is over reacting to infection rates vs hospitalization rates.
Back to on topic....Worthy is interested in Michigan and the Giles Jackson story does seem to be correct. He basically convinced Worthy to see the campus in person prior to making a commitment. Worthy has stated that he wants to commit and be done, so he's basically making sure of his decision prior to locking it in. We still sit in a strong spot/the strongest spot but it's a little weaker than it was 2 days ago.
What happens when one of the players is hospitalized? What if they get lung damage that limits their career? How many players futures should we be willing to sacrifice?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
lukeyrid13 wrote:Don't want to get too sidetracked, but how many of the players are asymptomatic? I'd guess almost 100%. I still think the general populous is over reacting to infection rates vs hospitalization rates.
Back to on topic....Worthy is interested in Michigan and the Giles Jackson story does seem to be correct. He basically convinced Worthy to see the campus in person prior to making a commitment. Worthy has stated that he wants to commit and be done, so he's basically making sure of his decision prior to locking it in. We still sit in a strong spot/the strongest spot but it's a little weaker than it was 2 days ago.
What happens when one of the players is hospitalized? What if they get lung damage that limits their career? How many players futures should we be willing to sacrifice?
I would say, and this is very sad obviously, 1-2 players a year (including lower levels) die from Heat stroke/Heart defects that are brought on by training exercises typically during summer camp. Does anyone want that to happen, no, but we don't stop summer workouts because of that. We do make arrangements to try and prevent as best we can, but we don't outright shut everything down.
Statistically, players 22 and younger are at a 0% chance of death from COVID and the percentages continue to drop as time goes on. It's inevitable that it will be contracted and probably 1-2 are hospitalized, but the macro perspective tells a much different story than the micro. Again, I hope no one dies or gets hurt from COVID or frankly anything but at the same time we take on inherrent risks daily and for athletic young men; this isn't really a large risk.
lukeyrid13 wrote:Don't want to get too sidetracked, but how many of the players are asymptomatic? I'd guess almost 100%. I still think the general populous is over reacting to infection rates vs hospitalization rates.
Back to on topic....Worthy is interested in Michigan and the Giles Jackson story does seem to be correct. He basically convinced Worthy to see the campus in person prior to making a commitment. Worthy has stated that he wants to commit and be done, so he's basically making sure of his decision prior to locking it in. We still sit in a strong spot/the strongest spot but it's a little weaker than it was 2 days ago.
What happens when one of the players is hospitalized? What if they get lung damage that limits their career? How many players futures should we be willing to sacrifice?
How about let the players decide for themselves? Give them education of the risks and let them decide if it's worth it to them. Those that don't want to play can get an automatic extra year of eligibility and sit out the year punishment free.
Just a question...how are his grades? Are they a issue? I may be thinking of a other player . I thought someone was mentioning grades. Geez I’m getting old and can’t remember s$$t these days haha
We cannot and should not take away free choices from anyone including our players. Everyday we all chose to do risky actions to others (especially those who drive) as long as we know the risk and willingly do so, no one should take the choice away. Everything bad about Covid can also happen with many other diseases from the flu to many more dangerous ones. Society cannot protect the individual beyond a very limited range. Smoking causes cancer but we still have smokers. People drown in swimming pools and rivers yet we still have people enjoying those pleasures. While we all fear death and disease we will never be able to avoid either.
" A life lived in fear is a life half lived" loose translation
duckfan96 wrote:Just a question...how are his grades? Are they a issue? I may be thinking of a other player . I thought someone was mentioning grades. Geez I’m getting old and can’t remember s$$t these days haha
I think some were worried about that with Seven McGee. Not sure how founded those are or not, or if those were just questions since he's seemingly moved every 6 months or so.
lukeyrid13 wrote:
Back to on topic....Worthy is interested in Michigan and the Giles Jackson story does seem to be correct. He basically convinced Worthy to see the campus in person prior to making a commitment. Worthy has stated that he wants to commit and be done, so he's basically making sure of his decision prior to locking it in. We still sit in a strong spot/the strongest spot but it's a little weaker than it was 2 days ago.
Worthy also hasn't seen UO campus yet? He probably thought it'd be smart to see UO first before being "fully committed".