Christian Burkhalter

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

SteelTown43
Two Star Recruit
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:17 am

Christian Burkhalter

Post by SteelTown43 »

Cb's flooding in for the WDE from Alabama, including Wiltfong with a 9 out of 10 confidence
User avatar
Phalanx
Senior
Posts: 4994
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: Christian Burkhalter

Post by Phalanx »

Looks like visions of five-star signings dancing in our heads are transitioning into a humbler reality. Seems to have a pretty decent offer list though.
SteelTown43
Two Star Recruit
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:17 am

Re: Christian Burkhalter

Post by SteelTown43 »

Assuming you're referring to JTT and Foreman, Burkhalter doesn't play the same position as either of them. I wouldn't read into a commitment from Burkhalter as a miss on either of those guys IMO
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Christian Burkhalter

Post by StevensTechU »

I hope they slow play this. Burkhalter is like a clone of Cody Carrier, if anyone remembers him. Tall, lengthy WDE/OLB with terrific straight line speed, but hasn't really impressed on the football field.
User avatar
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1117
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:45 pm

Re: Christian Burkhalter

Post by duckduckgoose »

StevensTechU wrote:I hope they slow play this. Burkhalter is like a clone of Cody Carrier, if anyone remembers him. Tall, lengthy WDE/OLB with terrific straight line speed, but hasn't really impressed on the football field.
Carriger wasn’t it?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Christian Burkhalter

Post by StevensTechU »

Yea, just a typo. Sorry.
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Christian Burkhalter

Post by StevensTechU »

I didn't see this until now, but looks like he's set to announce tomorrow at 2pm PST.
kingk1
One Star Recruit
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:03 pm

Re: Christian Burkhalter

Post by kingk1 »

seems like with so few scholarships spots left and so many big fish targets on the board that this commitment would be a bit underwhelming.
SteelTown43
Two Star Recruit
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:17 am

Re: Christian Burkhalter

Post by SteelTown43 »

Guys, trust the coaches and the prospect's offer sheet
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Christian Burkhalter

Post by StevensTechU »

SteelTown43 wrote:Guys, trust the coaches and the prospect's offer sheet
I just went back and re-watched through the lense of him being an OLB instead of WDE. I don't think he'd be a bad pickup. As I said earlier, he has plus speed and athleticism, and re-watching, he actually looks like he does really well in space. The critique I still have is but didn't say before is that, if you watch his exuberant celebrations and s***-talking after the play is dead, he seems like a big douchebag. Hopefully he grows out of it but even if not, you're never gonna like all hundred guys on your team.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10047834/5 ... 0e6067b8f4
User avatar
lukeyrid13
All-American
Posts: 10475
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Christian Burkhalter

Post by lukeyrid13 »

We all love Kiko and he was out there trying to hurt guys and took a bunch of cheap shots. You love them when it’s your guys but hate it when it’s Vontaze Burfict. Just how it is.
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Christian Burkhalter

Post by StevensTechU »

I don't like the showboating. Been a Foreman guy rather than an Ali guy since I was a young.
User avatar
Tray Dub
Senior
Posts: 4994
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm

Re: Christian Burkhalter

Post by Tray Dub »

Just watched the video – I saw him talk s*** one time. Even that was for just a few seconds. A couple celebrations but nothing out of the ordinary. Really don't see the problem, he seems like a passionate guy to me.
User avatar
Phalanx
Senior
Posts: 4994
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: Christian Burkhalter

Post by Phalanx »

I'm not a showboating guy either, but if you've ever played sports, you know it can be tough to keep yourself under control sometimes. Maturity often comes with age and experience, and it probably doesn't hurt to be around other athletically superior guys who might help provide one with some humility.
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Christian Burkhalter

Post by jimmy12 »

StevensTechU wrote:
SteelTown43 wrote:Guys, trust the coaches and the prospect's offer sheet
I just went back and re-watched through the lense of him being an OLB instead of WDE. I don't think he'd be a bad pickup. As I said earlier, he has plus speed and athleticism, and re-watching, he actually looks like he does really well in space. The critique I still have is but didn't say before is that, if you watch his exuberant celebrations and s***-talking after the play is dead, he seems like a big douchebag. Hopefully he grows out of it but even if not, you're never gonna like all hundred guys on your team.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10047834/5 ... 0e6067b8f4

I agree, but I also think Coach Cristobal, Coach Joe will knock that right out of him day 1. There are too many dogs on this defense for him to showboat too loudly. Every team needs 1 Chaz Michael Michaels and it's looking like we got one. Welcome Chaz!
Post Reply