Quack watch?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
GoDucksIn09
Senior
Posts: 3086
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:15 am

Quack watch?

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

According to rivals Oregon is on quack watch. It is a paid article so I can not see who they are referring to. Forgive me if this is about someone we already have a thread on. If we don't then could someone simply share who it is we are to be watching for?
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Quack watch?

Post by StevensTechU »

Probably Kingsley.
GoDucksIn09
Senior
Posts: 3086
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:15 am

Re: Quack watch?

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

That would be my guess.
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Quack watch?

Post by GoDucksTroll »

On 247 Wiltfong upgraded his Crystal Ball pick for Deonte Thornton to a 9, which is pretty much a lock. Thornton tweeted a video the other day that has texting “I’m committing” so maybe he’s pushing the timeline up.
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40565
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Quack watch?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

GoDucksTroll wrote:On 247 Wiltfong upgraded his Crystal Ball pick for Deonte Thornton to a 9, which is pretty much a lock. Thornton tweeted a video the other day that has texting “I’m committing” so maybe he’s pushing the timeline up.
With college football most likely getting cancelled, I think it expedites this decision. I doubt the high school all star games happen either, and I know he was wanting to wait for that.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Quack watch?

Post by GoDucksTroll »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:On 247 Wiltfong upgraded his Crystal Ball pick for Deonte Thornton to a 9, which is pretty much a lock. Thornton tweeted a video the other day that has texting “I’m committing” so maybe he’s pushing the timeline up.
With college football most likely getting cancelled, I think it expedites this decision. I doubt the high school all star games happen either, and I know he was wanting to wait for that.
I think you’re right. Thornton was one of those guys who was waiting for the All America games. Almost a certainty they won’t be happening.

I feel bad for this 2021 class. No visits since the spring, at least through the end of September. Missing out on The Opening, which a ton of our guys would have been invited to. Hurts us for 2022 by not being able to have the SNL camp that has been a huge recruiting tool. They did host a junior/sophomore day back in the spring at the last home men’s basketball game - I was sitting by the section with the recruits, families and coaches. Mario was working his ass off like a 280 pound hummingbird.
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40565
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Quack watch?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

GoDucksTroll wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:On 247 Wiltfong upgraded his Crystal Ball pick for Deonte Thornton to a 9, which is pretty much a lock. Thornton tweeted a video the other day that has texting “I’m committing” so maybe he’s pushing the timeline up.
With college football most likely getting cancelled, I think it expedites this decision. I doubt the high school all star games happen either, and I know he was wanting to wait for that.
I think you’re right. Thornton was one of those guys who was waiting for the All America games. Almost a certainty they won’t be happening.

I feel bad for this 2021 class. No visits since the spring, at least through the end of September. Missing out on The Opening, which a ton of our guys would have been invited to. Hurts us for 2022 by not being able to have the SNL camp that has been a huge recruiting tool. They did host a junior/sophomore day back in the spring at the last home men’s basketball game - I was sitting by the section with the recruits, families and coaches. Mario was working his ass off like a 280 pound hummingbird.
Ya it is a bummer for them, but at least they have the option to enroll early now. But ya, it is what it is.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Post Reply