Can’t fix stupid!

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

User avatar
pudgejeff
All Pac-12
Posts: 5014
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:21 am
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Re: Can’t fix stupid!

Post by pudgejeff »

Phalanx wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
Phalanx wrote:
pudgejeff wrote: The fact that is a thing because people are bored and don't want to wear a mask absolutely boggles my mind.
It boggles your mind that people don't want to wear a mask all the time? Really?

Hopefully it isn't a surprise to you that people have been gathering now for a few months, going to work, doing barbecues, weddings, church, etc. without masks and without a noticeable increase in the COVID numbers. For the last several months, the states with the largest problems with COVID also happen to be border states with higher influxes of people from other countries, many of whom are seeking treatment in U.S. hospitals because of crowded treatment facilities at home.

Lots of people wear masks at grocery stores to be polite, not because they think they are doing any good. Then they take the masks off as soon as they get outside, and when they are within their normal communities, and deal with the rare COVID case that comes up like any sane person would, by staying away from that person until they get better.
Lol ii thought I had blocked you. Glad to see you pop in, out of context and put words in my mouth. Sounds about right.
Hmm, well, if you don't want to have a conversation, maybe don't respond to my posts as you have done twice on this page alone? Just a thought. P.S. In this case, I am the author of the context you are referring to.
I’m fine with conversations, as long as they stay within the context of what has been said and you don’t put words in my mouth or say I said something I didn’t. When you accomplish that, I’d love to have some.
User avatar
Phalanx
Senior
Posts: 4999
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: Can’t fix stupid!

Post by Phalanx »

pudgejeff wrote:

I’m fine with conversations, as long as they stay within the context of what has been said and you don’t put words in my mouth or say I said something I didn’t. When you accomplish that, I’d love to have some.
I have no idea what you are talking about at this point, so maybe just go ahead and block me and do us both a favor. :lol:
User avatar
jBeavertonduck
Two Star Recruit
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:34 pm

Re: Can’t fix stupid!

Post by jBeavertonduck »

Finally, the third branch of government is coming to save us!

https://www.aier.org/article/federal-co ... itutional/
User avatar
OregonFan4Life
All-American
Posts: 15151
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: Can’t fix stupid!

Post by OregonFan4Life »

jBeavertonduck wrote:Finally, the third branch of government is coming to save us!

https://www.aier.org/article/federal-co ... itutional/
This is probably for the best honestly. I am not an advocate for being reckless and going out and having Covid parties (I understand this is dangerous and I certainly don't want it), but it almost felt like the governors imposing such strict guidelines would make everything worse. Let the business and people decide for themselves, and focus on educating more than controlling. In addition, the message from liberal governors was unclear, at first there were supposed to be 4 week closures to avoid hospitals being overwhelmed, and now 6 months later we're still seeing a lot of closures with no real explanation as to why. Executive decisions like that are begging for rebellion and divisiveness in my opinion. Our politicians on both sides have certainly avoided domestic diplomacy with this pandemic.
Image
karlhungis
All Pac-12
Posts: 7990
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Can’t fix stupid!

Post by karlhungis »

Can we just lock this thread and link it to the other 5 times we've gone over the same arguments?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40581
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Can’t fix stupid!

Post by UOducksTK1 »

karlhungis wrote:Can we just lock this thread and link it to the other 5 times we've gone over the same arguments?
Yes.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Locked