Same ole Beavs

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
Bighonkingduck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:57 pm

Same ole Beavs

Post by Bighonkingduck »

27-21 Fuskies
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Same ole Beavs

Post by StevensTechU »

I watched about a half, and outside of Gebbia being a significant step back from Luton, I thought both of these teams looked talented. Both looked fast, both looked physical. I really liked de Laura and reeeaaaally wanted our coaches to go after him instead of Ashford. By the end of the cycle, he had an Ohio State offer, but chose to stay loyal to WSU. But both teams are dangerous. These aren't the Vanderbilt and Mississippi State.
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Same ole Beavs

Post by Duck07 »

StevensTechU wrote:I watched about a half, and outside of Gebbia being a significant step back from Luton, I thought both of these teams looked talented. Both looked fast, both looked physical. I really liked de Laura and reeeaaaally wanted our coaches to go after him instead of Ashford. By the end of the cycle, he had an Ohio State offer, but chose to stay loyal to WSU. But both teams are dangerous. These aren't the Vanderbilt and Mississippi State.
I'm cool with offering any starting QB out of St Louis HS at this point.

I think he'll make some plays with his legs but we're going to get home more often than not and make them pay with turnovers.
Image
Everythingsducky
Senior
Posts: 2720
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Re: Same ole Beavs

Post by Everythingsducky »

Beavs playing the Fuskies tough now on the road. Go Beavs!
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Same ole Beavs

Post by Duck07 »

Image
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Same ole Beavs

Post by StevensTechU »

Beavers playing washington tough, pounding the ball down the huskies' throats after going down two scores early. They punch it in just before halftime to make it 24-21. They're playing the kind of game where a mistake or two from washington could give OSU an opening to win a tight ballgame.

I'll read about it in the morning, because I don't care quite enough to stay up to finish it, haha.
Everythingsducky
Senior
Posts: 2720
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Re: Same ole Beavs

Post by Everythingsducky »

StevensTechU wrote:Beavers playing washington tough, pounding the ball down the huskies' throats after going down two scores early. They punch it in just before halftime to make it 24-21. They're playing the kind of game where a mistake or two from washington could give OSU an opening to win a tight ballgame.

I'll read about it in the morning, because I don't care quite enough to stay up to finish it, haha.
It’s Saturday night man! C’mon, what, you getting up at 4am to watch the Masters live? Beavs are playing good ball, and can beat these a-holes. Jimmy Lake is a fraud. Can’t wait to see the puppies slip back to mediocrity.
User avatar
Phalanx
Senior
Posts: 4999
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: Same ole Beavs

Post by Phalanx »

Beavers get ripped off on 4th down near the goal line. The fix is in.
woundedknees
All-American
Posts: 12821
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: Same ole Beavs

Post by woundedknees »

That looked like he made the play by at least a yard, and review said Fuskie bal??? Beavs got robbed for sure!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Image
User avatar
lukeyrid13
All-American
Posts: 10475
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Same ole Beavs

Post by lukeyrid13 »

woundedknees wrote:That looked like he made the play by at least a yard, and review said Fuskie bal??? Beavs got robbed for sure!
Yeah, that was BS
GrandpaDuck
Senior
Posts: 3306
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:48 pm

Re: Same ole Beavs

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Back to back plays they spotted where he was bent back instead of his forward progress.

If that was Oregon instead of the Beavs that happened to, I'd be out shopping for a replacement TV this morning.
ICamel
Two Star Recruit
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:16 am

Re: Same ole Beavs

Post by ICamel »

Oregon State fans refer to themselves as "long suffering Beaver fans". I think they actually enjoy it.
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Same ole Beavs

Post by StevensTechU »

Finally watched that play. Beavers got majorly jobbed. They get the first down, they're definitely in the end zone with how they were running against the huskies. If nothing else changes, they leave Seattle with a 1 point victory.
Post Reply