Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th Edit: QUACK!

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40569
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th Edit: QUACK!

Post by UOducksTK1 »

https://247sports.com/Player/Isaiah-Sategna-46100431

Oregon vs USC. Oregon was initially thought the leader, but USC looks like the slight favorite now.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th

Post by GoDucksTroll »

After Nick Anderson committed I figured that maybe Sategna was a USC lean. Keary Colbert and USC will recruit WRs as well as anyone in the country.

A speedster is nice, but I want Tetairoa McMillan. He’s down to Oregon, USC, and lol Arizona. Incredible athlete. Having a hard time thinking of a comparison for him. Greg Biggins just did a recent re-evaluation and compared him to AJ Green. My first thought after seeing his tape was Terrell Owens. Other than top end, length of the field speed he has it all. TMac is my favorite prospect we’re recruiting in this class. I was legitimately shocked at how polished and athletic this kid is.
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th

Post by GoDucksTroll »

RE T-Mac: Arizona is in his final three because his 5’10” QB is heading there. The QB is pretty good, not a cannon arm but a scrappy ball player. McMillan had 65 catches and 12 TDs in 11 games as a sophomore in 2019. SoCal Trinity League, as good of competition as there is in the country. Also a good volleyball and basketball player, a 4.0+ GPA.

Sophomore year Hudl: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/12057319/5 ... 0a8c77eb49

1:30 of sophomore year highlights: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e16ZcTh5lrc
User avatar
lukeyrid13
All-American
Posts: 10475
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Current scuttle is that Satenga might not have a spot with us any more.
User avatar
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 976
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:30 pm

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th

Post by DuckzRule »

Why does every single possible Oregon commit also consider USC?

I have faith that we could land him but not so much after we lost JTT.
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40569
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th

Post by UOducksTK1 »

DuckzRule wrote:Why does every single possible Oregon commit also consider USC?

I have faith that we could land him but not so much after we lost JTT.
Because Oregon and USC tend to recruit the best in the pac-12.

I wouldn’t bank my faith in a WR recruit on what happened to JTT. Like goduckstroll said, after getting Nick Anderson we have less room and will be more selective, and we are now a less attractive option potentially. So makes sense if he wants to go else where (or if coaches don’t have an offer for him anymore).

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 475
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th

Post by HomeSickDuck »

He’s picked up some USC crystal balls on 247. Looks like we just got a couple for Dave Luli today. Anyone know if and who we are targeting at cornerback?
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th

Post by StevensTechU »

HomeSickDuck wrote:He’s picked up some USC crystal balls on 247. Looks like we just got a couple for Dave Luli today. Anyone know if and who we are targeting at cornerback?
Jalil Tucker and Jalil Florence. The former is A+ and the latter is meh.
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 475
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th

Post by HomeSickDuck »

StevensTechU wrote:
HomeSickDuck wrote:He’s picked up some USC crystal balls on 247. Looks like we just got a couple for Dave Luli today. Anyone know if and who we are targeting at cornerback?
Jalil Tucker and Jalil Florence. The former is A+ and the latter is meh.
Oh duhhh, not sure why I forgot about tucker. What about Ephesians Prysock?
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th

Post by StevensTechU »

GoDucksTroll wrote:A speedster is nice, but I want Tetairoa McMillan. He’s down to Oregon, USC, and lol Arizona. Incredible athlete. Having a hard time thinking of a comparison for him.
Devon Cajuste
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th

Post by jimmy12 »

I believe this offer is not committable.... I think they are all in on T-Mac

I am not 100% sure, but I am hearing rumors and hence his lean to USC.
lmduck

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th

Post by lmduck »

jimmy12 wrote:I believe this offer is not committable.... I think they are all in on T-Mac

I am not 100% sure, but I am hearing rumors and hence his lean to USC.
I have heard the same, non committable offer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th

Post by GoDucksTroll »

StevensTechU wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:A speedster is nice, but I want Tetairoa McMillan. He’s down to Oregon, USC, and lol Arizona. Incredible athlete. Having a hard time thinking of a comparison for him.
Devon Cajuste
That wouldn’t be awful, I guess. A bit disappointing if that’s the ceiling for a borderline 5-star. I think there’s about a 50 pound difference between the two and TMac looks a lot more fluid as an athlete.

I probably shouldn’t get too excited, supposedly it’s a USC vs Arizona recruitment. His HS teammate, 4-star TE Keyan Burnett decommitted from USC and is expected to go to Zona with their QB. Then again the TE is a legacy for Arizona, so maybe it’s nothing.
Everythingsducky
Senior
Posts: 2720
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th

Post by Everythingsducky »

Pardon my ignorance, but is Satenga football first, or track first?
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th

Post by jimmy12 »

Everythingsducky wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but is Satenga football first, or track first?

The NCAA rule is if the player plays both, then he is automatically a football scholarship.

It doesn't matter what they prefer as their number 1. If they play football at all then football uses the scholarship.

make sense?
Post Reply