Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th Edit: QUACK!

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th

Post by jimmy12 »

jimmy12 wrote:I believe this offer is not committable.... I think they are all in on T-Mac

I am not 100% sure, but I am hearing rumors and hence his lean to USC.

It's starting to look like I am wrong about Satenga.
User avatar
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 976
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:30 pm

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th

Post by DuckzRule »

Vanducky
One Star Recruit
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:25 pm

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th

Post by Vanducky »

Yep. 247 and Nemec are reporting it too.
User avatar
Phalanx
Senior
Posts: 4989
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th

Post by Phalanx »

Don't know if anyone caught Cristobal's cheetah post on twitter about a half hour before the announcement. :lol:
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th

Post by greenyellow »

QUACK! With 3 WRs already committed and several big names still on the board, it makes you wonder if they'll take more or they know remaining targets are headed elsewhere
Image
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th Edit: QUACK!

Post by GoDucksTroll »

It looks like Brennen Thompson is out of the equation with Sategna in.

I don’t think it has much bearing on Kevin Coleman or TMac since those are must takes no matter how many WRs you have.

TMac had an interview not too long with the Oregon SI site, which is surprisingly good since most of them are awful, and the article is optimistic despite his direct quote on Arizona: "The best thing for a wide receiver to pick a college is the quarterback. Knowing that I have a quarterback for the next three to four years is a great feeling. I've been playing with him since eighth grade--our chemistry is there and that’s my best friend. Very high chance I go there."

It would be a shame to have him wasted at Zona, but better than USC.

Article for the interested: https://www.si.com/college/oregon/recru ... cial-visit
User avatar
lukeyrid13
All-American
Posts: 10475
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th Edit: QUACK!

Post by lukeyrid13 »

GoDucksTroll wrote:It looks like Brennen Thompson is out of the equation with Sategna in.

I don’t think it has much bearing on Kevin Coleman or TMac since those are must takes no matter how many WRs you have.

TMac had an interview not too long with the Oregon SI site, which is surprisingly good since most of them are awful, and the article is optimistic despite his direct quote on Arizona: "The best thing for a wide receiver to pick a college is the quarterback. Knowing that I have a quarterback for the next three to four years is a great feeling. I've been playing with him since eighth grade--our chemistry is there and that’s my best friend. Very high chance I go there."

It would be a shame to have him wasted at Zona, but better than USC.

Article for the interested: https://www.si.com/college/oregon/recru ... cial-visit
That would be very similar to the Keenan Allen situation. Cal got him because they took Zach Maynard. I think you could argue (100%) that Maynard wasn't worth a scholarship on his own.....but is it worth using 2 scholarships essentially for a 5 star WR stud?
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th Edit: QUACK!

Post by jimmy12 »

jimmy12 wrote:
Phalanx wrote:Did Oregon drop Merriweather, or did he drop the Ducks? That seems a shame, given his proximity. Sounds like his sisters went to Oklahoma though, so I guess no strangers to leaving the area.

I don't know with 100% certainty, but I have read Oregon just slowed down. They have other prospects that they like better or that fit their needs better. Same with Satenga. In normal years wee are all over this kid. He is a burner. With that said, Eric Skopil on today's podcast said that he cannot be specific but he believes that Oregon will get the highest rated WR that they have ever signed this year. He also said that he was being intentionally vague.

ALL TIME RECRUITS: https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Sp ... eRecruits/

Ok-- So the all time highest WR is Cam Colvin: https://247sports.com/player/cameron-colvin-26026/

I am 100% guessing here, but this tells me that this could be (or is likely to be): Kevin Coleman: https://247sports.com/player/kevin-coleman-46058557/

I would love this to be true. https://www.hudl.com/video/3/11407323/5 ... 06fc29868d
Any clue???

https://twitter.com/jonathan_sd8/status ... 85057?s=21
alxtw
Freshman
Posts: 1264
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:46 pm

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th Edit: QUACK!

Post by alxtw »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:It looks like Brennen Thompson is out of the equation with Sategna in.

I don’t think it has much bearing on Kevin Coleman or TMac since those are must takes no matter how many WRs you have.

TMac had an interview not too long with the Oregon SI site, which is surprisingly good since most of them are awful, and the article is optimistic despite his direct quote on Arizona: "The best thing for a wide receiver to pick a college is the quarterback. Knowing that I have a quarterback for the next three to four years is a great feeling. I've been playing with him since eighth grade--our chemistry is there and that’s my best friend. Very high chance I go there."

It would be a shame to have him wasted at Zona, but better than USC.

Article for the interested: https://www.si.com/college/oregon/recru ... cial-visit
That would be very similar to the Keenan Allen situation. Cal got him because they took Zach Maynard. I think you could argue (100%) that Maynard wasn't worth a scholarship on his own.....but is it worth using 2 scholarships essentially for a 5 star WR stud?
Looking back with 20/20 hindsight, it would have been great and well worth it to have used two scholarships and pair Allen with Josh Huff. Mariota would have also gotten a year with him.
buckmarkduck
All-American
Posts: 11006
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
Contact:

Re: Isaiah Sategna announcing July 11th Edit: QUACK!

Post by buckmarkduck »

Pretty sure we also recruited Allen as a safety. Which wasn’t a stretch, since he was a 5* recruit and top ranked safety. That probably also played into him heading to Cal.
Post Reply