How many WRs do the Ducks take this year?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 936
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: How many WRs do the Ducks take this year?

Post by ducks5ever »

The Georgia season RB rotation candidates:

- Verdell to use his extra year but he really doesn't have anything to gain at this point
- Dye to use his extra year; he has stuff to gain (become full time starter) but I don't see him making those gains
- Dollars/Benson/Cardwell (minimal tape on any of them)
- Mcgee - eye test says he's not your every down back

So basically we're counting on good development of Dollars/Benson/Cardwell for the future RB stable. Verdell and Dye could stay another year but I just don't see what they'd gain from doing so. An injury bug at this position could decimate the season but it's probably just ok numbers wise. This is also assuming no one transfers out after this season. If I were Dollars and I'm still the 3rd string RB in my 3rd year with the program, I'd be frustrated. Personally I'd prefer another RB to add to the young mix for next season especially over a TE. I guess if all else fails, we can convert a TE to fullback.... good luck stopping that in the 4th quarter. ;)
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: How many WRs do the Ducks take this year?

Post by StevensTechU »

Like I said, if those guys are all not up to snuff, Mastro has to go. You can't just double the room size. Gary Campbell's 3rd stringers would start on these teams (literally - Kani Benoit, TBJ).
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: How many WRs do the Ducks take this year?

Post by GoDucksTroll »

5-star Kevin Coleman visiting this weekend: https://twitter.com/kevinlamarcole1/sta ... 22659?s=21

Huge.
Coleman is that dynamic Jaylen Waddle, DAT, Percy Harvin, Tavon Austin type.

I looked through the current WR commits tape and I am very impressed with Sategna. There is speed and then there are those guys with fluid speed, where you can tell the difference as soon as they make a cut. Like accelerating around a sharp curve in a car that has a perfect, sporty suspension.
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: How many WRs do the Ducks take this year?

Post by StevensTechU »

I wouldn't compare him to those guys who had the speed to outrun anyone on the field, on any field. Coleman's only recorded 40 was a 4.61, and if you pop the tape on from his junior year, you see a guy who jukes people rather than running around and past them. What he appears to be, to me, is Mycah Pittman mixed with Dillon Mitchell. What I mean by that is he's a guy who won't blaze past defenders but has really good wide receiver skills despite short stature (Pittman) who can make defenders miss in space (Mitchell).

I'll absolutely take that. Just isn't a speedster who threatens to go the distance with every touch like DAT, Harvin, Tavon, etc. D-Mitch in a smaller package.


Edit* Ignore that all. He's Bralon Addison, less thickly built. Makes guys look silly even though he's not moving that fast.
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: How many WRs do the Ducks take this year?

Post by jimmy12 »

StevensTechU wrote:I wouldn't compare him to those guys who had the speed to outrun anyone on the field, on any field. Coleman's only recorded 40 was a 4.61, and if you pop the tape on from his junior year, you see a guy who jukes people rather than running around and past them. What he appears to be, to me, is Mycah Pittman mixed with Dillon Mitchell. What I mean by that is he's a guy who won't blaze past defenders but has really good wide receiver skills despite short stature (Pittman) who can make defenders miss in space (Mitchell).

I'll absolutely take that. Just isn't a speedster who threatens to go the distance with every touch like DAT, Harvin, Tavon, etc. D-Mitch in a smaller package.


Edit* Ignore that all. He's Bralon Addison, less thickly built. Makes guys look silly even though he's not moving that fast.

I qas just about post Bralon Addison. He was never fast, but made everyone miss.
User avatar
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 976
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:30 pm

Re: How many WRs do the Ducks take this year?

Post by DuckzRule »

No one has been committing to Oregon for some weeks, we are probably gonna fall out of the 247Sports' Recruiting Rankings.
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: How many WRs do the Ducks take this year?

Post by jimmy12 »

Noooo the sky is falling!!!! Mid recruiting year grades mean so much! What should we do??? Fire everyone
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: How many WRs do the Ducks take this year?

Post by GoDucksTroll »

StevensTechU wrote:I wouldn't compare him to those guys who had the speed to outrun anyone on the field, on any field. Coleman's only recorded 40 was a 4.61, and if you pop the tape on from his junior year, you see a guy who jukes people rather than running around and past them. What he appears to be, to me, is Mycah Pittman mixed with Dillon Mitchell. What I mean by that is he's a guy who won't blaze past defenders but has really good wide receiver skills despite short stature (Pittman) who can make defenders miss in space (Mitchell).

I'll absolutely take that. Just isn't a speedster who threatens to go the distance with every touch like DAT, Harvin, Tavon, etc. D-Mitch in a smaller package.


Edit* Ignore that all. He's Bralon Addison, less thickly built. Makes guys look silly even though he's not moving that fast.
Bralon Addison is not a good comparison. I love Bralon, one of the best WRs we’ve ever had, but a very different player.

Coleman ran 4.61 as a freshman in high school back in 2019. With a 33 inch vert.

Addison supposedly ran a 4.49 in HS, but at the combine and pro day he had a 4.66 and 4.67. Addison was also under 5’8” while Coleman is taller and has a different frame. Bralon was also a QB in high school, he was a fantastic athlete but a different type - difficult to compare.

247 has Emmanuel Sanders as the comp, and that’s a 4.40 WR. Different type of speed burst. I’ll agree Coleman is more quick than fast - but he has that powerful, track cut that’s different from a Dillon Mitchell.
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: How many WRs do the Ducks take this year?

Post by StevensTechU »

Agree to disagree
Post Reply