https://lasvegassun.com/news/2021/aug/1 ... e-prep-fo/
What to like about the Gaels: Some feel this is Gorman’s most talented team since it became a national brand in the mid-2010s. With Oregon commit Cyrus Moss (6-foot-6, 220) at defensive end, speedy Zion Branch at safety and Oklahoma-commit Jake Taylor on the offense line, Gorman has five of the top seven college prospects for the class of 2022 according to 24/7 Sports, a national website. The Gaels also have a pair of Division I running backs in Jaydn Ott (Cal) and Cam Barfield (Boston College). And this is just the senior class. Gorman also has the top four recruits in Nevada for 2023, including receiver Zach Branch. Zion and Zach, brothers who also run track, have the breakaway speed that is rare for a high school athlete.
Sidenote: my son is in Liberty’s program with Sir Mells. To say he is less than impressed with Mells’ work ethic is an overstatement..
Moss: Did I Miss Something?
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
DCfeatherbutt
- One Star Recruit
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:46 pm
- Location: Las Vegas
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Moss: Did I Miss Something?
Let's hope that isn't a typo.
Looking at photos of Mells from the SNL event, the work ethic comment isn't totally surprising. It definitely makes it higher odds that a kid could flame out in college, but sometimes it's surprising how the higher level of competition and the coaches/environment can make a kid 'turn it on,' so I don't think it's a death sentence at this stage. We heard from people around Oregon HS circles that Winston was a guy who didn't work terribly hard, and he was quite successful in Eugene.
Looking at photos of Mells from the SNL event, the work ethic comment isn't totally surprising. It definitely makes it higher odds that a kid could flame out in college, but sometimes it's surprising how the higher level of competition and the coaches/environment can make a kid 'turn it on,' so I don't think it's a death sentence at this stage. We heard from people around Oregon HS circles that Winston was a guy who didn't work terribly hard, and he was quite successful in Eugene.
- Phalanx
- Senior
- Posts: 4985
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm
Re: Moss: Did I Miss Something?
If we don't like the first DT we flipped from the Huskies, maybe a second one will be better.
https://twitter.com/RobertsBen8/status/ ... 8160223238
https://twitter.com/RobertsBen8/status/ ... 8160223238
-
GrantDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 2629
- Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:05 pm
Re: Moss: Did I Miss Something?
"Less than impressed with his work ethic is an overstatement"..would mean he has an ok work ethic.... 
-
DCfeatherbutt
- One Star Recruit
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:46 pm
- Location: Las Vegas
Re: Moss: Did I Miss Something?
Sorry if I was not clear: My less than average football playing, JV for life, goofy yet very smart son says Mells is the laziest football player he has ever seen. Clear?GrantDuck wrote:"Less than impressed with his work ethic is an overstatement"..would mean he has an ok work ethic....
I hope STU is right.