USC Recruits

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
northbeachsf
Freshman
Posts: 1494
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:54 pm

USC Recruits

Post by northbeachsf »

Do we have a legit second chance at any of the current USC recruits?
karlhungis
All Pac-12
Posts: 7990
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am

Re: USC Recruits

Post by karlhungis »

What about luring Corey Foreman into the portal?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
dthomas=ddixon
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8648
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: McMinnville, Oregon

Re: USC Recruits

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Any of the ones we would want are Donte recruits so it’s unlikely at this point. Even if they hire from outside, whoever is hired would be smart to keep Donte, even just for the sake of the recruiting class.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: USC Recruits

Post by Duck07 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Any of the ones we would want are Donte recruits so it’s unlikely at this point. Even if they hire from outside, whoever is hired would be smart to keep Donte, even just for the sake of the recruiting class.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd like to see Korey Foreman transfer to Eugene!
Image
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: USC Recruits

Post by jimmy12 »

That team has flaws from positional perspective. And now the man running the show, who will try to win the job, has no governor l. He will have the best summer 7 v 7 team in the country.
User avatar
OregonFan4Life
All-American
Posts: 15149
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: USC Recruits

Post by OregonFan4Life »

jimmy12 wrote:That team has flaws from positional perspective. And now the man running the show, who will try to win the job, has no governor l. He will have the best summer 7 v 7 team in the country.
Yet somehow Stanford passed all over USC and it felt like USC DB’s were nowhere near receivers. Either Dontae has been recruiting busts or just focuses on recruiting and forgets to teach them how to cover. I know he’s getting paid way more but I don’t think Dontae did himself any long term favors going to USC. I doubt he gets the HC job and there’s a chance whoever comes in brings in his own guys and suddenly Dontae is out of the job. Unless Dontae is at the very least promoted to DC at USC, he’s gonna be looking elsewhere immediately. I always felt this was a foolish move for Dontae despite the immediate increase in pay.
Image
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: USC Recruits

Post by jimmy12 »

They will keep dantae. Trust me
User avatar
OregonFan4Life
All-American
Posts: 15149
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: USC Recruits

Post by OregonFan4Life »

jimmy12 wrote:They will keep dantae. Trust me
I’m sure they’ll try to but if they’re going to put shackles around a coach before hiring one they’re gonna struggle to find a quality one. Fact is, it’s quite often that good coaches want to bring in their guys with complete disregard for who is already there.
Image
alxtw
Freshman
Posts: 1264
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:46 pm

Re: USC Recruits

Post by alxtw »

If his main reason (father's ailing health) to move back to LA was true, then I don't see him leaving LA even if he is let go. I hope that the new HC at SC keeps Donte on staff or Donte gets the permanent position. It would be a nightmare if he is brought on by the UCLA staff. UCLA and Chip would be scary good if they had an ace recruiter like Donte on staff.
User avatar
OregonFan4Life
All-American
Posts: 15149
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: USC Recruits

Post by OregonFan4Life »

alxtw wrote:If his main reason (father's ailing health) to move back to LA was true, then I don't see him leaving LA even if he is let go. I hope that the new HC at SC keeps Donte on staff or Donte gets the permanent position. It would be a nightmare if he is brought on by the UCLA staff. UCLA and Chip would be scary good if they had an ace recruiter like Donte on staff.
I forgot that his father was sick, I take back what I said, it wasn’t a foolish decision.
Image
northbeachsf
Freshman
Posts: 1494
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:54 pm

Re: USC Recruits

Post by northbeachsf »

Duck07 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:Any of the ones we would want are Donte recruits so it’s unlikely at this point. Even if they hire from outside, whoever is hired would be smart to keep Donte, even just for the sake of the recruiting class.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd like to see Korey Foreman transfer to Eugene!
I wonder how involved we are in the transfer portal? I read a while back that we were 1 of only 4 FBS programs that did not take a non-graduate transfer from the portal last year.
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: USC Recruits

Post by Duck07 »

northbeachsf wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:Any of the ones we would want are Donte recruits so it’s unlikely at this point. Even if they hire from outside, whoever is hired would be smart to keep Donte, even just for the sake of the recruiting class.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd like to see Korey Foreman transfer to Eugene!
I wonder how involved we are in the transfer portal? I read a while back that we were 1 of only 4 FBS programs that did not take a non-graduate transfer from the portal last year.
It wasn't for lack of effort on our part, more that we were selective in who we went after.
Image
User avatar
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:07 pm

Re: USC Recruits

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

alxtw wrote:If his main reason (father's ailing health) to move back to LA was true, then I don't see him leaving LA even if he is let go. I hope that the new HC at SC keeps Donte on staff or Donte gets the permanent position. It would be a nightmare if he is brought on by the UCLA staff. UCLA and Chip would be scary good if they had an ace recruiter like Donte on staff.
I think the biggest factory was getting passed over as DC. He knew he didn’t have upward trajectory here, so he went elsewhere, got a pay raise, and I’m guessing he was assured a shot at a DC job if it opens up.
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: USC Recruits

Post by jimmy12 »

Uhm—
He wasnt offered the DC role at USC either. In fact, they hired Orlando.
Post Reply