Dream Finish
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: Dream Finish
One of the posters here, who knows Clemons well (you'll have to trust me here) says that he doesn't work hard, has a terrible attitude and isn't as good as advertised. Knowing what I know about how he knows all these things, I believe him. I say, PASS.
We are good at WR.
My dream finish:
Defense:
Lucas (DL) https://247sports.com/player/anthony-lucas-46097888/
Moss (edge) https://247sports.com/player/cyrus-moss-46056265/
Kelly (dl) https://247sports.com/player/nyjalik-kelly-46098949/
Scott (cb) https://247sports.com/player/keionte-scott-46116368/
Berry (s) https://247sports.com/player/zeke-berry-46086774/
Offense:
Conerly: https://247sports.com/player/josh-conerly-jr-46057420/
Decommits coming Winston and Lewis (most likely)
https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Se ... l/Commits/
We are good at WR.
My dream finish:
Defense:
Lucas (DL) https://247sports.com/player/anthony-lucas-46097888/
Moss (edge) https://247sports.com/player/cyrus-moss-46056265/
Kelly (dl) https://247sports.com/player/nyjalik-kelly-46098949/
Scott (cb) https://247sports.com/player/keionte-scott-46116368/
Berry (s) https://247sports.com/player/zeke-berry-46086774/
Offense:
Conerly: https://247sports.com/player/josh-conerly-jr-46057420/
Decommits coming Winston and Lewis (most likely)
https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Se ... l/Commits/
- ncduck
- Senior
- Posts: 2189
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:14 am
- Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Re: Dream Finish
Shocking twist: the mystery person IS Clemons!!
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Dream Finish
Have we ever seen a local 4-star we could get that someone around them didn’t hate? Maybe Hufanga, who we couldn’t get.
Last year it was Keith Brown, and he’s okay for a true freshman, probable starter in his career.
La’Mar Winston got a lot of hate, solid contributor.
We didn’t want Chase Cota and be wound up better than the receivers we did get.
Clemons moved to Utah for one year because he didn’t want to miss the Covid season, that shows some dedication. Maybe the person is right, but it’s so hard to tell with kids. Clemons looks like he puts in the work.
I don’t think we absolutely need a fourth WR with McMillan, Sategna, and Johnson. Unless we have a mass exodus and TMac goes to Arizona, which sounds like a dumb move if I’ve ever heard one. I really like TMac’s QB, the 5’11” Noah Fifita committed to Arizona. I’d take him over Bailey if it also involved the TE teammate. It doesn’t hurt having the best WR/TE combo in high school football, but after Anthony Brown I’m impressed with anyone who can chuck a football more than 25 yards.
Last year it was Keith Brown, and he’s okay for a true freshman, probable starter in his career.
La’Mar Winston got a lot of hate, solid contributor.
We didn’t want Chase Cota and be wound up better than the receivers we did get.
Clemons moved to Utah for one year because he didn’t want to miss the Covid season, that shows some dedication. Maybe the person is right, but it’s so hard to tell with kids. Clemons looks like he puts in the work.
I don’t think we absolutely need a fourth WR with McMillan, Sategna, and Johnson. Unless we have a mass exodus and TMac goes to Arizona, which sounds like a dumb move if I’ve ever heard one. I really like TMac’s QB, the 5’11” Noah Fifita committed to Arizona. I’d take him over Bailey if it also involved the TE teammate. It doesn’t hurt having the best WR/TE combo in high school football, but after Anthony Brown I’m impressed with anyone who can chuck a football more than 25 yards.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Dream Finish
Anderson officially flips to Oklahoma. Good player. Opens up a spot for the Ducks that they can use, though.
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40569
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: Dream Finish
Bummer, but WR is stacked with young guys already. Can't blame him.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Dream Finish
It will be interesting to see if Oregon uses his spot for another receiver (Clemons, Coleman), or another position. There are definitely positions thinner on young talent than WR.
-
buckmarkduck
- All-American
- Posts: 11009
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
- Contact:
Re: Dream Finish
Really want Coleman. Need the speed
-
HomeSickDuck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 475
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm
Re: Dream Finish
Clemons has a faster 40 time by about .3 secondsbuckmarkduck wrote:Really want Coleman. Need the speed
-
HomeSickDuck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 475
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm
Re: Dream Finish
Sounds like Sategna is flipping to Arkansas. Wonder if this is the coaches making room
Or what, with both him and Anderson flipping.
Or what, with both him and Anderson flipping.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Dream Finish
Sategna is flipping according to whom?
FWIW, Cristobal was re-tweeting Sategna's stuff as recently as this week. Doesn't scream 'roster management' but you never know.
FWIW, Cristobal was re-tweeting Sategna's stuff as recently as this week. Doesn't scream 'roster management' but you never know.
-
HomeSickDuck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 475
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm
Re: Dream Finish
He got six crystal balls the past two days. It’s not always 100%, but where there’s smoke there’s fire. Wiltfong, Huffman and Biggins all have him flipping.StevensTechU wrote:Sategna is flipping according to whom?
FWIW, Cristobal was re-tweeting Sategna's stuff as recently as this week. Doesn't scream 'roster management' but you never know.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Dream Finish
Oh yea, then I'd say it's close to a sure thing. Interesting. Like I said, I don't think this is roster management, though, even though it doesn't hurt all that bad.
- Phalanx
- Senior
- Posts: 4993
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm
Re: Dream Finish
Well, at least the receiver exodus explains why Clemons was visiting last weekend. I was trying to figure out why he would be there if there wasn't any room for him.
-
HomeSickDuck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 475
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm
Re: Dream Finish
Anyone know our chances with Zeke Berry?
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Dream Finish
HighHomeSickDuck wrote:Anyone know our chances with Zeke Berry?