Eric Williams JR

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
duck92
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:25 pm

Eric Williams JR

Post by duck92 »

I'm hoping he uses his covid year and comes back. Him and Kepnang are my favorite players on the team, fully expect Frank to be back next year
northbeachsf
Freshman
Posts: 1494
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:54 pm

Re: Eric Williams JR

Post by northbeachsf »

I believe we have 11 scholarship players right now, with 4 new recruits coming in. I believe Young is the only one that is out of eligibility after this season. We know we are going to lose at least one more to make enough room for the 4 incoming recruits.

I would love to see 9 players come back next year so we have a full roster with experience, but you know we will lose 4-5 guys just like we do every year.

Eric is a great player that just had a not so great year. However, he has already graduated and has been in college for 5 years, so I think he probably moves on. I don't see Richardson staying either. I suspect we are going to lose 1 or 2 bigs as well due to playing time as well. Then throw one typical head scratcher that we have every year and you will be at that 4-5 mark.
panamaslim
Two Star Recruit
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:24 am

Re: Eric Williams JR

Post by panamaslim »

I hope next year’s team doesn’t take quite as long to gel. It will be strange not seeing us in the playoffs this year. The only NIT game I ever watched was the Greg Ballard explosion vs Oral Roberts. Heck with the NIT.
User avatar
lukeyrid13
All-American
Posts: 10475
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Eric Williams JR

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ Luke Jackson had an epic game against Colorado in the NIT in like 03?

I think he ended with ~44 points and had 29 of our final 30 or something crazy like that
GrantDuck
Senior
Posts: 2629
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: Eric Williams JR

Post by GrantDuck »

Gotta sweep this weekend OR we're going to have to beat one of the big 3 again in the Pac-12 Tournament.

At least we're not the Beavers!

Dior Johnson going to be an absolute stud next year for us. Hopefully Ware can put on some weight and be an immediate contributor.

I'm worried Bittle won't stick around if Dante stays. N'faly could use another year of college, but with his injury history if he is in line to get drafted, he might be better served to go.
northbeachsf
Freshman
Posts: 1494
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:54 pm

Re: Eric Williams JR

Post by northbeachsf »

GrantDuck wrote:Gotta sweep this weekend OR we're going to have to beat one of the big 3 again in the Pac-12 Tournament.

At least we're not the Beavers!

Dior Johnson going to be an absolute stud next year for us. Hopefully Ware can put on some weight and be an immediate contributor.

I'm worried Bittle won't stick around if Dante stays. N'faly could use another year of college, but with his injury history if he is in line to get drafted, he might be better served to go.
I read something yesterday that said they looked at the bracket math and even if we sweep this week, we only have roughly a 5% chance of getting an at-large birth. We are going to have to win both games this week and make the conference tourney finals....or win the whole thing. Bubble teams not named Oregon keep winning big games, so the bubble is getting pretty strong.

Unless this team makes a huge leap this week, they are going to the NIT.
User avatar
nogerO
Senior
Posts: 4516
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:48 pm
Location: Wyoming

Re: Eric Williams JR

Post by nogerO »

NIT for this bunch.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
User avatar
OregonFan4Life
All-American
Posts: 15153
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: Eric Williams JR

Post by OregonFan4Life »

nogerO wrote:NIT for this bunch.
It’s what they honestly deserve. This team has been a huge disappointment. So much wasted talent due to a combo of inconsistent effort and selfish 1v1 ball.
Image
Post Reply