MBB: Oregon @ WSU (Feb. 19, Sun 4 PM FS1)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

MBB: Oregon @ WSU (Feb. 19, Sun 4 PM FS1)

Post by greenyellow »

WASHINGTON STATE
FEB. 19 (SUN) 4 PM
PULLMAN, WA
TV: FS1
Image
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: MBB: Oregon @ WSU (Feb. 19, Sun 4 PM FS1)

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks drop yet another game where they led at halftime. Barthelemy and the bench played a great 2nd half but they got very little from the starters when they needed them most. Worst time for them to go into a tailspin, especially with who they're playing the last few weeks of the season. They're now looking at the 5 or 6 seed in the Pac-12 Tournament.
Image
Everythingsducky
Senior
Posts: 2716
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Re: MBB: Oregon @ WSU (Feb. 19, Sun 4 PM FS1)

Post by Everythingsducky »

Took 4 shots, yet he hit 3 of them. More TO’s than assists. I have never seen such a coward in a teams time of need, when he is supposedly it’s leader. Thank goodness he won’t instill his polluted mindset with next years roster. It makes me walk back any highlights of his UO career. I would like to have thought his silent leadership would have helped this team. ZERO marbles.
dthomas=ddixon
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8648
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: McMinnville, Oregon

Re: MBB: Oregon @ WSU (Feb. 19, Sun 4 PM FS1)

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

8 assists to 12 turnovers as a team. We’re poorly coached and poorly assembled. I’m having a harder and harder time even being excited for next years team. With a group of freshman expected to carry the team I imagine all the same issues will persist.
Image
User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: MBB: Oregon @ WSU (Feb. 19, Sun 4 PM FS1)

Post by Duck07 »

Everythingsducky wrote:Took 4 shots, yet he hit 3 of them. More TO’s than assists. I have never seen such a coward in a teams time of need, when he is supposedly it’s leader. Thank goodness he won’t instill his polluted mindset with next years roster. It makes me walk back any highlights of his UO career. I would like to have thought his silent leadership would have helped this team. ZERO marbles.
Can we stop the personal attacks on here?

Is it that hard to discern being critical vs just being a jackass?
Image
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40562
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: MBB: Oregon @ WSU (Feb. 19, Sun 4 PM FS1)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Everythingsducky wrote:Took 4 shots, yet he hit 3 of them. More TO’s than assists. I have never seen such a coward in a teams time of need, when he is supposedly it’s leader. Thank goodness he won’t instill his polluted mindset with next years roster. It makes me walk back any highlights of his UO career. I would like to have thought his silent leadership would have helped this team. ZERO marbles.
He wasn't even in during most of crunch time. This post is not even accurate...

Anyway, I went to the game. Pullman fans are always nice, almost too nice. Bummer we lost, way too many turnovers in the first half.. Clean that up a little bit and Oregon wins this game by 5+.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
User avatar
OregonFan4Life
All-American
Posts: 15147
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: MBB: Oregon @ WSU (Feb. 19, Sun 4 PM FS1)

Post by OregonFan4Life »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:8 assists to 12 turnovers as a team. We’re poorly coached and poorly assembled. I’m having a harder and harder time even being excited for next years team. With a group of freshman expected to carry the team I imagine all the same issues will persist.
I keep bringing it up but feel that I’m getting ignored, but from a financial perspective Mullens may need to make a change at Oregon basketball. We love Altman but fan excitement is not there, I know for me personally it’s almost completely gone. I used to watch every duck basketball game, now I often forget there’s even a game until I get a notification of the final score on my phone. Our basketball games are looking like UCLA football games in regards to attendance. From simply a financial perspective, Mullens may have no choice but to make a change soon to try and get fans excited for duck basketball again.
Image
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40562
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: MBB: Oregon @ WSU (Feb. 19, Sun 4 PM FS1)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:8 assists to 12 turnovers as a team. We’re poorly coached and poorly assembled. I’m having a harder and harder time even being excited for next years team. With a group of freshman expected to carry the team I imagine all the same issues will persist.
I keep bringing it up but feel that I’m getting ignored, but from a financial perspective Mullens may need to make a change at Oregon basketball. We love Altman but fan excitement is not there, I know for me personally it’s almost completely gone. I used to watch every duck basketball game, now I often forget there’s even a game until I get a notification of the final score on my phone. Our basketball games are looking like UCLA football games in regards to attendance. From simply a financial perspective, Mullens may have no choice but to make a change soon to try and get fans excited for duck basketball again.
Meh, this is all jumping the gun. Oregon's basketball roster this year and last year probably wouldn't have made the NCAA tournament no matter who coached them.

Let's visit some viable reasons and stats for why Oregon sucks:
-Oregon hasn't had a top 30 recruiting class in almost 4 years. (You ain't winning with this formula)
-6 of our 9 commits from 2019 and 2020 classes left after a year or two (Brutal turnover)

Now why was Oregon good before 2020:
-From 2014-2019 Oregon never had a class worse than top 25 (And again since then, we haven't had a top 30 class)


I think Altman is noticing this gap in HS talent, and now he's pulled in a top 8 class. I'm confident in a year or two, we will back to our old ways of competing for tournament ever year. It's been a rougher stretch of recruiting the last 4 years and the transfers he's brought in during that period have probably been the worst ones he's ever brought in.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
dthomas=ddixon
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8648
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: McMinnville, Oregon

Re: MBB: Oregon @ WSU (Feb. 19, Sun 4 PM FS1)

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Those are good points, TK. I actually went back through our classes recently to see how many players we’ve lost and was surprised how poor the actual classes were.

Altman’s inability to keep players is still a major issue in my mind. You need to both recruit at a high level and keep at least half of those players. It’s only gotten harder with the transfer portal but most of the top programs have managed to figure it out. Rosters made up of one and done players, 3* recruits, and mediocre transfers will never have us consistently competing at a high level.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40562
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: MBB: Oregon @ WSU (Feb. 19, Sun 4 PM FS1)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Those are good points, TK. I actually went back through our classes recently to see how many players we’ve lost and was surprised how poor the actual classes were.

Altman’s inability to keep players is still a major issue in my mind. You need to both recruit at a high level and keep at least half of those players. It’s only gotten harder with the transfer portal but most of the top programs have managed to figure it out. Rosters made up of one and done players, 3* recruits, and mediocre transfers will never have us consistently competing at a high level.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right on. I will say this though, if we can't keep our HS commits from this class and we don't at least get decent transfers, then things may not improve much. But I'm pretty confident in our upcoming class. Mookie is a top 10 recruit and only dropped a lot because he stepped away during the summer to do acting. KJ is a top 10 projected pick.

Their talent will likely be better than any Forward we have on the team currently. Gurrier is shooting 41% and Soares 37% and Wur 35%. Those are our top 3 forwards getting minutes. Compared to 2015 where our 3 top playing Forwards were averaging 47%, 47%, and 53%.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Post Reply