Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
MacDuck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 489
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:20 am
Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16
Finally some sense in this thread.
Like I've said 1000x, BB has given us every reason to believe he's coming here when you look at the FACTS. If you wanna let your emotions be dictated by a random guy on a message board, knock yourself out. I like to base my opinion on facts & things that Bryce himself has said. Those point to him being a Duck. If I'm wrong, then so be it but at least I wasn't an emotional wreck leading up to the 16th.[/quo
dthomas, what are you going to do if Brown, Butler & his dad do indeed visit UT this weekend? You seem to be in denial that this story could have some validity? I hope it's just a lot of BS, but it isn't going away. Hope your bubble doesn't burst too badly.[/quote]
If he doesn't come here, he doesn't come here. We're still a top ten team regardless. My bubble is in no way gonna "burst". I just prefer to be level headed in this whole thing & go with what I know, not rumors. If he chooses Tennessee then obviously those rumors had some validity, until then there's no reason to believe them.[/quote]
========================================================
I do appreciate your optimism. I've always been a glass half empty guy when it comes to recruiting because 8 times out of 10, us Ducks don't get these kind of guys. We are due to win one of these, but having followed recruiting closely now for over 10 yrs easily, this one just feels too much like many others. Now I do agree that if this Tenn story ends up being BS, which it easily could be, I think we've got a shot. The part I have a hard time with is nothing has come from out from anyone other than Bryce which favors us. That is a big warning sign IMO. The family needs to be in our corner. If they are they sure aren't acting like it.
Like I've said 1000x, BB has given us every reason to believe he's coming here when you look at the FACTS. If you wanna let your emotions be dictated by a random guy on a message board, knock yourself out. I like to base my opinion on facts & things that Bryce himself has said. Those point to him being a Duck. If I'm wrong, then so be it but at least I wasn't an emotional wreck leading up to the 16th.[/quo
dthomas, what are you going to do if Brown, Butler & his dad do indeed visit UT this weekend? You seem to be in denial that this story could have some validity? I hope it's just a lot of BS, but it isn't going away. Hope your bubble doesn't burst too badly.[/quote]
If he doesn't come here, he doesn't come here. We're still a top ten team regardless. My bubble is in no way gonna "burst". I just prefer to be level headed in this whole thing & go with what I know, not rumors. If he chooses Tennessee then obviously those rumors had some validity, until then there's no reason to believe them.[/quote]
========================================================
I do appreciate your optimism. I've always been a glass half empty guy when it comes to recruiting because 8 times out of 10, us Ducks don't get these kind of guys. We are due to win one of these, but having followed recruiting closely now for over 10 yrs easily, this one just feels too much like many others. Now I do agree that if this Tenn story ends up being BS, which it easily could be, I think we've got a shot. The part I have a hard time with is nothing has come from out from anyone other than Bryce which favors us. That is a big warning sign IMO. The family needs to be in our corner. If they are they sure aren't acting like it.
-
dthomas=ddixon
- Moderator

- Posts: 8671
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
- Location: McMinnville, Oregon
Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16
I haven't been following recruiting that long, about 2 years, so obviously I'm no expert. I just don't see the "warning signs" in this one.MacDuck wrote:I do appreciate your optimism. I've always been a glass half empty guy when it comes to recruiting because 8 times out of 10, us Ducks don't get these kind of guys. We are due to win one of these, but having followed recruiting closely now for over 10 yrs easily, this one just feels too much like many others. Now I do agree that if this Tenn story ends up being BS, which it easily could be, I think we've got a shot. The part I have a hard time with is nothing has come from out from anyone other than Bryce which favors us. That is a big warning sign IMO. The family needs to be in our corner. If they are they sure aren't acting like it.
Really, when have his parents come out & said they were leaning either way? Or given a vote of confidence to one school? Seems like its been put out there just as someones opinion then taken as fact by everyone. I know that his parents would like him to stay closer to home, what parents wouldn't? There's never been anything substantial that said they would make Bryce's desicion for him or making him go one way or the other though. Just more rampant speculation.
I really feel that the final desicion comes down to what he wants. I also feel that HIS desicion will be Oregon. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, I don't think I am though.

- Weston
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 481
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:51 pm
Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16
I haven't been following BB's recruiting that closely. I understand he's quite religious and I'm just curious: did he perhaps choose to announce his decision on March 16th because of that famous Bible verse, John 3:16? From what little I know of him, it sounds like something he might do.
-
5$
- Freshman
- Posts: 1257
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:55 pm
- Location: Eugene
Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16
If we don't get him, I hope we don't lose him to the Vols - their fans are just ridiculous!

-
chapelhillduck
- Senior
- Posts: 2395
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:15 am
Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16
We do play the vols in a couple of years!
-
5$
- Freshman
- Posts: 1257
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:55 pm
- Location: Eugene
Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16
Well ya, that is true... Ok maybe it wouldn't be that bad. But still, their fans are very quick to insult.chapelhillduck wrote:We do play the vols in a couple of years!

- NCDucks09
- Senior
- Posts: 2265
- Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:37 am
- Location: Portland, OR
Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16
With Bellotti stepping into the AD position, I heard this will help Oregon land Bryce.
2012 Rose Bowl Champions
2013 Fiesta Bowl Champions
Still Dedicated to the Ducks Winning the Natty!
2013 Fiesta Bowl Champions
Still Dedicated to the Ducks Winning the Natty!
- wheaton4prez
- Senior
- Posts: 3568
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:36 pm
Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16
That may only be because they are sore at me for pointing out the clear reasons why Oregon is a better choice than UT in football terms. All they have over Oregon is geography.will5 wrote:Well ya, that is true... Ok maybe it wouldn't be that bad. But still, their fans are very quick to insult.chapelhillduck wrote:We do play the vols in a couple of years!
-
huckthefuskies
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 290
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:55 pm
Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16
They are claiming a rival mod is saying he is officially in town now. Anyone know if this is true or just more rumors?
- wheaton4prez
- Senior
- Posts: 3568
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:36 pm
Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16
It sounds like he is there: http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/mar ... rd-figure/
But, they are saying that he is there with a friend. No parents or Butler.
But, they are saying that he is there with a friend. No parents or Butler.
-
huckthefuskies
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 290
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:55 pm
Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16
My understanding as well. I do love the idea of UT's internet broadcasting of the practices though. It seems like a great way to include the fans especially this time of year when there is not much going on.
- wheaton4prez
- Senior
- Posts: 3568
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:36 pm
Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16
Yeah. But its also a great way to show opponents what plays you're working on, what position changes might look like, etc.
Their practice looked disorganized. What was with the roving mob milling around in the field?
Their practice looked disorganized. What was with the roving mob milling around in the field?
-
Destroyer77
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1027
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:49 pm
Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16
It was the Bryce Brown entourage.wheaton4prez wrote:Yeah. But its also a great way to show opponents what plays you're working on, what position changes might look like, etc.
Their practice looked disorganized. What was with the roving mob milling around in the field?
- ncduck
- Senior
- Posts: 2189
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:14 am
- Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
-
freedjr
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 979
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:23 am
Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16
Congrats, Bryce is obviously a huge pickup for you guys. Maybe now you guys have a shot at UCLA.FloridaVol wrote:Wheaton4Prez:
You talked a little too much smack. Turns out VN posters were not the delusional ones, eh? Bryce Brown will look good in orange.