Page 8 of 9

Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:20 pm
by MacDuck
Finally some sense in this thread.

Like I've said 1000x, BB has given us every reason to believe he's coming here when you look at the FACTS. If you wanna let your emotions be dictated by a random guy on a message board, knock yourself out. I like to base my opinion on facts & things that Bryce himself has said. Those point to him being a Duck. If I'm wrong, then so be it but at least I wasn't an emotional wreck leading up to the 16th.[/quo

dthomas, what are you going to do if Brown, Butler & his dad do indeed visit UT this weekend? You seem to be in denial that this story could have some validity? I hope it's just a lot of BS, but it isn't going away. Hope your bubble doesn't burst too badly.[/quote]

If he doesn't come here, he doesn't come here. We're still a top ten team regardless. My bubble is in no way gonna "burst". I just prefer to be level headed in this whole thing & go with what I know, not rumors. If he chooses Tennessee then obviously those rumors had some validity, until then there's no reason to believe them.[/quote]

========================================================

I do appreciate your optimism. I've always been a glass half empty guy when it comes to recruiting because 8 times out of 10, us Ducks don't get these kind of guys. We are due to win one of these, but having followed recruiting closely now for over 10 yrs easily, this one just feels too much like many others. Now I do agree that if this Tenn story ends up being BS, which it easily could be, I think we've got a shot. The part I have a hard time with is nothing has come from out from anyone other than Bryce which favors us. That is a big warning sign IMO. The family needs to be in our corner. If they are they sure aren't acting like it.

Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:35 pm
by dthomas=ddixon
MacDuck wrote:I do appreciate your optimism. I've always been a glass half empty guy when it comes to recruiting because 8 times out of 10, us Ducks don't get these kind of guys. We are due to win one of these, but having followed recruiting closely now for over 10 yrs easily, this one just feels too much like many others. Now I do agree that if this Tenn story ends up being BS, which it easily could be, I think we've got a shot. The part I have a hard time with is nothing has come from out from anyone other than Bryce which favors us. That is a big warning sign IMO. The family needs to be in our corner. If they are they sure aren't acting like it.
I haven't been following recruiting that long, about 2 years, so obviously I'm no expert. I just don't see the "warning signs" in this one.

Really, when have his parents come out & said they were leaning either way? Or given a vote of confidence to one school? Seems like its been put out there just as someones opinion then taken as fact by everyone. I know that his parents would like him to stay closer to home, what parents wouldn't? There's never been anything substantial that said they would make Bryce's desicion for him or making him go one way or the other though. Just more rampant speculation.

I really feel that the final desicion comes down to what he wants. I also feel that HIS desicion will be Oregon. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, I don't think I am though.

Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:21 am
by Weston
I haven't been following BB's recruiting that closely. I understand he's quite religious and I'm just curious: did he perhaps choose to announce his decision on March 16th because of that famous Bible verse, John 3:16? From what little I know of him, it sounds like something he might do.

Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:43 am
by 5$
If we don't get him, I hope we don't lose him to the Vols - their fans are just ridiculous!

Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:06 am
by chapelhillduck
We do play the vols in a couple of years!

Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:24 pm
by 5$
chapelhillduck wrote:We do play the vols in a couple of years!
Well ya, that is true... Ok maybe it wouldn't be that bad. But still, their fans are very quick to insult.

Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:36 pm
by NCDucks09
With Bellotti stepping into the AD position, I heard this will help Oregon land Bryce.

Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:13 pm
by wheaton4prez
will5 wrote:
chapelhillduck wrote:We do play the vols in a couple of years!
Well ya, that is true... Ok maybe it wouldn't be that bad. But still, their fans are very quick to insult.
That may only be because they are sore at me for pointing out the clear reasons why Oregon is a better choice than UT in football terms. All they have over Oregon is geography.

Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:27 pm
by huckthefuskies
They are claiming a rival mod is saying he is officially in town now. Anyone know if this is true or just more rumors?

Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:53 pm
by wheaton4prez
It sounds like he is there: http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/mar ... rd-figure/

But, they are saying that he is there with a friend. No parents or Butler.

Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:10 pm
by huckthefuskies
My understanding as well. I do love the idea of UT's internet broadcasting of the practices though. It seems like a great way to include the fans especially this time of year when there is not much going on.

Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:58 pm
by wheaton4prez
Yeah. But its also a great way to show opponents what plays you're working on, what position changes might look like, etc.

Their practice looked disorganized. What was with the roving mob milling around in the field?

Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:22 pm
by Destroyer77
wheaton4prez wrote:Yeah. But its also a great way to show opponents what plays you're working on, what position changes might look like, etc.

Their practice looked disorganized. What was with the roving mob milling around in the field?
It was the Bryce Brown entourage.

Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:25 pm
by ncduck
Go home troll.

Re: Keep ur hat on tight BBrown is gonna be a bumpy landing.3.16

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:52 pm
by freedjr
FloridaVol wrote:Wheaton4Prez:
You talked a little too much smack. Turns out VN posters were not the delusional ones, eh? Bryce Brown will look good in orange.
Congrats, Bryce is obviously a huge pickup for you guys. Maybe now you guys have a shot at UCLA.