Page 2 of 4
Re: Manti Te'o GF a hoax?
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:27 pm
by thegb2001
what a scumbag, not only to make this whole thing up just to boost your heisman race, but now for him and the school to lie about it. right so dec 26th was when you found about this hoax and you are only releasing a statement about it today why?, because deadspin found the true story out. sure you had a long relationship with a girl you never met and just happened to "skip" her funeral. im sure a heisman finalist/ future nfl player would need to meet someone online and never actually meet in person but have a relationship with her. what a bunch of garbage that is. even lied to his own team. his coach gave this made up girl the game ball after a win and her "death"
Re: Manti Te'o GF a hoax?
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:28 pm
by Duck24
So then what about them meeting outside of the stadium after the Stanford game is 2008? Dude just needs to come clean and call it for what it is....a publicity stunt. Don't play victim or anything like that. Just admit it.
Re: Manti Te'o GF a hoax?
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:28 pm
by brich75
Well he is either exceptionally naive, or a incredible scum bag! The thing that is off to me is why would the captain of ND football team, decent looking, future NFL player have to go online to find a chick. Something smells off here! I mean this dude is incredibly popular especially there! He could get girls whenever I am sure.
Re: Manti Te'o GF a hoax?
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:34 pm
by brich75
Ps would love to hear the banter next year with him as a rookie in NFL locker room.
Re: Manti Te'o GF a hoax?
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:34 pm
by thegb2001
Duck24 wrote:So then what about them meeting outside of the stadium after the Stanford game is 2008? Dude just needs to come clean and call it for what it is....a publicity stunt. Don't play victim or anything like that. Just admit it.
haha exactly. to many lies to try to snake out of this one. so you met her at stanford as a student and thats where it started, but you just said you met online, so if you met her, how are her facebook and twitter pics from some different woman........ and what about where your parents say she came to hawaii from time to time....... u already appear to be a dirtbag, stop lieing and admit it. some teams really draft people according to character.
Re: Manti Te'o GF a hoax?
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:44 pm
by DAT#6
brich75 wrote:Well he is either exceptionally naive, or a incredible scum bag! The thing that is off to me is why would the captain of ND football team, decent looking, future NFL player have to go online to find a chick. Something smells off here! I mean this dude is incredibly popular especially there! He could get girls whenever I am sure.
His apology is rather Lancesk at best.
Re: Manti Te'o GF a hoax?
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:48 pm
by Elduderino
Duck24 wrote:Oh man. Oh man...dude has some serious explaining to do. The ND response is almost as bad as the whole situation that led up to this. Ugh, I feel dirty for defending this guy earlier in the year as a great player/person, guy I would want on my team. There is absolutely no way that this was a hoax that he didn't know about.
I'm right there with you. At the very best, this guy was spinning tales to bumpo publicity. At the worst....
Re: Manti Te'o GF a hoax?
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:52 pm
by 303DucksFan
Didn't he talk about the lost of his girlfriend in his Heisman speech?
Re: Manti Te'o GF a hoax?
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:57 pm
by fpsduck
This is one of the craziest sports stories I can recall.
It just keeps getting better and better. Thank you deadspin.
Re: Manti Te'o GF a hoax?
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:01 pm
by UOducksTK1
Reminds me of that MTV show, catfish, weird!
Manti Te'o GF a hoax?
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:11 pm
by Duck24
Those NFL interviews are going to be brutal for him. This story just gets more weird with every tweet pointing out other inaccuracies/fallacies with his and ND's statements. I mean, there is a mountain of evidence that he is full of crap and just trying to play victim to get out of answering the questions and save face. Nothing about the ND and Te'o statements adds up...literally nothing.
Wonder if he ends up in rehab for being a pathological liar as a result of this? Seems par for the course when it comes to high profile scandals. I mean, if Tiger can go to rehab because he likes to bang porn stars and waitresses from Waffle House, surely Manti can go for being a liar. I can't wait for the 5PM press conference with the AD.
Re: Manti Te'o GF a hoax?
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:14 pm
by karlhungis
I'm betting he is gay and used a fake girlfriend as cover. A Mormon football player at a catholic school couldn't exactly just come out of the closet. If he didn't have a girlfriend, people would start to ask questions, so he has someone help him to make a fake one. Then I would imagine that the lies just spun out if control..... Makes a hell of a lot more sense than the statement that he put out.
Re: Manti Te'o GF a hoax?
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:22 pm
by chapelhillduck
Re: Manti Te'o GF a hoax?
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:26 pm
by fpsduck
karlhungis wrote:I'm betting he is gay and used a fake girlfriend as cover. A Mormon football player at a catholic school couldn't exactly just come out of the closet. If he didn't have a girlfriend, people would start to ask questions, so he has someone help him to make a fake one. Then I would imagine that the lies just spun out if control..... Makes a hell of a lot more sense than the statement that he put out.
Manti Gay'o
Re: Manti Te'o GF a hoax?
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:48 pm
by Braveheart
Manti, his immediate family, and ND are complete jokes. Can't believe I felt sorry for dude, but I guess I still do for a different reason now.