Page 2 of 2

Re: Siaki Ika announces top 5, commitment date

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:55 am
by maxduck
No doubt they would take him but the competition for playing time could be a factor.

Re: Siaki Ika announces top 5, commitment date

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:56 am
by GoDucksTroll
Gotta go all in on Sopsher. Help his family find jobs in Eugene, whatever it takes. There's not a lot left out there, and we really need a DT/NT.

I don't know what happened with Jaquaze Sorrells and why the staff stopped pursuing.

I liked Matthew Pola-Mao, a space eater out of Arizona, but it looks like the staff never went after him and he's heading to Arizona State.

Re: Siaki Ika announces top 5, commitment date

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:05 am
by StevensTechU
"Help his family find jobs in Eugene, whatever it takes."

Hell of a precedent.

Re: Siaki Ika announces top 5, commitment date

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:10 am
by greenyellow
GoDucksTroll wrote:Gotta go all in on Sopsher. Help his family find jobs in Eugene, whatever it takes. There's not a lot left out there, and we really need a DT/NT.

I don't know what happened with Jaquaze Sorrells and why the staff stopped pursuing.

I liked Matthew Pola-Mao, a space eater out of Arizona, but it looks like the staff never went after him and he's heading to Arizona State.
Pola-Mao isn't signing until February so Oregon may go after him if they feel like potentially getting a NT this class. If Oregon needs another DB, I wonder if they maybe go after his cousin Noa Pola-Gates, who opted not to sign with Alabama today and is reopening his recruitment, with ASU, USC, and Nebraska being his top schools now.

Re: Siaki Ika announces top 5, commitment date

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:30 am
by GoDucksTroll
StevensTechU wrote:"Help his family find jobs in Eugene, whatever it takes."

Hell of a precedent.
As far as getting jobs... USC does it, Alabama does it, Michigan does it, Tennessee does it. Some of them are plain shameless. Michigan hired the dad of a Florida LB to be their director of HS relations. Tennessee hired the older sister of a 5-star OT for a role in the athletic department.

Re: Siaki Ika announces top 5, commitment date

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:38 am
by Duckenstein
GoDucksTroll wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:"Help his family find jobs in Eugene, whatever it takes."

Hell of a precedent.
As far as getting jobs... USC does it, Alabama does it, Michigan does it, Tennessee does it. Some of them are plain shameless. Michigan hired the dad of a Florida LB to be their director of HS relations. Tennessee hired the older sister of a 5-star OT for a role in the athletic department.
That's how bama got Tua I believe

Re: Siaki Ika announces top 5, commitment date

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:39 am
by Duckenstein
Sopsher isn't coming to Oregon

He's from redneck country and his family has never been on an airplane until their Oregon visit

Re: Siaki Ika announces top 5, commitment date

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:39 am
by Duck24
Duckenstein wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:"Help his family find jobs in Eugene, whatever it takes."

Hell of a precedent.
As far as getting jobs... USC does it, Alabama does it, Michigan does it, Tennessee does it. Some of them are plain shameless. Michigan hired the dad of a Florida LB to be their director of HS relations. Tennessee hired the older sister of a 5-star OT for a role in the athletic department.
That's how bama got Tua I believe
Besides that whole Oregon passing on him thing.

Re: Siaki Ika announces top 5, commitment date

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:39 am
by Duckenstein
Duck24 wrote:
Duckenstein wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:"Help his family find jobs in Eugene, whatever it takes."

Hell of a precedent.
As far as getting jobs... USC does it, Alabama does it, Michigan does it, Tennessee does it. Some of them are plain shameless. Michigan hired the dad of a Florida LB to be their director of HS relations. Tennessee hired the older sister of a 5-star OT for a role in the athletic department.
That's how bama got Tua I believe
Besides that whole Oregon passing on him thing.
I'm not defending MH lol

Re: Siaki Ika announces top 5, commitment date

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:44 am
by GoDucksTroll
greenyellow wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:Gotta go all in on Sopsher. Help his family find jobs in Eugene, whatever it takes. There's not a lot left out there, and we really need a DT/NT.

I don't know what happened with Jaquaze Sorrells and why the staff stopped pursuing.

I liked Matthew Pola-Mao, a space eater out of Arizona, but it looks like the staff never went after him and he's heading to Arizona State.
Pola-Mao isn't signing until February so Oregon may go after him if they feel like potentially getting a NT this class. If Oregon needs another DB, I wonder if they maybe go after his cousin Noa Pola-Gates, who opted not to sign with Alabama today and is reopening his recruitment, with ASU, USC, and Nebraska being his top schools now.
I wondered why it seemed like we never went after Noa Pola-Gates either. Possibly because we had both Criddell and Blades in the fold. I thought he was going to Alabama, but he might have been given the "we're full" treatment. It seems like even if get Mosley later today we're going to have a few open spots, might as well try for top remaining prospects.

Re: Siaki Ika announces top 5, commitment date

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:03 pm
by Duckenstein
GoDucksTroll wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:Gotta go all in on Sopsher. Help his family find jobs in Eugene, whatever it takes. There's not a lot left out there, and we really need a DT/NT.

I don't know what happened with Jaquaze Sorrells and why the staff stopped pursuing.

I liked Matthew Pola-Mao, a space eater out of Arizona, but it looks like the staff never went after him and he's heading to Arizona State.
Pola-Mao isn't signing until February so Oregon may go after him if they feel like potentially getting a NT this class. If Oregon needs another DB, I wonder if they maybe go after his cousin Noa Pola-Gates, who opted not to sign with Alabama today and is reopening his recruitment, with ASU, USC, and Nebraska being his top schools now.
I wondered why it seemed like we never went after Noa Pola-Gates either. Possibly because we had both Criddell and Blades in the fold. I thought he was going to Alabama, but he might have been given the "we're full" treatment. It seems like even if get Mosley later today we're going to have a few open spots, might as well try for top remaining prospects.
Apparently pola gates had a significant injury

Re: Siaki Ika announces top 5, commitment date

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:14 pm
by greenyellow
I think it was a numbers thing with Pola-Gates. Once they got Wright, Blades, Bridges, and Criddell, the coaches likely weren't thinking they needed anymore DBs. With Blades and Criddell gone now, they are going to go after some replacements. Mosely is definitely one they want at S but not sure who they get at CB.

Re: Siaki Ika announces top 5 (commits to LSU)

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:18 pm
by Duckenstein
greenyellow wrote:I think it was a numbers thing with Pola-Gates. Once they got Wright, Blades, Bridges, and Criddell, the coaches likely weren't thinking they needed anymore DBs. With Blades and Criddell gone now, they are going to go after some replacements. Mosely is definitely one they want at S but not sure who they get at CB.
SC and Bama dropped him too though