Chris Steele is not a done deal
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
droop10
- Freshman
- Posts: 1415
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:07 am
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
If both Steele and McCoy suddenly decide to transfer to USC, I would have to think something shady is going on. What a strange saga that would be.
-
buckmarkduck
- All-American
- Posts: 11010
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
- Contact:
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
jimmy12 wrote:To be fair, I told you guys about Devon Williams going there and you said nope... Jhop said not so.
I am just relaying that I've been told.
Devin William's didn't decide until his commitment that he would go to SC. He has said that. And so did the guy who made his commitment video.
If your hearing stuff about Steele from a source inside UO, great tell us. I
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
Not true amigo. Committed and then backed out.
-
woundedknees
- All-American
- Posts: 12821
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
Loopholes and cans of worms... If this stuff gets approved, it's gonna be a cluster for sure.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!


-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
I think transfer portal could create super teams
-
karlhungis
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7990
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
Are we just pretending that Alabama, Georgia and Clemson don't exist?jimmy12 wrote:I think transfer portal could create super teams
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
His Twitter is all Ducks FYI
-
woundedknees
- All-American
- Posts: 12821
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
HushHushSuperSecret Info...
McCoy aint comin'!
Yeah, right, like I know anything!
McCoy aint comin'!
Yeah, right, like I know anything!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!


- Alan
- Senior
- Posts: 4359
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:17 pm
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
So Is why I pay zero attention to recruiting! They are committed when ink hits paper! The rest is them searching for their 15 minutes of fame....... and relighting those flames, over and over again.
-
droop10
- Freshman
- Posts: 1415
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:07 am
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
The ink has hit the paper, so I guess that's too early to pay attention as well.Alan wrote:So Is why I pay zero attention to recruiting! They are committed when ink hits paper! The rest is them searching for their 15 minutes of fame....... and relighting those flames, over and over again.
-
rsbgduck
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 672
- Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:42 am
- Location: Roseburg, OR
- Contact:
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
Is there a way to find out if the University has started his waiver paperwork. That would clear any rumors up wouldn’t it?
-
buckmarkduck
- All-American
- Posts: 11010
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
- Contact:
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
The mod spreading this rumor, is indicating it wasn't about Steele, but about Bru McCoy.
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
Steele is done, Oregon. Financial aid agreement signed - it would be a gut punch if that didn't happen.
McCoy - USC or Oregon. I saw this rumor last week and thought it was crazy since he's an actual student at UT Austin, but don't be surprised if it's not USC. Solid chance it's us. Get ready for tampering rumors if it is us.
McCoy - USC or Oregon. I saw this rumor last week and thought it was crazy since he's an actual student at UT Austin, but don't be surprised if it's not USC. Solid chance it's us. Get ready for tampering rumors if it is us.
-
woundedknees
- All-American
- Posts: 12821
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
Especially since both UT and USC mods are acting as if everyone would be shocked if it wasn't USC.GoDucksTroll wrote:Steele is done, Oregon. Financial aid agreement signed - it would be a gut punch if that didn't happen.
McCoy - USC or Oregon. I saw this rumor last week and thought it was crazy since he's an actual student at UT Austin, but don't be surprised if it's not USC. Solid chance it's us. Get ready for tampering rumors if it is us.
One has to wonder, if his name isn't already in the portal, wouldn't that raise eyebrows concerning possible tampering by USC?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!


- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
No idea, I have to assume that with the new transfer rules - and everyone hiring the same attorney - that all the i's are being dotted. Besides, tampering is a wrist slap unless it is something blatantly against the rules.woundedknees wrote:Especially since both UT and USC mods are acting as if everyone would be shocked if it wasn't USC.GoDucksTroll wrote:Steele is done, Oregon. Financial aid agreement signed - it would be a gut punch if that didn't happen.
McCoy - USC or Oregon. I saw this rumor last week and thought it was crazy since he's an actual student at UT Austin, but don't be surprised if it's not USC. Solid chance it's us. Get ready for tampering rumors if it is us.
One has to wonder, if his name isn't already in the portal, wouldn't that raise eyebrows concerning possible tampering by USC?
The McCoy to Oregon thing started before Bru went to more than two weeks of classes, so it seems like the kid has wanted to go back to the West Coast for a while. If he does wind up at USC I would be surprised after the reaction of the current USC roster. It would just be begging for a locker room cancer, but Helton is desperate.