Page 2 of 7
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:29 am
by droop10
If both Steele and McCoy suddenly decide to transfer to USC, I would have to think something shady is going on. What a strange saga that would be.
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:47 am
by buckmarkduck
jimmy12 wrote:To be fair, I told you guys about Devon Williams going there and you said nope... Jhop said not so.
I am just relaying that I've been told.
Devin William's didn't decide until his commitment that he would go to SC. He has said that. And so did the guy who made his commitment video.
If your hearing stuff about Steele from a source inside UO, great tell us. I
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:50 am
by jimmy12
Not true amigo. Committed and then backed out.
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:15 am
by woundedknees
Loopholes and cans of worms... If this stuff gets approved, it's gonna be a cluster for sure.
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:23 am
by jimmy12
I think transfer portal could create super teams
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:23 am
by karlhungis
jimmy12 wrote:I think transfer portal could create super teams
Are we just pretending that Alabama, Georgia and Clemson don't exist?
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:51 am
by lukeyrid13
His Twitter is all Ducks FYI
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:56 am
by woundedknees
HushHushSuperSecret Info...
McCoy aint comin'!
Yeah, right, like I know anything!
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:30 pm
by Alan
So Is why I pay zero attention to recruiting! They are committed when ink hits paper! The rest is them searching for their 15 minutes of fame....... and relighting those flames, over and over again.
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:57 pm
by droop10
Alan wrote:So Is why I pay zero attention to recruiting! They are committed when ink hits paper! The rest is them searching for their 15 minutes of fame....... and relighting those flames, over and over again.
The ink has hit the paper, so I guess that's too early to pay attention as well.
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 2:01 pm
by rsbgduck
Is there a way to find out if the University has started his waiver paperwork. That would clear any rumors up wouldn’t it?
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 2:31 pm
by buckmarkduck
The mod spreading this rumor, is indicating it wasn't about Steele, but about Bru McCoy.
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:52 pm
by GoDucksTroll
Steele is done, Oregon. Financial aid agreement signed - it would be a gut punch if that didn't happen.
McCoy - USC or Oregon. I saw this rumor last week and thought it was crazy since he's an actual student at UT Austin, but don't be surprised if it's not USC. Solid chance it's us. Get ready for tampering rumors if it is us.
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 5:13 pm
by woundedknees
GoDucksTroll wrote:Steele is done, Oregon. Financial aid agreement signed - it would be a gut punch if that didn't happen.
McCoy - USC or Oregon. I saw this rumor last week and thought it was crazy since he's an actual student at UT Austin, but don't be surprised if it's not USC. Solid chance it's us. Get ready for tampering rumors if it is us.
Especially since both UT and USC mods are acting as if everyone would be shocked if it wasn't USC.
One has to wonder, if his name isn't already in the portal, wouldn't that raise eyebrows concerning possible tampering by
USC?
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 5:39 pm
by GoDucksTroll
woundedknees wrote:GoDucksTroll wrote:Steele is done, Oregon. Financial aid agreement signed - it would be a gut punch if that didn't happen.
McCoy - USC or Oregon. I saw this rumor last week and thought it was crazy since he's an actual student at UT Austin, but don't be surprised if it's not USC. Solid chance it's us. Get ready for tampering rumors if it is us.
Especially since both UT and USC mods are acting as if everyone would be shocked if it wasn't USC.
One has to wonder, if his name isn't already in the portal, wouldn't that raise eyebrows concerning possible tampering by
USC?
No idea, I have to assume that with the new transfer rules - and everyone hiring the same attorney - that all the i's are being dotted. Besides, tampering is a wrist slap unless it is something blatantly against the rules.
The McCoy to Oregon thing started before Bru went to more than two weeks of classes, so it seems like the kid has wanted to go back to the West Coast for a while. If he does wind up at USC I would be surprised after the reaction of the current USC roster. It would just be begging for a locker room cancer, but Helton is desperate.