A+ post. Take the rest of the day off and grab a dollar from the till on your way out.StevensTechU wrote:Lets have him room with Johnny Johnson then.Phalanx wrote:This is my question. If we miss out on someone good because of this, that would be a bummer. Williams is rumored to have hands of stone.duckfan22 wrote:
i also wondar what the current committed not signed receivers think about this. Will we lose one ?
Quaaaaack!Devon Williams!
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
GrandpaDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 3304
- Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:48 pm
Re: Quaaaaack!Devon Williams!
- Phenom
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 9914
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am
Re: Quaaaaack!Devon Williams!
Oregon would bring in Badger as an athlete. He could play both ways.
I do think we lose at least 2 WRs after this year (besides the seniors)
I do think we lose at least 2 WRs after this year (besides the seniors)
-
thomas time
- Senior
- Posts: 4692
- Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am
Re: Quaaaaack!Devon Williams!
crocker and tucker i guessing
- nogerO
- Senior
- Posts: 4516
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:48 pm
- Location: Wyoming
Re: Quaaaaack!Devon Williams!
I'm old enough to remember when OSewe beat us in the civil war for I think their 2nd win of the year and put out a VHS entitled "We own the State." NOT sorry at all. Those gomers belong in the mountain west or big sky...GoDucks7 wrote:Easily one of the saddest things ever for Oregon State. Didn't think we needed him. Not sure he will do much here. Kind of wanted him to go to OSU to be honest.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
-
Merganzer
- Senior
- Posts: 3656
- Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:42 am
Re: Quaaaaack!Devon Williams!
https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2 ... ntary.htmlnogerO wrote:I'm old enough to remember when OSewe beat us in the civil war for I think their 2nd win of the year and put out a VHS entitled "We own the State." NOT sorry at all. Those gomers belong in the mountain west or big sky...GoDucks7 wrote:Easily one of the saddest things ever for Oregon State. Didn't think we needed him. Not sure he will do much here. Kind of wanted him to go to OSU to be honest.
Andrew Nemec | The Oregonian/OregonLive
Oregon State fans will blame the kid, and I understand that. But Chris Steele did the same thing to Oregon, basically. No release, no roster addition, no celebration.
Kids change their minds all the time. It's why programs around the country are so hesitant to announce commitments. This feels like a wishy-washy kid, for sure, but I also think Oregon State opened itself up to embarrassing criticism, criticism that could've been avoided quite easily.
-
woundedknees
- All-American
- Posts: 12821
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm
Re: Quaaaaack!Devon Williams!
Every time a Beavitz fan says, "NIKE musta paid him", I find myself wondering, who is OS-ewe's biggest corporate football donor?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!


-
GoDucksIn09
- Senior
- Posts: 3086
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:15 am
Re: Quaaaaack!Devon Williams!
Noger, no disrespect intended, but a long time ago there was articles in the Seattle times saying that the coach of UW and some players felt that U of O and OSU did not belong in the Pac 10 at the time. One of the reasons among several others those old enough to remember it do not like the Huskies. I would never say anything about OSU that they don't belong because I remember how it felt to have a Husky coach and some players say that to the Seattle times.
Besides Oregon state still kicks Oregon's butt when it comes to baseball. They have won more national titles in baseball than Oregon has. They make it to super regionals almost every year.
I am always a duck fan and that will never change. People that know me in real life know I am a proud duck fan. I have had the honor of seeing Oregon go undefeated for the whole year, only to lose to Auburn in the championship. I never thought I would see that day.
I am not trying to irritate ya. Just saying wishing to exclude them from the conference is disrespectful to them. I am happy with beating OSU any time we can in any sport and ecstatic when we beat the huskies in any sport.
Besides Oregon state still kicks Oregon's butt when it comes to baseball. They have won more national titles in baseball than Oregon has. They make it to super regionals almost every year.
I am always a duck fan and that will never change. People that know me in real life know I am a proud duck fan. I have had the honor of seeing Oregon go undefeated for the whole year, only to lose to Auburn in the championship. I never thought I would see that day.
I am not trying to irritate ya. Just saying wishing to exclude them from the conference is disrespectful to them. I am happy with beating OSU any time we can in any sport and ecstatic when we beat the huskies in any sport.
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Quaaaaack!Devon Williams!
Crocker has been a major disappointment. Kid just got overrated, our coaches knew it - he was a desperation addition despite being a consensus four star. He was passed on the depth chart by Addison, Pittman, Delgado, Boise walk on transfer Collins, and JR Waters before he got hurt. Daewood Davis flopped back to WR and is ahead of him. Some kids are late bloomers, but it’s looking doubtful that Crocker will ever play a down for us.thomas time wrote:crocker and tucker i guessing
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Quaaaaack!Devon Williams!
Our desperation offers at WR seem to hit about as often as our non-desperation, come to think of it. Schooler, Tucker, JJIII, Crocker.GoDucksTroll wrote:Crocker has been a major disappointment. Kid just got overrated, our coaches knew it - he was a desperation addition despite being a consensus four star. He was passed on the depth chart by Addison, Pittman, Delgado, Boise walk on transfer Collins, and JR Waters before he got hurt. Daewood Davis flopped back to WR and is ahead of him. Some kids are late bloomers, but it’s looking doubtful that Crocker will ever play a down for us.thomas time wrote:crocker and tucker i guessing
-
thomas time
- Senior
- Posts: 4692
- Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am
Re: Quaaaaack!Devon Williams!
got one of those guys back that we missed out on in 18
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: Quaaaaack!Devon Williams!
Dont under estimate JR waters. He and pittman were the two that were positioning to play big minutes before he got hurt. The coaches LOVE him and his potentiallukeyrid13 wrote:I think Williams is at least equal to Addison who’s currently starting. I personally think he’s better but that’s just opinion and speculation. He was still talented enough to get some snaps even with the deep receiving core At usc. He was a must take if we had room IMO and has higher upside than badger and will be a bit more seasoned coming in.
We will likely have: Addison,Pittman, Williams, Wilson, Johnson and Redd as our core with still waters wildlife and Delgado behind them. Just like our lb unit from last year to this year, I think it goes from one of our weakest positions to one of our deepest in one year.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Quaaaaack!Devon Williams!
Looks like JJ Tucker will be transferring out so Oregon will essentially be replacing him with Devon Williams. Had things gone to plan in 2018, Williams would have come to Oregon straight out of HS and Tucker would have gone elsewhere since he only got a scholarship after the staff struck out on Williams and they needed another WR in that class.

- JIDuck97
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 993
- Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:42 am
Re: Quaaaaack!Devon Williams!
jimmy12 wrote:Dont under estimate JR waters. He and pittman were the two that were positioning to play big minutes before he got hurt. The coaches LOVE him and his potentiallukeyrid13 wrote:I think Williams is at least equal to Addison who’s currently starting. I personally think he’s better but that’s just opinion and speculation. He was still talented enough to get some snaps even with the deep receiving core At usc. He was a must take if we had room IMO and has higher upside than badger and will be a bit more seasoned coming in.
We will likely have: Addison,Pittman, Williams, Wilson, Johnson and Redd as our core with still waters wildlife and Delgado behind them. Just like our lb unit from last year to this year, I think it goes from one of our weakest positions to one of our deepest in one year.
Also do not sleep on Kris Hutson. I have never seen a three cone drill that wicked. The guy has speed to burn and runs clean routes/finds or makes separation and has good hands.
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Quaaaaack!Devon Williams!
Agreed. Schooler and JJIII have done more for this program than 4-stars like Malik Lovette, Alex Ofodile, Crocker, etc. I liked Jalen Brown, but he had other priorities I applaud him for. Got hurt at Northwestern in one of his first games, skipped his last two years of eligibility and finished his MBA. Back in Oregon working in Tech.StevensTechU wrote:Our desperation offers at WR seem to hit about as often as our non-desperation, come to think of it. Schooler, Tucker, JJIII, Crocker.GoDucksTroll wrote:Crocker has been a major disappointment. Kid just got overrated, our coaches knew it - he was a desperation addition despite being a consensus four star. He was passed on the depth chart by Addison, Pittman, Delgado, Boise walk on transfer Collins, and JR Waters before he got hurt. Daewood Davis flopped back to WR and is ahead of him. Some kids are late bloomers, but it’s looking doubtful that Crocker will ever play a down for us.thomas time wrote:crocker and tucker i guessing
Meanwhile Kirk Merritt, after getting booted from aTm for whipping his junk out is a good player for Arkansas State. Wallace, the 4-star big WR that was accused of sexual assault went to JuCo and is not at Prairie View A&M after a bunch of P-5 programs kicked the tires on him.
Conclusion: WR is a weird position to scout. You want the top end guys, but unless they’re extremely rare talents you wind up in a crapshoot between the 10th ranked guy and the 100th.
-
northbeachsf
- Freshman
- Posts: 1494
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:54 pm
Re: Quaaaaack!Devon Williams!
Devon Williams commits and JJ Tucker transfers. I guess he has a scholarship now.
I wonder if Tucker got the Ernie Kent “We have 12 receivers and you are No 12” speech.
I wonder if Tucker got the Ernie Kent “We have 12 receivers and you are No 12” speech.