Ducks Beat Beavs; On Two Game Winning Streak

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

briarduck
Senior

Re: Ducks Beat Beavs; On Two Game Winning Streak

Post by briarduck »

BTW way wounded what we need is Wilson and and very athletic tall PF...and the latter don't grow on trees. I like our chances with Wilson but we need a bigger post presence at PF...but we are set a center with Crittle and Dunigan so why bring in another?

Any one know any 6'9"-6"10" athletic freaks looking to play PF in PAC10? Let the coaches know ASAP!

GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I still think Oregon needs to recruit and get a top point guard. Porter graduates after next season(he isn't really a point guard anyway), I've never been impressed with Brown and Sim has a long way to go. Oregon has some shooters and inside players, but they don't really have someone that is quick and can take it to the basket as well as find the open man.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

It is pretty funny to see how we get two wins and a lot of people who were calling for Kent to be fired are now giving him another year. He is the same lousy coach that he was a few weeks ago.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

karlhungis wrote:It is pretty funny to see how we get two wins and a lot of people who were calling for Kent to be fired are now giving him another year. He is the same lousy coach that he was a few weeks ago.
No Kidding. The reason I say NIT bid & not NCAA bid for next next year is, I don't think we will get either. I think we will have a similar year to Malik, Maarty, & Bryces SO year. Right below .500.

Their first year here we had a much better year than this year & still didn't make it to post season play the next year. What makes you think that after a 2-14, probably 2-16, year Kent is gonna turn it around & get a bunch of "young, inexperienced" sophmores to the NCAA tourney? I'm predicting another excuse filled year & a below .500 record in Pac 10 play........
and Kent gets another year.
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

duckgrad99 wrote:I still think Oregon needs to recruit and get a top point guard. Porter graduates after next season(he isn't really a point guard anyway), I've never been impressed with Brown and Sim has a long way to go. Oregon has some shooters and inside players, but they don't really have someone that is quick and can take it to the basket as well as find the open man.
Oh I agree I would take a top PG any recruiting class, Jamil Wilson and add an athletic PF (Terrance Jones?) and we are looking great in the future!

My comment above was more relating to wounded posting about adding another center...

GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

briarduck wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:I still think Oregon needs to recruit and get a top point guard. Porter graduates after next season(he isn't really a point guard anyway), I've never been impressed with Brown and Sim has a long way to go. Oregon has some shooters and inside players, but they don't really have someone that is quick and can take it to the basket as well as find the open man.
Oh I agree I would take a top PG any recruiting class, Jamil Wilson and add an athletic PF (Terrance Jones?) and we are looking great in the future!

My comment above was more relating to wounded posting about adding another center...

GO DUCKS!!

Cool, and I agree! Another center/inside presence certainly wouldn't hurt. :D
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

From reading statements from PK (I think reported by Schroeder of the R-G) not long ago, it does sound like there's a better chance for real "accountability" among the different programs, and that what happened this year in men's basketball may not be tolerated after this year -- though I suppose if it happened after several consecutive Big Dance appearances, who knows . . .

I admit I'm kind of ambivalent on the whole Ernie situation. This year has been a big disappointment, no question, even though I figured the Ducks would struggle. But he took the Ducks to the NIT in his second year, to the NCAAs in just his third year, and they were there in his fifth (Elite Eight) and sixth years. That's a pretty good first six years in my estimation given the U of O's men's basketball history. Not so good since then except for two years ago, of course; and I think they were knocked out in the first round of the NCAAs in every other year but the two Elite Eights. It's a mixed bag. I do think he must begin to show much greater consistency in getting to the Big Dance beginning next year.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

As far as next year goes, you can bet that Oregon will schedule weaker non conference opponents. This was not a good year to face North Carolina, Texas, St Mary's, etc. Going 9-9 in conference will give you a good chance to get into the tournament if you take care of business with the non conference teams before division play.
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

You can't turn down an invitation to Maui though
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

duckgrad99 wrote:As far as next year goes, you can bet that Oregon will schedule weaker non conference opponents. This was not a good year to face North Carolina, Texas, St Mary's, etc. Going 9-9 in conference will give you a good chance to get into the tournament if you take care of business with the non conference teams before division play.
Ain't that the truth but the funny thing is we looked pretty good earlier in the season...

BTW you mentioned earlier about a top PG do you know if we are targeting anyone in particular in the 2010 class? I just had a look on Rivals and Scout and there doesn't seem to be anyone on the radar...

Thanks.

GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

briarduck wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:As far as next year goes, you can bet that Oregon will schedule weaker non conference opponents. This was not a good year to face North Carolina, Texas, St Mary's, etc. Going 9-9 in conference will give you a good chance to get into the tournament if you take care of business with the non conference teams before division play.
Ain't that the truth but the funny thing is we looked pretty good earlier in the season...

BTW you mentioned earlier about a top PG do you know if we are targeting anyone in particular in the 2010 class? I just had a look on Rivals and Scout and there doesn't seem to be anyone on the radar...

Thanks.

GO DUCKS!!

http://oregon.scout.com/a.z?s=128&p=8&c=1&nid=3951275

Looks like just that guy so far, but I wouldn't exactly call him a top point guard. Too bad we couldn't grab John Wall in this next class.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Humphrey was playing like a senior last night:

http://oregon.scout.com/2/843538.html

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

duckgrad99 wrote:
briarduck wrote:

Thanks.

GO DUCKS!!

http://oregon.scout.com/a.z?s=128&p=8&c=1&nid=3951275

Looks like just that guy so far, but I wouldn't exactly call him a top point guard. Too bad we couldn't grab John Wall in this next class.
Ya I saw him as well but I'd say Sim looks better than him right now. I'm sure there are a number of PGs that will pop-up soon enough!

John Wall would have been incredible but we all know he is not going to happen now!

GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Ya I saw him as well but I'd say Sim looks better than him right now. I'm sure there are a number of PGs that will pop-up soon enough!

John Wall would have been incredible but we all know he is not going to happen now!

GO DUCKS!![/quote]

On a related note, we probably could have had Brad Tinsley instead of Sim. I'm not ready to give up on Sim, but Tinsley has looked better for Vanderbilt. I think if Oregon wants to be successful next season and in the future, they have to get production out of their point guard. This year, they have basically gotten nothing.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Finally Matthew Hunphrey has come out of his shell.

I said so many good things before the seaon, and I thought he would be one of our best players this year... But playing time and incosistency at the beginning of the season held him back...

Finally he is turning out to be what I thought. After watching him play on an AAU team in Oregon, I was very impressed and he played like he did in that AAU tourney against OSU

Hump/Dunigan are the future, Crittle has been making some huge strides also..