Four Star Recruit

Ducks Beat Beavs; On Two Game Winning Streak

Post by Mops »

Thoughts?
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: Ducks Beat Beavs; On Two Game Winning Streak

Post by Tray Dub »

Kent's coming back, which I think is a good thing. I've been on the fence for a while and now I think he should get another shot. But anything worse than 6th next year and I want him gone.

Humphrey, LL, and TP are the leaders of our team. Crittle and Humphrey might turn into all-league players. They show that much potential.

Beavers suck. We ended their chance at a Rose Bowl and at the NIT. I mean seriously Beavs... You can't even beat us at Mac Court THIS year? Such a joke. And we're coming for you in baseball. Not this year, but soon. Sooner than you think.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Always nice to beat your rival, but other than that this win means nothing. We beat two teams from the bottom half of the pac-10 at home, which any school should do. Maybe we beat USC, but it still sucks to finish in last place with an awful season. With that being said, experience won't be an excuse next year. If everyone plays to their potential, we could be a tournament team. Porter, Longmire, Catron, Dunigan, Humphrey, Crittle, etc should equal success. If Kent is still around, I think Oregon needs to finish in the top of the conference and make the tourny with a good run. IMO, we cannot afford to enter the new arena with another disappointing season.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

If we don't finish in the top half of the Pac 10 next year, Kilkenny needs to seriously consider finding a new coach. we have way too much talent & never should've been in the spot we are this year. NIT bid, at the LEAST next year.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

There's still the Pac-10 Tournament to go, where almost anything can happen, and where the Ducks usually play well. Ernie's boys now know they can beat Pac-10 teams, including one that was almost at .500 in the league (hey, you take what you can get . . . ). Probably Ernie's mantra to his players now will be something like, "Just extend the season as long as you can. Every extra game you play together, the better you'll be next year." I actually think this game was really big for the Ducks. And it's just icing that we probably knocked OSU out of any post-season tourney.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Actually, now that I see your post, dthomas, I myself would not be so nice. I think the Ducks must return to the Big Dance next year, and need to make it at about the rate of at least 3 out of every 4 years. These chasms simply should not happen.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Greenblood wrote:Actually, now that I see your post, dthomas, I myself would not be so nice. I think the Ducks must return to the Big Dance next year, and need to make it at about the rate of at least 3 out of every 4 years. These chasms simply should not happen.

Agreed. An NIT bid would be unacceptable next year. Next year we will have seniors, juniors and sophomores with a lot of experience. Gotta have something to get excited about besides just the new arena. I know it would be a major turnaround from this season, but it can and should be done.
stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

I think the past two games has really shown this team coming together and not only trusting each other, but trusting the coaches. It's starting to get fun watching games again =)
GO DUCKS!
VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

Greenblood wrote:Actually, now that I see your post, dthomas, I myself would not be so nice. I think the Ducks must return to the Big Dance next year, and need to make it at about the rate of at least 3 out of every 4 years. These chasms simply should not happen.
Unfortunately, the Ducks will never be able to avoid downswings until they start taking steps to balance out the classes. Having six true freshmen playing that will all graduate in the same class in the future will just continue this cycle.
ducksin2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducksin2010 »

i may have cried today... shhhhhh
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Kent probably just saved his job with these last two games.

Honestly there's some good and bad to it.. I'd personally like to see him gone, but with a few strong recruiting classes, he can turn this around. Here's hoping to Jamil Wilson.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Want a project?

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p= ... id=3045712

6'10.5"/220 4* Center DaShonte Riley of Detroit County Day School, Beverly Hills Michigan. (Hey, what the heck, Oregon seems to have some in-roads to that area!)

His short list includes Cal, LSU, Marquette, Oregon, Syracuse, Virginia, and he has visited Georgetown, but has them listed as 'No Interest'.

Or how about this kid?

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p= ... id=3898065

6'10"/250 3* Center George Diaz, out of Colegio Bautista de Caguas (Caguas, Puerto Rico... Do the Ducks provide English as a Second Language opportunities?)

Or this one, from Henderson Nevada's Findlay Prep?

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p= ... id=3460198

6'10/250 2* Center Amadou Barro... Wingspan 7’3, standing reach 9’2

Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

jhopduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by jhopduck »

Nice job saving your job Kent. Which is fine with me, guy deserves a little slack for the success he has brought us over the years.
And really it shows improvement by a young team which is the most important thing to me.
Although Dunnigan has a long ways to go.
Humphrey's will be a player at Oregon before it's all said and done.
Twitter: @JHopkins541

Email: duckterritoryjustin@gmail.com
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

jhopduck wrote:Nice job saving your job Kent. Which is fine with me, guy deserves a little slack for the success he has brought us over the years.
Hi jhop, my issue with your statement is; the sucess he has brought us is a losing record in the Pac-10 over his whole career. I know about the Elite 8 and that was AWESOME. I also know the only games we won this year were the bottom of the barrel (actually we are that this year). I think we need a Few type of coach to get us close to the level of our football team on a consistant basis. Kent will not get us there (consistantly).

If our football coach got us to a BSC bowl game once and then racked up losing season after losing season, would that be good enough? I hardly think so, so why do we accepted with b-ball? Making the NCAA tourney is only a little more impressive than making it to any football bowl game. 65 teams make to the tourney. We would be livid if our football team didnt get into a bowl. A winning record in the Pac-10 will almost always get you in the NCAA tourney.
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

I'm happy as hell to finally get some victories but why did it take so long? This team has talent and I didn't expect them to win the majority of their games but this year has been pretty upsetting so seeing them finally coming together is great for NEXT year and some confidence entering the final couple games and the PAC10 tourney...can we win it all? Good grief that's a lot to ask for such a young team but I do like the fact that they seem to be gaining the confidence they once had!

As far as EK goes, did these last couple of victories save his job? I hope not but we all know the reality is PK has already ready said EKs job is safe...so he's here for now and lets just be glad he a top notch recruiter because who ever steps in next will have something good to work with!

GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!