Kent's Future At Oregon Will Be Known Soon

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

goducks75
Four Star Recruit

Re: Kent's Future At Oregon Will Be Known Soon

Post by goducks75 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Is it wrong that I'm really excited? I can't wait to see what a good coach can do with all this talent.
my only issue is that kent recruited these guys and i wonder if/when some of these guys will transfer. also, jamil wilson will likely undo his commitment to us if kent is canned.
TTownDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by TTownDuck »

There's absolutely no basis to say Jamil Wilson will likely renegade on his commitment. None of us have any idea what this kid is thinking.

As for not being able to recruit once Ernie Kent leaves... guh? There is also zero basis for that.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

If the decision was made a few days ago, when will it be announced? Poor Ernie is kind of hangin' in the wind.
janos
One Star Recruit

Post by janos »

It is expected that Kent will be let go.

So is this the line that indicates that EK is done? Ummm, I'm not buying it. All indication I have swirling about my ears (and it is remote, so don't bother asking! lol :D ), has coach back for remainder of his contract.

I guess we'll know soon?
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

janos wrote:It is expected that Kent will be let go.

So is this the line that indicates that EK is done? Ummm, I'm not buying it. All indication I have swirling about my ears (and it is remote, so don't bother asking! lol :D ), has coach back for remainder of his contract.

I guess we'll know soon?
Ya, I don't really buy into this Kent is gone talk. Seems like certain people are just speculating or maybe wishful thinking.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

It's been a few days. When should we know? Are they waiting for a certain coach to bow out of the tourney? Or is Kent not really going anywhere?
Mops
Four Star Recruit

Post by Mops »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:It's been a few days. When should we know? Are they waiting for a certain coach to bow out of the tourney? Or is Kent not really going anywhere?

I am double checking with our tipster right now. However, later in the day we also heard from a source that if Oregon can't get Few then Oregon will just keep Kent.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

That's very interesting. Few is very good. Very well respected.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Mops wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:It's been a few days. When should we know? Are they waiting for a certain coach to bow out of the tourney? Or is Kent not really going anywhere?

I am double checking with our tipster right now. However, later in the day we also heard from a source that if Oregon can't get Few then Oregon will just keep Kent.
Thanks for the update. Why are they wanting only Few though? You would think that if he didn't want to come we could still get someone just as high profile as, if not more than, Few.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

So they would give Kent another year if they cannot get Few and only Few? I disagree with that if it's true.
slyfoxx

Post by slyfoxx »

duckgrad99 wrote:So they would give Kent another year if they cannot get Few and only Few? I disagree with that if it's true.

Agree 100%, It appears many think that Few is the Man, but too be honest I think we could attract several quality coaches besides Few!
Boom
All Pac-12

Post by Boom »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
Mops wrote:

Thanks for the update. Why are they wanting only Few though? You would think that if he didn't want to come we could still get someone just as high profile as, if not more than, Few.
Very doubtful. Oregon is a second tier job in regards to basketball.
Boom
All Pac-12

Post by Boom »

Mops wrote:

It sounds like your sources are just trying to read in between the lines.

I really doubt PK would let something like this leak before they made a formal decision. The guy is to smart/calculated for that. Besides they have to request permission to speak to Mark Few and something like that would become public very quickly, since that hasn't happened yet it adds to my skepticism.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

If Gonzaga loses to North Carolina tommorow, then maybe we will get an update on Few this weekend. From Few's perspective, I don't think he can accomplish much more than he has already accomplished at Gonzaga. If he wants more of a challenge, I would have to think that Oregon would be a step up and a great fit for Few. The question is, will Oregon aim higher?
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Oregon didn't play that poorly against UNC... At least compared to their performance later in the season.

However, if Gonzaga beats them, it will definitely be a feather in his cap!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!