Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Mops
Four Star Recruit

Kent's Future At Oregon Will Be Known Soon

Post by Mops »

dthomas=ddixon

Re: Kent's Future At Oregon Will Be Known Soon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Is it wrong that I'm really excited? I can't wait to see what a good coach can do with all this talent.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Or do you mean how mediocre we can be with no talent again
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

pudgejeff wrote:Or do you mean how mediocre we can be with no talent again
Please explain yourself. Are you saying that with Kent going so will Kenny Payne? (the one who has gotten all the highly rated recruits) Or that the next coach won't be able to bring in talent? Do have a good reason for making a claim like that?

Kent's recruiting has been medriocre. We have a team full of 3*s & one 4*....yeah, we will never get that talent here again :roll:

The great "Team of the Century" had a losing record in conference play!! Malik, Maarty, Bryce & Aaron had ONE good year. All that talent & they were something like 33-39 in conference.
jhopduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by jhopduck »

thanks for all that you've done. disappointing season, but I understand this had to happen. NOW, go get Few or the VCU coach that is looking at Georgia right now. GO GO GO!!!
Twitter: @JHopkins541

Email: duckterritoryjustin@gmail.com
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

I'm not sure of Payne would be gone but i'm gonna guess yes...And as we all know Kent was the closer in the house with the moms which brought the kids here...you know like the one's that won't come here in football because of that

To say his recruiting is mediocre is so beyond ignorant it's not even funny...No we will not bring in those type of kids here...We've never had this type of talent at Oregon...Well at least since Ernie played here...I love how you talk trash about how he does so little with so much in one post and in the next say that he only has mediocre players.

If we can keep all the players here that are already here and coming in with getting a new coach I expect him to have a few good seasons with Ernie's players...But he won't replenish or add to it and with 3 years we will be mediocre and it won't be a we have good talent mediocre...We will actually have mediocre talent.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

pudgejeff wrote:To say his recruiting is mediocre is so beyond ignorant it's not even funny...No we will not bring in those type of kids here...We've never had this type of talent at Oregon...Well at least since Ernie played here...I love how you talk trash about how he does so little with so much in one post and in the next say that he only has mediocre players.
His recruiting is mediocre, in my mind because it's been so inconsistent. You get a team that has 3 4* & a 5* & they have a losing record in conference. Is that really good recruiting? Or bad talent evaluation? Then he follows that up with 3 classes of 2* & 3*s. On top of that we have this cycle of loading up on caesses so when they graduate, the next year we have a team full of freshman & no returning players. Another sign to me that he does a terrible job of recruiting.

If you judge recruiting based only on how many stars we get then you could say Kent was a good recruiter & "we will never have that kind of talent ever again". There is so much more that factors into recruit though. Like DEVELOPING the talent once it gets here. Something Kent never did.
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

Really?...He didn't develop AD, or big Chris, or Freddie, Luke and Luke, Aaron, Malik or Maarty or Bryce...There's plenty more, How about Andre Joseph, Anthony Norwood/Lever, James Davis, Alex Scales, Brandon Lincoln...All of those players got better and better, some well beyond what any of us thought they could become...He put some in the 1st round of the draft and others made NBA teams...You're expecting a National Championship...It doesn't just happen...Ben Howland is this amazing coach and he's at UCLA so he can get who he wants and does, getting amazing classes year after year and sending them to the NBA...Yet ZERO national championships...And I'm not saying we're UCLA cause we're not so don't say Howland's done this or that cause he's at UCLA I'm just saying with all that he has he still hasn't won a National Championship.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Wow. Mops, if you guys have gotten this right, you're about to get a huge respect boost around Eugene. The fact that you guys have called this AND the MB resign is really, really impressive. Props.

Sorry to hear this. I thought he should probably have gotten another year. Either way, thanks coach for what you've accomplished as a player and as a coach.
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

And I will agree with you that after that first big class he didn't do a good job of adding a good player in each class after that to make the team great and I've said that many times...But he has so far this time adding to 3 star kids and the #5 SF in the country...Do that next year and this team is going to be a team to be reckoned with when these freshman are Junior's and Senior's especially if we're able to add that one impact freshman for there senior year like it seems every great team has...And I think we have legitimate shots at deep tourney runs and National Championships.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Also, I'd just like to point out that the inexperience argument is much more valid than most give credit for. If you watch the NCAA tournament, very few teams left are starting more than two freshmen. We should've done better, but we were in for a down year. I was expecting five wins, we got two. But whatever, time to get excited about a new era I guess.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

jhopduck wrote:thanks for all that you've done. disappointing season, but I understand this had to happen. NOW, go get Few or the VCU coach that is looking at Georgia right now. GO GO GO!!!
few would never come to oregon to coach,he has a great bball school now and is established there..
jhopduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by jhopduck »

Hope Wilson, Singler and crew have their LOI's in before Kent gets the chop.
Twitter: @JHopkins541

Email: duckterritoryjustin@gmail.com
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

Anyone on the team can get a full release if they want it when the coach gets fired...I don't think it's mandatory but pretty much every school in the country does it.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Image "He's outa here!", are some of the most anticipated words some Duck fans wait to hear...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!