Page 3 of 4

Re: Manti Te'o GF a hoax?

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:47 pm
by Braveheart
Image

Re: Manti Te'o GF a hoax?

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:13 pm
by thegb2001
now hearing the nd press conference even makes me more disgusted, just mis information, not answering questions, and more lies. like why if they knew about the hoax why wouldnt they not want the story to be run pre natty? he says oh we didnt know where or when it was on and werent aware of it. why weeks later have you not told this story yet, oh we were letting manti decide when, in fact we had a press conference next week but we just got beat by this deadspin article. shucks cause we totally were. one asked why they wouldnt ask authorities to pursue this, he said that was up to manti and he didnt want to pursue it further, wonder why not.

Manti Te'o GF a hoax?

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:29 pm
by Duck24

Re: Manti Te'o GF a hoax?

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:59 pm
by Duck07
Guys I don't know how to break this but I've been Manti-Dating Amanda Pflugrad and Katelynn Johnson for over 2 years now.

Re: Manti Te'o GF a hoax?

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:26 pm
by UOducksTK1
Duck24 wrote:I've found my new favorite shirt.

http://barstool.market-safe.com/index.p ... riend.html
lol!

Manti Te'o GF a hoax?

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:49 pm
by chapelhillduck
That shirt is brilliant

Re: Manti Te'o GF a hoax?

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:00 am
by FlDuckFan
After watching the ND conference, I have to say that this is the greatest publicity stunt MTV has ever done. Now I am a fan of Teen Mom 2 and have seen the clips of Catfish but have never caught an episode, but am sure to catch it Monday. Well played MTV you really got me good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Re: Manti Te'o GF a hoax?

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:23 am
by Bud Lee
This keeps getting stranger...apparently someone is claiming to actually have meet her.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/01/a ... nnay-kekua

The only thing that has me thinking that he might actually just be the naive Mormon victim here is that Notre Dame would of thrown his ass under the bus if they didn't think it was a hoax in a heartbeat.

All of this is just so bizarre and the lawyer in me says lets hear all the evidence first, but really? I don't understand how nowadays with Skype and facetime this could be done without him knowing. I can see how storys could of been made up and he just let them go, like how they meet, but it is just so unbelievable

Re: Manti Te'o GF a hoax?

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:06 am
by Duck24
Bud Lee wrote:This keeps getting stranger...apparently someone is claiming to actually have meet her.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/01/a ... nnay-kekua

The only thing that has me thinking that he might actually just be the naive Mormon victim here is that Notre Dame would of thrown his ass under the bus if they didn't think it was a hoax in a heartbeat.

All of this is just so bizarre and the lawyer in me says lets hear all the evidence first, but really? I don't understand how nowadays with Skype and facetime this could be done without him knowing. I can see how storys could of been made up and he just let them go, like how they meet, but it is just so unbelievable
12-18 hours later and still nothing makes sense. Now there are tweets from people who are supposedly complicit/knew of the hoax and mocking Manti about it before this became public, which lend credence to what Manti and ND are saying. Truthfully, I am still skeptical because it seems all too convenient for it all to be one big hoax.

Re: Manti Te'o GF a hoax?

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:52 am
by maxduck
In theory we will learn more today at noon Pacific time. Should be entertaining at the least.

Then later Wednesday night came a tweet from @LennayKay -- a Twitter handle that once was associated with Kekua.
"It isn't fair to drag Reagan and Troy into this.. a lot of truths and myths need to be addressed here, and they will be at noon PST tomorrow," the tweet said.


http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/17/sport/man ... ?hpt=hp_c1

Re: Manti Te'o GF a hoax?

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:22 am
by USUaggieDuck
Bud Lee wrote:This keeps getting stranger...apparently someone is claiming to actually have meet her.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/01/a ... nnay-kekua

The only thing that has me thinking that he might actually just be the naive Mormon victim here is that Notre Dame would of thrown his ass under the bus if they didn't think it was a hoax in a heartbeat.

All of this is just so bizarre and the lawyer in me says lets hear all the evidence first, but really? I don't understand how nowadays with Skype and facetime this could be done without him knowing. I can see how storys could of been made up and he just let them go, like how they meet, but it is just so unbelievable
I have personal experience with this. Friends in college fell for it all the time. They say my webcam is broken or i have a desktop and my parents are controlling and won't let me get a webcam or my Internet is too slow. Guys, especially, eat it up and are ignorant to the giant red flags because they want to believe this pretty girl is really into them.

Posted from my Android

Re: Manti Te'o GF a hoax?

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:01 am
by brich75
USUaggieDuck wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:This keeps getting stranger...apparently someone is claiming to actually have meet her.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/01/a ... nnay-kekua

The only thing that has me thinking that he might actually just be the naive Mormon victim here is that Notre Dame would of thrown his ass under the bus if they didn't think it was a hoax in a heartbeat.

All of this is just so bizarre and the lawyer in me says lets hear all the evidence first, but really? I don't understand how nowadays with Skype and facetime this could be done without him knowing. I can see how storys could of been made up and he just let them go, like how they meet, but it is just so unbelievable
I have personal experience with this. Friends in college fell for it all the time. They say my webcam is broken or i have a desktop and my parents are controlling and won't let me get a webcam or my Internet is too slow. Guys, especially, eat it up and are ignorant to the giant red flags because they want to believe this pretty girl is really into them.

Posted from my Android
I can buy fat or nerdy or fat and nerdy guys doing it, but I guarantee manti did not have trouble getting pretty girls!

Re: Manti Te'o GF a hoax?

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:13 am
by maxduck
Courtesy of Tigerdroppings

Image

Re: Manti Te'o GF a hoax?

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:31 am
by brich75
I can't help but to laugh listening to all the sport shows. I think they are forgetting that there is nothing criminal going on here. Worst case Teo is a liar but he didn't break the law. Just sayin!!

Re: Manti Te'o GF a hoax?

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:09 pm
by karlhungis
USUaggieDuck wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:This keeps getting stranger...apparently someone is claiming to actually have meet her.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/01/a ... nnay-kekua

The only thing that has me thinking that he might actually just be the naive Mormon victim here is that Notre Dame would of thrown his ass under the bus if they didn't think it was a hoax in a heartbeat.

All of this is just so bizarre and the lawyer in me says lets hear all the evidence first, but really? I don't understand how nowadays with Skype and facetime this could be done without him knowing. I can see how storys could of been made up and he just let them go, like how they meet, but it is just so unbelievable
I have personal experience with this. Friends in college fell for it all the time. They say my webcam is broken or i have a desktop and my parents are controlling and won't let me get a webcam or my Internet is too slow. Guys, especially, eat it up and are ignorant to the giant red flags because they want to believe this pretty girl is really into them.

Posted from my Android

For 3 years? Did they also go meet the girl in Hawaii? Did they also meet after a longing gaze following a football game?