QUACK! Kayvon Thibodeaux commits
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
GoDucksIn09
- Senior
- Posts: 3086
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:15 am
Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info
I said even after the Washington game thought he would end up at Alabama. I have seen top recruits say how they love Oregon etc etc but they end up elsewhere. No shock here. No stretch either.
- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info
I know nothing, but I felt really good about KT until about a week ago and now feel like we are gonna finish second. Just a hunch but I don’t have my hopes up anymore.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39222
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info
It seems the only recruit Oregon has won a head-to-head recruiting battle with Alabama for is Sewell.

-
AshlandDuck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 305
- Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:51 am
Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info
Prukop baby!greenyellow wrote:It seems the only recruit Oregon has won a head-to-head recruiting battle with Alabama for is Sewell.
- Duckenstein
- Freshman
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:43 pm
Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info
Could still win ika
greenyellow wrote:It seems the only recruit Oregon has won a head-to-head recruiting battle with Alabama for is Sewell.
- duckduckgoose
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1117
- Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:45 pm
Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info
What do we get for finishing second?lukeyrid13 wrote:I know nothing, but I felt really good about KT until about a week ago and now feel like we are gonna finish second. Just a hunch but I don’t have my hopes up anymore.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info
The opportunity to talk about the ‘“what if’s” to go along with: budda, juju, Pryor, Devon Williams, hufanga, Keenan Allen and many others.duckduckgoose wrote:What do we get for finishing second?lukeyrid13 wrote:I know nothing, but I felt really good about KT until about a week ago and now feel like we are gonna finish second. Just a hunch but I don’t have my hopes up anymore.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- Duck07
- All-American
- Posts: 17123
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
- Location: Parts Unknown
Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info
We might be able to form a 2-deep of guys who chose SC over us.lukeyrid13 wrote:The opportunity to talk about the ‘“what if’s” to go along with: budda, juju, Pryor, Devon Williams, hufanga, Keenan Allen and many others.

- DuckMastaFunk
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:07 pm
Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info
Also Prukop.Duckenstein wrote:Could still win ikagreenyellow wrote:It seems the only recruit Oregon has won a head-to-head recruiting battle with Alabama for is Sewell.
- nogerO
- Senior
- Posts: 4516
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:48 pm
- Location: Wyoming
Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info
duckduckgoose wrote:What do we get for finishing second?lukeyrid13 wrote:I know nothing, but I felt really good about KT until about a week ago and now feel like we are gonna finish second. Just a hunch but I don’t have my hopes up anymore.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A stupid participation trophy?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info
The prize for finishing second in the Thibodeaux sweepstakes is a JuCo DE no one has ever heard of.duckduckgoose wrote:What do we get for finishing second?lukeyrid13 wrote:I know nothing, but I felt really good about KT until about a week ago and now feel like we are gonna finish second. Just a hunch but I don’t have my hopes up anymore.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not a great consolation prize.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39222
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info
Oregon is also supposedly going to be in for both of them in the next week or so.

-
GrantDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 2629
- Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:05 pm
Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info
Missing on KT would suck, but there's still a long time until recruiting is all done and transfers are still on the table.
We really just lost out on the 2 linebackers and Cridell in terms of de-commits. Big Joe needs to start closing on D-lineman though. This is the 2nd year in a row he's whiffed pretty hard.
Also, don't knock these 2-3* kids and JuCo kids. If our staff really does its job, we might hit big on a couple of them.
We really just lost out on the 2 linebackers and Cridell in terms of de-commits. Big Joe needs to start closing on D-lineman though. This is the 2nd year in a row he's whiffed pretty hard.
Also, don't knock these 2-3* kids and JuCo kids. If our staff really does its job, we might hit big on a couple of them.
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info
Has he whiffed? I didnt realize the class was over.
-
Merganzer
- Senior
- Posts: 3656
- Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:42 am
Re: Thibodeaux announces top 4, commitment party info
https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/i ... ncart_2box
"And Cristobal and his staff still appear to be the favorites to land Thibodeaux, who would be the highest-rated pledge in program history."
"And Cristobal and his staff still appear to be the favorites to land Thibodeaux, who would be the highest-rated pledge in program history."