Page 3 of 7
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:20 pm
by GrantDuck
duckfan22 wrote:DuckMastaFunk wrote:GrantDuck wrote:Mario still no WR might have blown this one...we'll see. Maybe he was UW anyway.
Another possibility is Puka has already heard from us, knows the new WR coach and they've let him know it will be announced Monday.
It makes zero sense for him to delay signing on Wednesday then sign on Sunday with the exact same information he had Wednesday. I'm sure he's heard something from our coaches - something he likes or hates - but if he was indeed waiting for us, he's heard something.
I agree. I gotta think Mario has his coach. Just going through the motions to finalize.
Also absolutely possible.
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:51 pm
by GoDucksTroll
Anatinae wrote:GoDucksTroll wrote:The host said on Twitter that its 10:45 PM.
And they're in SLC, so 9:45 PM PST.
I realized that as soon as I posted, but even better. I get to see if we’re getting Puka before me Sunday bedtime.
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:58 pm
by thomas time
on dt there a headline about who Puka following on twitter, but I don't have the Vip. Does anybody know who he's following?
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:05 pm
by HomeSickDuck
thomas time wrote:on dt there a headline about who Puka following on twitter, but I don't have the Vip. Does anybody know who he's following?
Didn’t read it on DT, but a husky fan on twitter mentioned puka started following oregon commits.
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:05 pm
by greenyellow
I'm kind of wondering why he's announcing so late on a local news show instead on in the middle of the day when more people would be watching/paying attention. That makes me think he's either doing it so a only the people of Utah watch (meaning he's either going to Utah or BYU) or he's doing it to avoid backlash for picking an out-of-state school (UW, Oregon, or USC.)
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:27 pm
by HomeSickDuck
greenyellow wrote:I'm kind of wondering why he's announcing so late on a local news show instead on in the middle of the day when more people would be watching/paying attention. That makes me think he's either doing it so a only the people of Utah watch (meaning he's either going to Utah or BYU) or he's doing it to avoid backlash for picking an out-of-state school (UW, Oregon, or USC.)
Ruth (UW Ruth) posted on Twitter something about it being between UW and Utah. But who knows.
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:59 am
by rsbgduck
HomeSickDuck wrote:greenyellow wrote:I'm kind of wondering why he's announcing so late on a local news show instead on in the middle of the day when more people would be watching/paying attention. That makes me think he's either doing it so a only the people of Utah watch (meaning he's either going to Utah or BYU) or he's doing it to avoid backlash for picking an out-of-state school (UW, Oregon, or USC.)
Ruth (UW Ruth) posted on Twitter something about it being between UW and Utah. But who knows.
I did a little search, and read a few things she posted......UW Ruth=psychotic, like One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest kinda crazy wack job.JMHO
GO DUCKS!!!
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:55 am
by SuperDuck
greenyellow wrote:I'm kind of wondering why he's announcing so late on a local news show instead on in the middle of the day when more people would be watching/paying attention. That makes me think he's either doing it so a only the people of Utah watch (meaning he's either going to Utah or BYU) or he's doing it to avoid backlash for picking an out-of-state school (UW, Oregon, or USC.)
Or he's doing it to avoid conflicting with church time(s). THAT would cause a backlash in Utah regardless of what school he chooses.
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:09 am
by TyranT
Recent follows =Sean Dollars, Jonah T, Andrew Faoliu, Dallas Warmack, Jeff Eason. Also Oregon targets Juwan Johnson and Buckley-Shelton.
Jonah T’s mom had a positive tweet on Friday.
I’m feeling good about this whole thing really.
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:25 am
by StevensTechU
greenyellow wrote:I'm kind of wondering why he's announcing so late on a local news show instead on in the middle of the day when more people would be watching/paying attention. That makes me think he's either doing it so a only the people of Utah watch (meaning he's either going to Utah or BYU) or he's doing it to avoid backlash for picking an out-of-state school (UW, Oregon, or USC.)
No offense, but that sounded pretty conspiracy theory-y.
Perhaps it wasn’t his decision at all and he’s just taking the slot the TV station is offering.
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:28 am
by droop10
Word is mom wants him in Utah. We know how that's likely to end.
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:29 am
by HomeSickDuck
rsbgduck wrote:HomeSickDuck wrote:greenyellow wrote:I'm kind of wondering why he's announcing so late on a local news show instead on in the middle of the day when more people would be watching/paying attention. That makes me think he's either doing it so a only the people of Utah watch (meaning he's either going to Utah or BYU) or he's doing it to avoid backlash for picking an out-of-state school (UW, Oregon, or USC.)
Ruth (UW Ruth) posted on Twitter something about it being between UW and Utah. But who knows.
I did a little search, and read a few things she posted......UW Ruth=psychotic, like One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest kinda crazy wack job.JMHO
GO DUCKS!!!
I know she is. Just sharing what I read, but I don’t agree with it.
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:11 am
by greenyellow
Looking more like Oregon is out of it for Nacua, mainly due to not having a WR coach in place.
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:28 am
by RebelDuck
If true then let’s hope for Utah or USC and not Washington
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:41 am
by Tray Dub
It's a bummer but nailing the WR coach hire is more important than any single recruit. I trust Cristobal was moving at the timeline he considers best for the program, and if that cost us our shot at Nacua, so be it.