Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
TyranT
- One Star Recruit
- Posts: 89
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:06 pm
Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Removed “USC commit” from his twitter profile. Puka’s mom stated they’d like to announce and sign no later than Friday. Hopefully coach Cristobal has given the family his likely pick for his next WR coach. I’m keeping my fingers crossed. I apologize for not remembering where I read the statement from Puka’s mom. I’d like to give credit to the source.
-
karlhungis
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7990
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
I feel like this doesn't bode well for us.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
-
TyranT
- One Star Recruit
- Posts: 89
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:06 pm
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Yeah I hear ya. I can’t help but to feel optimistic that we have a shot. In Mario’s press conference he stated we were close to getting a WR coach. He didn’t devulge the specific names to the media, but maybe he was inclined to name drop to Puka’s family. If we make a home run hire we could sway the young man. The Sewell family I feel is our ace in the hole. My confidence is 60/40 ducks to fuskies.
- DuckMastaFunk
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:07 pm
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
I'm with TyranT. If there's one thing that I feel this recruiting cycle that I've never felt before, it is "the optimism is warranted".
-
TyranT
- One Star Recruit
- Posts: 89
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:06 pm
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
I remember in the Helfrich era being so frustrated with the slow play on recruits and the justification of being “selective.” Comparing the then and now I’d chaulk it up to being kinda lazy.
-
TualatinDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 2439
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:23 am
- Location: Tualatin
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Quack watch...........
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
- FlDuckFan
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5068
- Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:45 am
- GM: Orlando Magic GM
- Location: Florida
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Only source I could find saying this is
Am I missing something?
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Mmmm that looks like good news.FlDuckFan wrote:Only source I could find saying this is
Am I missing something?
-
TyranT
- One Star Recruit
- Posts: 89
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:06 pm
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Oh man! I’m hoping it means that folks will be changing their crystal ball predictions from the fuskies to the ducks.
-
TualatinDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 2439
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:23 am
- Location: Tualatin
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
FlDuckFan wrote:Only source I could find saying this is
Am I missing something?
That is one extremely dialed in source.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
- FlDuckFan
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5068
- Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:45 am
- GM: Orlando Magic GM
- Location: Florida
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
I would assume she is but she seems to be the only touting this info, just curious if she was the only sourceTualatinDuck wrote:FlDuckFan wrote:Only source I could find saying this is
Am I missing something?
That is one extremely dialed in source.
-
Duck24
- Senior
- Posts: 4744
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:36 am
- Location: Portland, OR
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
On ScoopDuck, a poster not named JHop is reporting we are close to hiring Dunn from Okie State. Wonder if one shoe drops, then the other?
- UofO8
- Senior
- Posts: 2538
- Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:41 pm
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
god, that would be a lights out hire. please let it be true.Duck24 wrote:On ScoopDuck, a poster not named JHop is reporting we are close to hiring Dunn from Okie State. Wonder if one shoe drops, then the other?

- Phalanx
- Senior
- Posts: 4990
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
Pulling away Nacua from USC would be nice revenge for Devon Williams last year.
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today
He's been checked out of USC for a while, looking like us versus Washington. Swiping him from Washington, a month after we offered, would be even sweeter. Washington didn't get much in the way of skill players this class, they could really use him. For us it's a luxury recruit.Phalanx wrote:Pulling away Nacua from USC would be nice revenge for Devon Williams last year.