Page 3 of 3
Re: 'Other Guys' Recruiting Thread
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:01 pm
by woundedknees
6'3"/255 WDE, but I hope that's an old picture... Skinny arms, to say the least. Looks like a decent frame, but dang, that kid looks like he needs some strength training!
Re: 'Other Guys' Recruiting Thread
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:04 pm
by punizhr02
GoDucksTroll wrote:
What a dumpster fire. They offered a much better in-state DT (Jacob Schuster, who is a 4* in 247's own rankings not the composite) but they offered him a gray shirt. The next week he got full ride offers from Stanford and Cal.
Instead they took a kid with no FBS offers. I'm loving this, Jimmy Lake is going to tank Washington way faster than I thought.
Tells me they might be nervous about Schuster and JTT going elsewhere.
Re: 'Other Guys' Recruiting Thread
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:20 pm
by StevensTechU
He doesn't look bad. If I was rating him on 247's scale, I'd put him as an 86. Based on his film, he looks like a solid Pac-12 caliber DL, and I'd say he has as much potential to be an all-leaguer as he does on being a bust.
Re: 'Other Guys' Recruiting Thread
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:32 pm
by punizhr02
StevensTechU wrote:
He doesn't look bad. If I was rating him on 247's scale, I'd put him as an 86. Based on his film, he looks like a solid Pac-12 caliber DL, and I'd say he has as much potential to be an all-leaguer as he does on being a bust.
When have you ever seen a bad film on 247? Everybody looks good, because they show the best plays in the kid’s season. The fact that nobody in recruiting circles have ever heard of this kid is a major red flag.
Re: 'Other Guys' Recruiting Thread
Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:31 am
by StevensTechU
Lol. You don't watch highlight film for good plays vs bad plays. You watch them for athleticism, speed, effort, headiness, strength, technique.
Sometimes guys slip through the cracks. When there's no camps going on due to covid-19, there are probably going to be more of those than usual.