Flip Season
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: Flip Season
^ Provably Jonathan flowe. Maybe samari toure
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Flip Season
It looks like Jonathan Flowe. Nemec said earlier it’s a front 7 guy, and a recruit not a transfer - so not Ika. Raesjon Davis flipping from LSU to Oregon seems unlikely.
Good news, it must mean Flowe got his grades figured out. I thought he was a good prospect, and ensures Justin will stay with the program because I’m sure people were speculating. Not the same position as Burkhalter, smaller guy: 6’1” 200. Maybe he’s gotten bigger, or has the wheels to be a safety.
I would love Samari Toure, he killed it at FCS - but I don’t know if we need another WR with our limited spots. He’s a proven commodity, a line up of him with Devon Williams and Mycah Pittman could give USC a run for the best WR group.
Speaking of USC, former Oregon target Ishmael Sopsher is transferring to USC. Apparently he was a bust there. Used to be a top-10 prospect and the number one DT recruit before falling to borderline five star status. I wonder if we were interested, because he loved his visit to Oregon. I made an edit for him and talked to him years ago, when he was a junior in high school, and he said Oregon was his dream offer when he was younger. I think his official visit to Oregon was his first time on an airplane. Hopefully we’re getting Ika, because Sopsher was worth a risk.
Good news, it must mean Flowe got his grades figured out. I thought he was a good prospect, and ensures Justin will stay with the program because I’m sure people were speculating. Not the same position as Burkhalter, smaller guy: 6’1” 200. Maybe he’s gotten bigger, or has the wheels to be a safety.
I would love Samari Toure, he killed it at FCS - but I don’t know if we need another WR with our limited spots. He’s a proven commodity, a line up of him with Devon Williams and Mycah Pittman could give USC a run for the best WR group.
Speaking of USC, former Oregon target Ishmael Sopsher is transferring to USC. Apparently he was a bust there. Used to be a top-10 prospect and the number one DT recruit before falling to borderline five star status. I wonder if we were interested, because he loved his visit to Oregon. I made an edit for him and talked to him years ago, when he was a junior in high school, and he said Oregon was his dream offer when he was younger. I think his official visit to Oregon was his first time on an airplane. Hopefully we’re getting Ika, because Sopsher was worth a risk.
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: Flip Season
I had written off Flowe because of grades, but interesting he was able to improve.
Sopher was not well thought of at Bama. It was rumored that he didn't work hard and battled weight issues because of his lack of work ethic. I am still hopeful on Ika. I think the Ducks end this cycle with Flowe, Ika and Moko. Just my guess.
Sopher was not well thought of at Bama. It was rumored that he didn't work hard and battled weight issues because of his lack of work ethic. I am still hopeful on Ika. I think the Ducks end this cycle with Flowe, Ika and Moko. Just my guess.
-
OrTDuck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:39 pm
Re: Flip Season
College recruits have certainly gotten a bum deal with COVID, especially in regards to losing their officials.
Seems like almost if not a "once in a lifetime" chance for a young kid to get "rock star" treatment, close to it. Some of the stories about the $$ spent on these 48 hour adventures cross the country are pretty crazy.
The good news is that one has to think with COVID, kids will be given the benefit of the doubt busting through the academic side of things. That is, if they put out the effort, they can (and likely SHOULD) be rewarded. If kids just aren't trying as COVID high school seniors, maybe that's a different story; but, for those that are I see little benefit in hanging them up. Also, on the West coast at least, no sports does leave fewer distractions.
Seems like almost if not a "once in a lifetime" chance for a young kid to get "rock star" treatment, close to it. Some of the stories about the $$ spent on these 48 hour adventures cross the country are pretty crazy.
The good news is that one has to think with COVID, kids will be given the benefit of the doubt busting through the academic side of things. That is, if they put out the effort, they can (and likely SHOULD) be rewarded. If kids just aren't trying as COVID high school seniors, maybe that's a different story; but, for those that are I see little benefit in hanging them up. Also, on the West coast at least, no sports does leave fewer distractions.
- Duck07
- All-American
- Posts: 17123
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
- Location: Parts Unknown
Re: Flip Season
The other issue is that with nobody losing eligibility this season, there will be fewer places for this years senior class to end up depending on how many of those graduating players decide to stay.OrTDuck wrote:College recruits have certainly gotten a bum deal with COVID, especially in regards to losing their officials.
Seems like almost if not a "once in a lifetime" chance for a young kid to get "rock star" treatment, close to it. Some of the stories about the $$ spent on these 48 hour adventures cross the country are pretty crazy.
The good news is that one has to think with COVID, kids will be given the benefit of the doubt busting through the academic side of things. That is, if they put out the effort, they can (and likely SHOULD) be rewarded. If kids just aren't trying as COVID high school seniors, maybe that's a different story; but, for those that are I see little benefit in hanging them up. Also, on the West coast at least, no sports does leave fewer distractions.
I haven't read anything about trying to make an adjustment for this years class in any ways as it relates to NCAA recruiting/scholarship rules.

- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Flip Season
I don’t know if the Ducks ever offered Covington, but he committed to TCU today. It would be nice to find a solid CB for the future.
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Flip Season
I’ve wondered the same thing, if they’ll make exceptions to the 85 scholarship limit since this year doesn’t count towards eligibility.Duck07 wrote:The other issue is that with nobody losing eligibility this season, there will be fewer places for this years senior class to end up depending on how many of those graduating players decide to stay.OrTDuck wrote:College recruits have certainly gotten a bum deal with COVID, especially in regards to losing their officials.
Seems like almost if not a "once in a lifetime" chance for a young kid to get "rock star" treatment, close to it. Some of the stories about the $$ spent on these 48 hour adventures cross the country are pretty crazy.
The good news is that one has to think with COVID, kids will be given the benefit of the doubt busting through the academic side of things. That is, if they put out the effort, they can (and likely SHOULD) be rewarded. If kids just aren't trying as COVID high school seniors, maybe that's a different story; but, for those that are I see little benefit in hanging them up. Also, on the West coast at least, no sports does leave fewer distractions.
I haven't read anything about trying to make an adjustment for this years class in any ways as it relates to NCAA recruiting/scholarship rules.
Also curious how many, if any at all, of our seniors stay around for another year. A guy like Hunter Kampmoyer who is having a breakout season comes to mind.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Flip Season
The NCAA already decided that any returning SRs would not have their scholarships count against the 85-scholarship limit, which is already what they did for spring athletes and will be doing for fall athletes. This puts some schools in a bind because of playing time/depth issues with a FR class coming in and financial limitations of keeping around so many players. I'm not sure Oregon will have many issues since most of their current SRs will be leaving for the NFL or deciding to get on with their lives. I could see maybe half of this year's SR class at most possibly returning.

- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Flip Season
Thanks, GY!greenyellow wrote:The NCAA already decided that any returning SRs would not have their scholarships count against the 85-scholarship limit, which is already what they did for spring athletes and will be doing for fall athletes. This puts some schools in a bind because of playing time/depth issues with a FR class coming in and financial limitations of keeping around so many players. I'm not sure Oregon will have many issues since most of their current SRs will be leaving for the NFL or deciding to get on with their lives. I could see maybe half of this year's SR class at most possibly returning.
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: Flip Season
greenyellow wrote:The NCAA already decided that any returning SRs would not have their scholarships count against the 85-scholarship limit, which is already what they did for spring athletes and will be doing for fall athletes. This puts some schools in a bind because of playing time/depth issues with a FR class coming in and financial limitations of keeping around so many players. I'm not sure Oregon will have many issues since most of their current SRs will be leaving for the NFL or deciding to get on with their lives. I could see maybe half of this year's SR class at most possibly returning.
Happle comes back. (not sure that's a great thing).
I also believe we will see some attrition.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Flip Season
For those of you still worried about Davies flipping, this should probably put that to rest.

- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Flip Season
Updates on guys previously mentioned:
CB Nathaniel Wiggins did flip - from LSU to Clemson.
Raesjon Davis hasn’t signed with LSU and will wait until February. Ohio State and USC are the main contenders.
Jadarrius Perkins is signing on Christmas, he’s JuCo so he can sign whenever. He’s still saying Oregon stuff, and no idea if we dropped him or he’s really going to Miss St or somewhere.
Ceyair Wright still thinking things over. Probably USC, but Oregon and Notre Dame still in it.
Siaki Ika transfer crystal ball changed by Utah mod from Utah to cloudy.
JTT put out a top-5 yesterday of Ohio State, Alabama, Oregon, Washington, and USC. Still a battle between Ohio State, Oregon, and Bama. In the interview he sounded very pro Oregon. If Big Joe can’t close the son of a guy he’s been friends with, no matter how highly rated and in demand, I’ll be very disappointed.
As an FYI JTT is tied for the 24th highest rated recruit in the all time rankings, 3rd highest DT. He would be perfect as the DE position that Austin Faoliu plays.
I’m allowed to dream of having the 2021 DL be: KT, Ika, JTT. That would be insane.
CB Nathaniel Wiggins did flip - from LSU to Clemson.
Raesjon Davis hasn’t signed with LSU and will wait until February. Ohio State and USC are the main contenders.
Jadarrius Perkins is signing on Christmas, he’s JuCo so he can sign whenever. He’s still saying Oregon stuff, and no idea if we dropped him or he’s really going to Miss St or somewhere.
Ceyair Wright still thinking things over. Probably USC, but Oregon and Notre Dame still in it.
Siaki Ika transfer crystal ball changed by Utah mod from Utah to cloudy.
JTT put out a top-5 yesterday of Ohio State, Alabama, Oregon, Washington, and USC. Still a battle between Ohio State, Oregon, and Bama. In the interview he sounded very pro Oregon. If Big Joe can’t close the son of a guy he’s been friends with, no matter how highly rated and in demand, I’ll be very disappointed.
As an FYI JTT is tied for the 24th highest rated recruit in the all time rankings, 3rd highest DT. He would be perfect as the DE position that Austin Faoliu plays.
I’m allowed to dream of having the 2021 DL be: KT, Ika, JTT. That would be insane.
-
northbeachsf
- Freshman
- Posts: 1494
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:54 pm
Re: Flip Season
We might be making a very strong push for JTT. I saw a quote on twitter from one of the Bama insiders that said it is essentially a two team race - Oregon and Bama.GoDucksTroll wrote:Updates on guys previously mentioned:
CB Nathaniel Wiggins did flip - from LSU to Clemson.
Raesjon Davis hasn’t signed with LSU and will wait until February. Ohio State and USC are the main contenders.
Jadarrius Perkins is signing on Christmas, he’s JuCo so he can sign whenever. He’s still saying Oregon stuff, and no idea if we dropped him or he’s really going to Miss St or somewhere.
Ceyair Wright still thinking things over. Probably USC, but Oregon and Notre Dame still in it.
Siaki Ika transfer crystal ball changed by Utah mod from Utah to cloudy.
JTT put out a top-5 yesterday of Ohio State, Alabama, Oregon, Washington, and USC. Still a battle between Ohio State, Oregon, and Bama. In the interview he sounded very pro Oregon. If Big Joe can’t close the son of a guy he’s been friends with, no matter how highly rated and in demand, I’ll be very disappointed.
As an FYI JTT is tied for the 24th highest rated recruit in the all time rankings, 3rd highest DT. He would be perfect as the DE position that Austin Faoliu plays.
I’m allowed to dream of having the 2021 DL be: KT, Ika, JTT. That would be insane.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Flip Season
Thanks for the summary and opining. Re: Perkins, he's still posting screenshots of video chats with Cristobal, so Oregon definitely hasn't dropped him unless they are also just fans of wasting their own time.GoDucksTroll wrote:
Jadarrius Perkins is signing on Christmas, he’s JuCo so he can sign whenever. He’s still saying Oregon stuff, and no idea if we dropped him or he’s really going to Miss St or somewhere.
Last edited by StevensTechU on Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Flip Season
Ika update: he has “big news” to announce on Monday.
Oregon, stay at LSU, Utah, or BYU are the known options.
I’d bet on Oregon if I was the betting type.
And yes, they’re still recruiting Perkins. Considering we’ll have two CBs with experience next year I’ll gladly take a JuCo guy if at worst he’s a Haki Woods level contributor. I’m also not sure on this, but I also thought he had a 4-star cousin that’s a 2022 recruit.
Oregon, stay at LSU, Utah, or BYU are the known options.
I’d bet on Oregon if I was the betting type.
And yes, they’re still recruiting Perkins. Considering we’ll have two CBs with experience next year I’ll gladly take a JuCo guy if at worst he’s a Haki Woods level contributor. I’m also not sure on this, but I also thought he had a 4-star cousin that’s a 2022 recruit.