Page 5 of 7

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:46 pm
by DuckMastaFunk
He's not in studio due to bad roads, LOL!

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:48 pm
by Merganzer

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:05 pm
by chapelhillduck
So...is this not happening tonight?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:05 pm
by Duck24
This is akin to being late to an announcement in Oregon because of rain.

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:05 pm
by SteelTown43
DuckMastaFunk wrote:He's not in studio due to bad roads, LOL!
Really? Damn. Wonder when we'll find out now

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:08 pm
by DuckMastaFunk
Last commercial break they came back and his HS coach and some teamates had arrived. They said Puka was a little bit behind them.

One a side note, it looked like a teammate was wearing an oregon sweatshirt and I got excited. Then I remembered he plays for Orem High, and it's probably an Orem shirt.

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:08 pm
by WestCoastDux
The news channel is in a holding pattern. Roads in SLC seem to be sketchy currently; Puka & his family haven't arrived yet, but his HS coach & teammates are waiting in the studio.

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:10 pm
by DuckMastaFunk
Google says 55 mins for a 42 mile drive from Orem High to KSL.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Orem+Hi ... 704813!3e0

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:13 pm
by ducksrock
One might think that after setting a time, that one might consider the existing weather conditions and plan for them.. Maybe do something novel and leave early for the studio...lol

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:15 pm
by chapelhillduck
It's still possible to hire a receivers coach before the announcement MC!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:16 pm
by DuckMastaFunk
ducksrock wrote:One might think that after setting a time, that one might consider the existing weather conditions and plan for them.. Maybe do something novel and leave early for the studio...lol
The fact that no one was there (coach, family, teammates) when the broadcast started leads me to believe that something unexpected happened on the roads.

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:17 pm
by Duck07
Apparently he has arrived now.

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:18 pm
by WestCoastDux
Announcing after this commercial break

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:20 pm
by ducksrock
chapelhillduck wrote:It's still possible to hire a receivers coach before the announcement MC!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From the look of things, MC may be able to wait until tomorrow afternoon to announce a new receivers coach and still beat the announcement... :D

Re: Puka Nacua likely announcing his decision today

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:22 pm
by RanDux
Drum roll, please...