Chris Steele is not a done deal
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
GoDucks7
- One Star Recruit
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:28 pm
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
It does seem awfully odd that he goes from having USC not in his top 3 to being a realistic transfer candidate... Either way, this kid seems like a real cancer to whatever team he is joining... This must be his 5th or 6th commit now?
-
maxduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3763
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:37 pm
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
If Steele signed anything it would be a financial aid agreement which is basically the same as a verbal commitment. A signed letter of intent is binding on the athlete but there are NCAA restrictions on when those can be signed. This year it began February 6 (remember "signing day") and ended April 1, 2019.
- Duckenstein
- Freshman
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:43 pm
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
Schrader is apparently reporting Steele visited USC, then Oregon, then USC
Jhop says Steele's parents want him at USC
Biggins says this is the craziest recruiting can get
I would think Steele switching to USC would complicate his waiver application but I don't know how that works in detail
Jhop says Steele's parents want him at USC
Biggins says this is the craziest recruiting can get
I would think Steele switching to USC would complicate his waiver application but I don't know how that works in detail
-
GoDucks7
- One Star Recruit
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:28 pm
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
If Steele's parents truly want him to stay home, this most likely doesn't end well for Oregon..
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
THIS THREAD WILL BE CLOSED AND POSTERS WILL BE SUSPENDED FOR A WEEK IF MORE PERSONAL ATTACKS ARE MADE

- DuckDuckJuice
- Two Star Recruit
- Posts: 115
- Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:34 pm
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
Oregon is the fourth school he has publicly committed to. He has been silently committed to at least 3 more. He named them all in an interview.
- Phalanx
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5000
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
Rumors that Steele to USC is a done deal. Guess we'll know soon.
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
What an absurd situation. Everyone now saying a last minute change of heart, or change of something, and it's all USC. The transfer market/late recruiting has gotten really interesting.
-
woundedknees
- All-American
- Posts: 12821
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
Professional free agency is so much more cut and dried... 
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!


- OregonFan4Life
- All-American
- Posts: 15153
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
I know a lot of people jokingly throw out that this team pays that player and so and so, but after McCoy and Steele, I am 100% serious when I say I think USC is paying some players. This is absurd. It’s not like this opportunity came out of nowhere. They could’ve gone to USC a long time ago, what suddenly drastically changed their minds about USC?GoDucksTroll wrote:What an absurd situation. Everyone now saying a last minute change of heart, or change of something, and it's all USC. The transfer market/late recruiting has gotten really interesting.
Last edited by OregonFan4Life on Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
Clay Helton better hope his new coaches and players are improve over next year, otherwise he's going to be fired.OregonFan4Life wrote:I know a lot of people jokingly throw out that this team pays that player and so and so, but after McCoy and Steele, I am 100% serious when I say I thin USC is paying some players. This is absurd. It’s not like this opportunity came out of nowhere. They could’ve gone to USC a long time ago, what suddenly drastically changed their minds about USC?GoDucksTroll wrote:What an absurd situation. Everyone now saying a last minute change of heart, or change of something, and it's all USC. The transfer market/late recruiting has gotten really interesting.

- DuckMastaFunk
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:07 pm
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
I’m not a big conspiracy guy, but this is odd. OF4L hit the nail on the head. GreenYellow likely identified the reason. Helton under threat of getting canned may be willing to do things he wasn’t willing to do before. How else do you go from a mediocre recruiter to the best recruiter in all of college football in the course of a few weeks?greenyellow wrote:Clay Helton better hope his new coaches and players are improve over next year, otherwise he's going to be fired.OregonFan4Life wrote:I know a lot of people jokingly throw out that this team pays that player and so and so, but after McCoy and Steele, I am 100% serious when I say I thin USC is paying some players. This is absurd. It’s not like this opportunity came out of nowhere. They could’ve gone to USC a long time ago, what suddenly drastically changed their minds about USC?GoDucksTroll wrote:What an absurd situation. Everyone now saying a last minute change of heart, or change of something, and it's all USC. The transfer market/late recruiting has gotten really interesting.
-
alxtw
- Freshman
- Posts: 1264
- Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:46 pm
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
I've lost count of how many times we've lost recruits that wanted to be here to their controlling parents. What ever happen to the 18 and your out the door mentality?Duckenstein wrote:Schrader is apparently reporting Steele visited USC, then Oregon, then USC
Jhop says Steele's parents want him at USC
Biggins says this is the craziest recruiting can get
I would think Steele switching to USC would complicate his waiver application but I don't know how that works in detail
- FlDuckFan
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5068
- Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:45 am
- GM: Orlando Magic GM
- Location: Florida
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
At least he'll have something in common with his new HC next year, both leaving Florida high and dry.
- Phenom
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 9914
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am
Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal
Schrader was right.