Page 5 of 7

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:04 am
by GoDucks7
It does seem awfully odd that he goes from having USC not in his top 3 to being a realistic transfer candidate... Either way, this kid seems like a real cancer to whatever team he is joining... This must be his 5th or 6th commit now?

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:05 am
by maxduck
If Steele signed anything it would be a financial aid agreement which is basically the same as a verbal commitment. A signed letter of intent is binding on the athlete but there are NCAA restrictions on when those can be signed. This year it began February 6 (remember "signing day") and ended April 1, 2019.

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:32 am
by Duckenstein
Schrader is apparently reporting Steele visited USC, then Oregon, then USC

Jhop says Steele's parents want him at USC

Biggins says this is the craziest recruiting can get

I would think Steele switching to USC would complicate his waiver application but I don't know how that works in detail

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:18 am
by GoDucks7
If Steele's parents truly want him to stay home, this most likely doesn't end well for Oregon..

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:29 am
by greenyellow
THIS THREAD WILL BE CLOSED AND POSTERS WILL BE SUSPENDED FOR A WEEK IF MORE PERSONAL ATTACKS ARE MADE

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:53 am
by DuckDuckJuice
Oregon is the fourth school he has publicly committed to. He has been silently committed to at least 3 more. He named them all in an interview.

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:01 am
by Phalanx
Rumors that Steele to USC is a done deal. Guess we'll know soon.

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:56 pm
by GoDucksTroll
What an absurd situation. Everyone now saying a last minute change of heart, or change of something, and it's all USC. The transfer market/late recruiting has gotten really interesting.

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:28 pm
by woundedknees
Professional free agency is so much more cut and dried... :roll:

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:13 pm
by OregonFan4Life
GoDucksTroll wrote:What an absurd situation. Everyone now saying a last minute change of heart, or change of something, and it's all USC. The transfer market/late recruiting has gotten really interesting.
I know a lot of people jokingly throw out that this team pays that player and so and so, but after McCoy and Steele, I am 100% serious when I say I think USC is paying some players. This is absurd. It’s not like this opportunity came out of nowhere. They could’ve gone to USC a long time ago, what suddenly drastically changed their minds about USC?

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:22 pm
by greenyellow
OregonFan4Life wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:What an absurd situation. Everyone now saying a last minute change of heart, or change of something, and it's all USC. The transfer market/late recruiting has gotten really interesting.
I know a lot of people jokingly throw out that this team pays that player and so and so, but after McCoy and Steele, I am 100% serious when I say I thin USC is paying some players. This is absurd. It’s not like this opportunity came out of nowhere. They could’ve gone to USC a long time ago, what suddenly drastically changed their minds about USC?
Clay Helton better hope his new coaches and players are improve over next year, otherwise he's going to be fired.

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:33 pm
by DuckMastaFunk
greenyellow wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote:What an absurd situation. Everyone now saying a last minute change of heart, or change of something, and it's all USC. The transfer market/late recruiting has gotten really interesting.
I know a lot of people jokingly throw out that this team pays that player and so and so, but after McCoy and Steele, I am 100% serious when I say I thin USC is paying some players. This is absurd. It’s not like this opportunity came out of nowhere. They could’ve gone to USC a long time ago, what suddenly drastically changed their minds about USC?
Clay Helton better hope his new coaches and players are improve over next year, otherwise he's going to be fired.
I’m not a big conspiracy guy, but this is odd. OF4L hit the nail on the head. GreenYellow likely identified the reason. Helton under threat of getting canned may be willing to do things he wasn’t willing to do before. How else do you go from a mediocre recruiter to the best recruiter in all of college football in the course of a few weeks?

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:36 pm
by alxtw
Duckenstein wrote:Schrader is apparently reporting Steele visited USC, then Oregon, then USC

Jhop says Steele's parents want him at USC

Biggins says this is the craziest recruiting can get

I would think Steele switching to USC would complicate his waiver application but I don't know how that works in detail
I've lost count of how many times we've lost recruits that wanted to be here to their controlling parents. What ever happen to the 18 and your out the door mentality?

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:01 am
by FlDuckFan
At least he'll have something in common with his new HC next year, both leaving Florida high and dry.

Re: Chris Steele is not a done deal

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:26 am
by Phenom
Schrader was right.