Isn't it just an announcement of when his commitment will be announced? Or is he actually committing?SuperDuck wrote:What time is DJ's commitment today?
I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
karlhungis
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7990
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
- Tray Dub
- Senior
- Posts: 4994
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
He's actually committing, and it'll be at noon pacific.
-
karlhungis
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7990
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:08 am
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Interesting. What are our odds? Seems like they have to be almost non existent, based on the lack of discussion.Tray Dub wrote:He's actually committing, and it'll be at noon pacific.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
It's basically all-Clemson in the predictions for him so start hoping Oregon gets Butterfield.karlhungis wrote:Interesting. What are our odds? Seems like they have to be almost non existent, based on the lack of discussion.Tray Dub wrote:He's actually committing, and it'll be at noon pacific.

- Duck07
- All-American
- Posts: 17123
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
- Location: Parts Unknown
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Butterfield is no consolation prize, that much is true. We do have a real chance at the younger brother but we have to make it to the playoff to start winning these kind of battles against Clemson or Bama.

-
rsbgduck
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 672
- Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:42 am
- Location: Roseburg, OR
- Contact:
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Duck07 wrote:Butterfield is no consolation prize, that much is true. We do have a real chance at the younger brother but we have to make it to the playoff to start winning these kind of battles against Clemson or Bama.
The last big recruiting battle with Bama turned out ok
I understand what you mean. Remember though, how many yrs was bama a middle/bottom of the SEC before Saben came in and brought them back to dominance. It takes time to build sustainability and we have never been Bama which makes what MC and company are doing so very impressive. IMO, it takes much longer and is harder to build a consistent championship (conference/NYD Bowls/NC) program than it does to build a NC contending team once.
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
Nemec’s 5-star recruit was really the women’s basketball player?
That’s just... I don’t even know how he thought it would be okay to tease it that way. It was clearly in a football context, you’re not getting DJ but a different 5-star. I can’t blame people for being disappointed even at great news when it’s reported as such. Bait and switch.
That’s just... I don’t even know how he thought it would be okay to tease it that way. It was clearly in a football context, you’re not getting DJ but a different 5-star. I can’t blame people for being disappointed even at great news when it’s reported as such. Bait and switch.
- Phalanx
- Senior
- Posts: 4999
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
I kind of wonder if the woman's basketball player was just cover for a bad piece of intel. Seems very silly otherwise.
- Duck07
- All-American
- Posts: 17123
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
- Location: Parts Unknown
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
What if PaoPao is not the 5 star he wrote about?

-
Merganzer
- Senior
- Posts: 3656
- Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:42 am
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
GoDucksTroll wrote:Nemec’s 5-star recruit was really the women’s basketball player?
That’s just... I don’t even know how he thought it would be okay to tease it that way. It was clearly in a football context, you’re not getting DJ but a different 5-star. I can’t blame people for being disappointed even at great news when it’s reported as such. Bait and switch.
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
- OregonFan4Life
- All-American
- Posts: 15151
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
I don’t have Twitter but I hope duck fans pour it on Nemec and don’t let him get away with that crap. That whole BS about not mentioning sport and trying to avoid admitting to his poker journalism is pathetic, especially since he claims those fans calling him out aren’t duck fans.

-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
He’s saying he never alluded to it being a football commit. He’s now calling out individual twitter posters as seemingly sexist or biased. It’s pretty bad. I listened to his pod and various interviews and he always talked about that commit while discussing football recruiting. Really poor form in my opinion.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
I've said this before, but I have a lot of mutual friends with Andy Nemec, and he's a giant bag of s***.
-
rsbgduck
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 672
- Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:42 am
- Location: Roseburg, OR
- Contact:
Re: I am hearing rumor of a BIG fish commit this week
You can put makeup on a pig and it’s still a pig, just a pig with makeup. When he created that rumor he knew exactly what he was doing.