Page 7 of 8

Re: National Title Game

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:31 pm
by Braveheart
Phalanx wrote:
Braveheart wrote:
AutzenMember wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:To be honest.......tonight, the way Alabama is playing, I don't see Oregon beating them. They are just throwing these guys around like rag dolls. This bama team is no joke.
The problem is, Notre Dame IS a joke. Texas A&M already beat them, and Oregon is a better version of that team. As stated before, thanks BCS...thanks for nothin.
Stanford beat Oregon. Alabama is a better version of Stanford.
I don't hear a lot of people talking about this, but I really think that loss to Stanford had a lot to do with the terrible weather that day. Bad weather always favors the big, power-blocking team.

I don't know if Oregon would beat Alabama this year, but I do know this: Chip is going to be preparing his team for an SEC defense. The only mountain he has yet to conquer. I don't think there is any doubt that Oregon should have been in this game instead of Notre Lame. It would never happen though, without a playoff.
I think UO is a good match-up for anybody. I'm just using the Stanford loss as a counter for anybody using the "We're better than A&M, A&M beat Bama" argument. I don't believe in the transitive property when it comes to sports.

Re: National Title Game

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:44 pm
by 303DucksFan
Oh well. I'd rather us break the SEC streak.

Re: National Title Game

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:45 pm
by pezsez1
Don't forget that on our trip to the National Championship game we only lost by 3 points with a sophomore QB who wasn't very accurate, slower receivers, an undersized defensive line and our worst special teams performance of the season.
Fixed that.

Re: National Title Game

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:49 pm
by MFRDuckFan
pezsez1 wrote:
Don't forget that on our trip to the National Championship game we only lost by 3 points with a sophomore QB who wasn't very accurate, slower receivers, an undersized defensive line and our worst special teams performance of the season.
Fixed that.
And we still only lost by 3!!!!

Re: National Title Game

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:50 pm
by UOducksTK1
Well no surprise. Any team that struggles and nearly loses at home to a team like Pittsburgh, should have no right in playing for a natty.

Glad I folded socks and watched news instead.

Re: National Title Game

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:18 pm
by uostudent
Lacy just called Alabama a "great organization"

:lol:

Re: National Title Game

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:21 pm
by Braveheart
uostudent wrote:Lacy just called Alabama a "great organization"

:lol:
Technically he's right. Those kids didn't go there for the education.

Re: National Title Game

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:30 pm
by uostudent
Braveheart wrote:
uostudent wrote:Lacy just called Alabama a "great organization"

:lol:
Technically he's right. Those kids didn't go there for the education.
The SEC minus Vanderbilt makes a mockery of college athletics. Most of the players on Alabama's football team wouldn't have qualified at ASU. Alabama football is similar to Kentucky basketball.

I do have a lot of respect for Barrett Jones tho.

National Title Game

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:39 pm
by Duck24
Lol and the guys who came to Oregon came for the outstanding Political Science, Sociology, and Communication degrees?

Re: National Title Game

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:02 pm
by Braveheart
Duck24 wrote:Lol and the guys who came to Oregon came for the outstanding Political Science, Sociology, and Communication degrees?
True, but you get the point.

Re: National Title Game

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:32 pm
by uostudent
Duck24 wrote:Lol and the guys who came to Oregon came for the outstanding Political Science, Sociology, and Communication degrees?
It's the entire way that the conference operates. They create majors specifically for athletes. Tim Tebow majored in community service. How many non-athletes at Florida do you think are apart of that major?

While sociology and poli sci aren't exactly the most challenging fields, they are still legitimate majors.

More importantly, most schools in the SEC do other things that give the conference a distinct competitive advantage. Their coaches know how to play the system. Alabama, for instance, gives kids who aren't contributing "medical scholarships" to open up spots for more highly regarded/potentially more productive recruits. This type of behavior is rampant. That's not to mention their inappropriate use of greyshirting. Or how about signing 30+ recruits every year?

Re: National Title Game

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:18 am
by Phenom
LeBron James @KingJames
I blame the BCS for this! Call Oregon and get them on a plane to Miami please!

As if I needed another reason to love him.

Re: National Title Game

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:50 am
by duxforlyfe
Phenom wrote:LeBron James @KingJames
I blame the BCS for this! Call Oregon and get them on a plane to Miami please!

As if I needed another reason to love him.
+1

Re: National Title Game

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:34 am
by thomas time
+2 Lebron is by and far my favorite player in the N.B.A. Ton's of people said Oregon and Bama was the dream matchup, sure looks that way with tonight's game. OVERRATED OVERRATED IRISH!!! Easily could've lost three games during the season, hope all you ND liked that game.

Re: National Title Game

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:53 am
by thomas time
Just went to Lebron twitter and found some other posts: Damn just like that! De Anthony Thomas to the house on KO TD! 12 secs and it's 8-0 Ducks, then: The Black Mamba strikes again! Ducks up 15-0 about the ducks Love seeing Lebron watching the Duuuuuuucks!!!