Oregon @ UCLA thread

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Oregon @ UCLA thread

Post by duckgrad99 »

Poor end to the first half with terrible defense. 9 3 point field goals made keeping Oregon in the game. Sim finally made some shots and Wiley was on fire.
dthomas=ddixon

Re: Oregon @ UCLA thread

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Terrible defense?! Since when is that a characteristic of Oregon teams?
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Thankfully, the regular season is over. A few observations after this game:

1. Kent and his substitutions are ridiculous. Wiley is on fire and Kent takes him out. Crittle and Dunigan commit 1 foul and Kent takes them out.

2. What happened to Catron, and why did Kent continue to start him?

3. It's late in the season, and we are still shooting too many 3's, still having trouble inside, still missing layups, still cannot make free throws and still cannot play defense.

4. Collison absolutely schooled Porter today. Why does Porter always have to play major minutes?

This season has been the most frustrating I have ever experienced in all of my years following Oregon basketball. If not for mac court magic, this team would have gone 0-18 in conference. Totally unacceptable. Bringing Kent back after this means accepting mediocrity IMO.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

duckgrad99 wrote:Thankfully, the regular season is over. A few observations after this game:

1. Kent and his substitutions are ridiculous. Wiley is on fire and Kent takes him out. Crittle and Dunigan commit 1 foul and Kent takes them out.

3. It's late in the season, and we are still shooting too many 3's, still having trouble inside, still missing layups, still cannot make free throws and still cannot play defense.

This season has been the most frustrating I have ever experienced in all of my years following Oregon basketball. If not for mac court magic, this team would have gone 0-18 in conference. Totally unacceptable. Bringing Kent back after this means accepting mediocrity IMO.
1 & 3....Can it get anymore obvious that Kents is not a very good COACH? Your players improve 0% over the season, even regressing at times. When a player like Dunigan is making the same mistakes in the final game of the season that he was making in the first, THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG!!!!! These kids aren't learning anything! Porter's taking the same rediculous shots that he was taking his sophmore year, Brown is still making the terrible passes & out of countrol drives that he was making his freshman year. Catron is still getting called for travel after travel in the post with all his pump fakes & spin moves. Longmire is the only player that improved from last year to this year.

When the majority of the players show no improvement, you can't put that on them! Kent tries to make it sound like the players are all just stupid & can't learn anything the coaches are teaching them. I might believe that if it's one or two players NOT ALL OF THEM!

Your substituion patterns look like they are being operated by a 10 year old who just randomly subs guys in & out. I don't even need to say anything more about them.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Forgot to post a thread for the game, thanks duckgrad.

Great first half. Awful second half.

Wiley was special. Porter wasn't special.

Not much else to say.

Why was Dunigan on the bench so much?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Forgot to post a thread for the game, thanks duckgrad.

Great first half. Awful second half.

Wiley was special. Porter wasn't special.

Not much else to say.

Why was Dunigan on the bench so much?

Great question TK. This isn't the first time Kent has done this with big men, remember Ray Schafer? Dunigans minutes should have been going up as the season went along. It would have given him more experience and hopefully more confidence for next season. I just worry that we will never see Dunigans full potential at Oregon as long as Kent runs an offense that calls for 3 point shot after 3 point shot.