Page 1 of 3
My gut tells me
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:21 pm
by oregon232
TN is the team to beat in the BB sweepstakes. I hear reassuring stuff on here about him going to Oregon but elsewhere all the rumors are circulating that TN is where he is going.
I know I shouldn't believe in the rumor mills and crap but it does make me uneasy.

Re: My gut tells me
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:48 pm
by Mops
I have certainly eased up on Brown coming to Oregon.
Re: My gut tells me
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:50 pm
by UOducksTK1
oregon232 wrote:TN is the team to beat in the BB sweepstakes. I hear reassuring stuff on here about him going to Oregon but elsewhere all the rumors are circulating that TN is where he is going.
I know I shouldn't believe in the rumor mills and crap but it does make me uneasy.

Tennessee sounds like they have the edge, but what/who do we really believe at this point?
These outcomes are unpredictable. Heck for all we know, he could go to KSU.
If I had to choose someone, I'd say Tenn by an edge.
Re: My gut tells me
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:59 pm
by Tray Dub
Mops wrote:I have certainly eased up on Brown coming to Oregon.
Didn't you say he was a lock (in russian, but still)?
Re: My gut tells me
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:05 pm
by MFRDuckFan
So why is Chris Harper there with BB for tomorrow???
Re: My gut tells me
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:08 pm
by duckgrad99
MFRDuckFan wrote:So why is Chris Harper there with BB for tomorrow???
My thoughts exactly. Why would he go all the way there if Brown were going to LSU or Tennessee? I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.

Re: My gut tells me
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:10 pm
by UOducksTK1
duckgrad99 wrote:MFRDuckFan wrote:So why is Chris Harper there with BB for tomorrow???
My thoughts exactly. Why would he go all the way there if Brown were going to LSU or Tennessee? I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.

But then why would he visit Tennessee again, and say RB coach and S&C coach are the reason he's decided to attend __________. If he was talking about Oregon, I'm pretty sure CK would have been the biggest influence.
If you list the pros and cons for everything that's going on with each team he's considering, it would only make things more complicated.
Re: My gut tells me
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:16 pm
by Oregonian
UOducksTK1 wrote:duckgrad99 wrote:MFRDuckFan wrote:So why is Chris Harper there with BB for tomorrow???
My thoughts exactly. Why would he go all the way there if Brown were going to LSU or Tennessee? I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.

But then why would he visit Tennessee again, and say RB coach and S&C coach are the reason he's decided to attend __________. If he was talking about Oregon, I'm pretty sure CK would have been the biggest influence.
If you list the pros and cons for everything that's going on with each team he's considering, it would only make things more complicated.
If he really wants to talk RB coach, Campbell's work took Stewart to the next level, and our S&C coach is efficient AND has the facilities to do it.
Re: My gut tells me
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:23 pm
by UOducksTK1
Oregonian wrote:UOducksTK1 wrote:duckgrad99 wrote:
My thoughts exactly. Why would he go all the way there if Brown were going to LSU or Tennessee? I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.

But then why would he visit Tennessee again, and say RB coach and S&C coach are the reason he's decided to attend __________. If he was talking about Oregon, I'm pretty sure CK would have been the biggest influence.
If you list the pros and cons for everything that's going on with each team he's considering, it would only make things more complicated.
If he really wants to talk RB coach, Campbell's work took Stewart to the next level, and our S&C coach is efficient AND has the facilities to do it.
Tennessee's RB coach is one of the best though:
http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl ... die00.html
"Seven NFL running backs tutored under Gran at some point in their careers, among them Carnell Williams, Ronnie Brown, Rudi Johnson and Deuce McCallister."
And their S&C coach, Mark Smith is supposed to be top notch also.
Not trying to be negaduck here, but just calling it like I see it at this point.
Re: My gut tells me
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:25 pm
by MFRDuckFan
Oregonian wrote:
If he really wants to talk RB coach, Campbell's work took Stewart to the next level, and our S&C coach is efficient AND has the facilities to do it.
--------------------------------
Radcliffe is a beast! That guy is amazing. I've seen plyometrics before, but he takes it to a whole new level.
Re: My gut tells me
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:28 pm
by duckgrad99
Screw Tennessee. If Brown goes there, I hope he fails. Any other school I wish him success.
Re: My gut tells me
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:28 pm
by huckthefuskies
Did I miss somewhere where it was said for sure that Brown is the reason Harper is visiting his own hometown? It is possible our fan base is blowing his visit up a bit.
Re: My gut tells me
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:29 pm
by Tray Dub
duckgrad99 wrote:Screw Tennessee. If Brown goes there, I hope he fails. Any other school I wish him success.
Why? Because their coach is a dick? Does that really make him deserving of being a failure?
Re: My gut tells me
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:29 pm
by yeahboyd
I was thinking LSU based upon all the talk about getting him ready for the next level as that what Miles was trying to sell. We have the best facilities in the country though. Can't think of a better place to train. Campbell is the kind of guy that Brown would look up to but who knows.
Re: My gut tells me
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:32 pm
by dthomas=ddixon
duckgrad99 wrote:Screw Tennessee. If Brown goes there, I hope he fails. Any other school I wish him success.
If he choses UT, I don't hope he fails but I won't think of him the same way. Especially with the mystery blonde in the left side of that one picture. If that has any factor in his choice then his is not the kid I thought he was. I would still love for him to be a Duck though.