My gut tells me

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

User avatar
oregon232
Two Star Recruit
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:37 pm
Location: Mobile, AL

My gut tells me

Post by oregon232 »

TN is the team to beat in the BB sweepstakes. I hear reassuring stuff on here about him going to Oregon but elsewhere all the rumors are circulating that TN is where he is going.

I know I shouldn't believe in the rumor mills and crap but it does make me uneasy. :oops:
Mops
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 754
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:51 pm
Location: Eugene
Contact:

Re: My gut tells me

Post by Mops »

I have certainly eased up on Brown coming to Oregon.
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40590
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: My gut tells me

Post by UOducksTK1 »

oregon232 wrote:TN is the team to beat in the BB sweepstakes. I hear reassuring stuff on here about him going to Oregon but elsewhere all the rumors are circulating that TN is where he is going.

I know I shouldn't believe in the rumor mills and crap but it does make me uneasy. :oops:
Tennessee sounds like they have the edge, but what/who do we really believe at this point?

These outcomes are unpredictable. Heck for all we know, he could go to KSU.

If I had to choose someone, I'd say Tenn by an edge.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
User avatar
Tray Dub
Senior
Posts: 4994
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm

Re: My gut tells me

Post by Tray Dub »

Mops wrote:I have certainly eased up on Brown coming to Oregon.
Didn't you say he was a lock (in russian, but still)?
User avatar
MFRDuckFan
Senior
Posts: 4829
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:52 pm
Location: Medford

Re: My gut tells me

Post by MFRDuckFan »

So why is Chris Harper there with BB for tomorrow???
duckgrad99
All Pac-12
Posts: 6086
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: My gut tells me

Post by duckgrad99 »

MFRDuckFan wrote:So why is Chris Harper there with BB for tomorrow???


My thoughts exactly. Why would he go all the way there if Brown were going to LSU or Tennessee? I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. :lol:
Image
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40590
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: My gut tells me

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duckgrad99 wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote:So why is Chris Harper there with BB for tomorrow???


My thoughts exactly. Why would he go all the way there if Brown were going to LSU or Tennessee? I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. :lol:
But then why would he visit Tennessee again, and say RB coach and S&C coach are the reason he's decided to attend __________. If he was talking about Oregon, I'm pretty sure CK would have been the biggest influence.

If you list the pros and cons for everything that's going on with each team he's considering, it would only make things more complicated.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Oregonian
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 931
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:01 am

Re: My gut tells me

Post by Oregonian »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote:So why is Chris Harper there with BB for tomorrow???


My thoughts exactly. Why would he go all the way there if Brown were going to LSU or Tennessee? I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. :lol:
But then why would he visit Tennessee again, and say RB coach and S&C coach are the reason he's decided to attend __________. If he was talking about Oregon, I'm pretty sure CK would have been the biggest influence.

If you list the pros and cons for everything that's going on with each team he's considering, it would only make things more complicated.
If he really wants to talk RB coach, Campbell's work took Stewart to the next level, and our S&C coach is efficient AND has the facilities to do it.
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40590
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: My gut tells me

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Oregonian wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:
My thoughts exactly. Why would he go all the way there if Brown were going to LSU or Tennessee? I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. :lol:
But then why would he visit Tennessee again, and say RB coach and S&C coach are the reason he's decided to attend __________. If he was talking about Oregon, I'm pretty sure CK would have been the biggest influence.

If you list the pros and cons for everything that's going on with each team he's considering, it would only make things more complicated.
If he really wants to talk RB coach, Campbell's work took Stewart to the next level, and our S&C coach is efficient AND has the facilities to do it.
Tennessee's RB coach is one of the best though:
http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl ... die00.html
"Seven NFL running backs tutored under Gran at some point in their careers, among them Carnell Williams, Ronnie Brown, Rudi Johnson and Deuce McCallister."

And their S&C coach, Mark Smith is supposed to be top notch also.

Not trying to be negaduck here, but just calling it like I see it at this point.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
User avatar
MFRDuckFan
Senior
Posts: 4829
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:52 pm
Location: Medford

Re: My gut tells me

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Oregonian wrote:



If he really wants to talk RB coach, Campbell's work took Stewart to the next level, and our S&C coach is efficient AND has the facilities to do it.
--------------------------------

Radcliffe is a beast! That guy is amazing. I've seen plyometrics before, but he takes it to a whole new level.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12
Posts: 6086
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: My gut tells me

Post by duckgrad99 »

Screw Tennessee. If Brown goes there, I hope he fails. Any other school I wish him success.
Image
huckthefuskies
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:55 pm

Re: My gut tells me

Post by huckthefuskies »

Did I miss somewhere where it was said for sure that Brown is the reason Harper is visiting his own hometown? It is possible our fan base is blowing his visit up a bit.
User avatar
Tray Dub
Senior
Posts: 4994
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm

Re: My gut tells me

Post by Tray Dub »

duckgrad99 wrote:Screw Tennessee. If Brown goes there, I hope he fails. Any other school I wish him success.
Why? Because their coach is a dick? Does that really make him deserving of being a failure?
yeahboyd
Two Star Recruit
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: My gut tells me

Post by yeahboyd »

I was thinking LSU based upon all the talk about getting him ready for the next level as that what Miles was trying to sell. We have the best facilities in the country though. Can't think of a better place to train. Campbell is the kind of guy that Brown would look up to but who knows.
dthomas=ddixon
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8652
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: McMinnville, Oregon

Re: My gut tells me

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

duckgrad99 wrote:Screw Tennessee. If Brown goes there, I hope he fails. Any other school I wish him success.
If he choses UT, I don't hope he fails but I won't think of him the same way. Especially with the mystery blonde in the left side of that one picture. If that has any factor in his choice then his is not the kid I thought he was. I would still love for him to be a Duck though.
Image
Post Reply