A Tale of Two Teams

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
RanDux
Senior
Posts: 2840
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:19 pm
Location: Happy Valley, OR

A Tale of Two Teams

Post by RanDux »

I read this quote from Kelly yesterday on Moseley's blog:

“When I found out, ‘game’s on, be ready to go,’” Kelly said Saturday. “To be honest with you, it was bittersweet. …

“The meeting yesterday was emotional. Mike cried, our players cried, I cried. It’s a changing of the guard, and when you watch someone who has given so much of his time to this university finally say he’s going to leave, it got emotional for us. …

“I am excited about the opportunity, but it kind of put things in perspective. It’s an unbelievable game, and it’s about people. If you watched the reactions and the emotions that were in the room, it really validated why I was here, and why I want to be a part of it.

“It just kind of made me feel that this is a special place.”

I think this quote says so much about the culture of U of O football, and that culture starts with it's classy coaches. What a contrast with the current culture at Tennessee...not because Tennessee is a bad place, bad team, etc..., but because of the current coach there.

I love the culture at Oregon. I want recruits who want that culture. If culture matters to BB, I think the choice is clear. If not, then best wishes, but not when we play Tennessee next year!
Last edited by RanDux on Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
woundedknees
All-American
Posts: 12821
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: A Tale of Two Teams

Post by woundedknees »

Amen to that!

Image
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Image
Post Reply