I doubt
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
woundedknees
- All-American
- Posts: 12821
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm
I doubt
Oregon takes a late run at any other "Thunder Back" this season, rather than saving a schollie for next season, but there are a couple, less touted, big guys still available, among them:
JC 1* RB Sheldon Dennis, 6'3/235/4.4, from Compton College
http://oregon.scout.com/a.z?s=128&p=8&c=1&nid=3837062
JC 2* Andre Harris, 6'/220/4.5, from El Camino College
http://oregon.scout.com/a.z?s=128&p=8&c=1&nid=3602175
3* Chris Brown, 6'/185, form Newbury Park HS (Yeah, I know this kid needs quality time with somebody like Coach Radcliffe, but there is some potential)
Looking ahead to next season, there are a lot of kids available, but it could be an even tougher row to hoe attracting somebody like Anthony Barr, with his close family ties to ND.
In Chip We Trust!
http://oregon.scout.com/a.z?s=128&p=8&c=1&nid=3396486
JC 1* RB Sheldon Dennis, 6'3/235/4.4, from Compton College
http://oregon.scout.com/a.z?s=128&p=8&c=1&nid=3837062
JC 2* Andre Harris, 6'/220/4.5, from El Camino College
http://oregon.scout.com/a.z?s=128&p=8&c=1&nid=3602175
3* Chris Brown, 6'/185, form Newbury Park HS (Yeah, I know this kid needs quality time with somebody like Coach Radcliffe, but there is some potential)
Looking ahead to next season, there are a lot of kids available, but it could be an even tougher row to hoe attracting somebody like Anthony Barr, with his close family ties to ND.
In Chip We Trust!
http://oregon.scout.com/a.z?s=128&p=8&c=1&nid=3396486
Last edited by woundedknees on Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!


-
duckgrad99
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 6086
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:33 pm
- Location: San Diego
-
BisonDucks
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 283
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:26 pm
Re: I doubt
With Blount's issues and LMJ's shoulder and size, I was hoping we got a quality back in this class. Maybe the Ducks will go scouring for a back, a la the Masoli situation last year. The one caveat: Harper moves to RB.
- briarduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3183
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:55 am
- Location: Milwaukie OR
Re: I doubt
I was just going to post the same thing...there's always a reason they are still available! Not going to qualify...sad for these guys because they look pretty good!duckgrad99 wrote:No offers for a JC+ no commit=not qualifying.
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
-
ARGHimaPirate
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 342
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:29 pm
- Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Re: I doubt
Harper is our big back for the future. With the scholarship limitations that we have next year I cant see the staff going after a JUCO RB this late.
-
dthomas=ddixon
- Moderator

- Posts: 8652
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
- Location: McMinnville, Oregon
Re: I doubt
Can you say Chris Harper?! Don't worry we have our power back of the future already here. Our WR core is deep enough & talented enough, especially with Gaines, that we don't NEED Chris at WR.

-
hermistonduck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 212
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:21 pm
Re: I doubt
Sheldon Dennis, 6'3'' 235 and runs a 4.4
Now I know his forty is probably not a legit 4.4.. but if he's even in the same league as that number, and he doesn't have any offers.. there must be something seriously wrong with him..
thats ridiculous
Now I know his forty is probably not a legit 4.4.. but if he's even in the same league as that number, and he doesn't have any offers.. there must be something seriously wrong with him..
thats ridiculous

-
woundedknees
- All-American
- Posts: 12821
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm
Re: I doubt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eIjiUSEjV4
Looking at this video of #5,Sheldon Dennis (Who originally signed a LOI with the Akron Zips in 2006), you have to believe the Ducks would have gone after him hard, if there were not issues... Looks a lot like LGB.
Andre Harris is another kid who must have issues... He originally committed to Idaho in '06 with a 2.6 GPA and an 1150 SAT. Hw was supposed to be done with JUCO in December, with 3 years remaining eligibility. Rumor had it that a lot of schools put Harris on hold because of the Brown recruitment(I find that hard to swallow.) The issue with Harris was supposed to be his HS SAT score... ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xYszr5B ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB2B4aVw ... re=related
Looking at this video of #5,Sheldon Dennis (Who originally signed a LOI with the Akron Zips in 2006), you have to believe the Ducks would have gone after him hard, if there were not issues... Looks a lot like LGB.
Andre Harris is another kid who must have issues... He originally committed to Idaho in '06 with a 2.6 GPA and an 1150 SAT. Hw was supposed to be done with JUCO in December, with 3 years remaining eligibility. Rumor had it that a lot of schools put Harris on hold because of the Brown recruitment(I find that hard to swallow.) The issue with Harris was supposed to be his HS SAT score... ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xYszr5B ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB2B4aVw ... re=related
Last edited by woundedknees on Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!


- brich75
- Senior
- Posts: 4054
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:27 pm
Re: I doubt
man!!! we shouldn't even be looking at those videos. now i want dennis he looks like a freak of nature. I have to agree withh you all there is something wrong for him not to get snatched up somewhere.It looks like he would do great in a spread or a pound it up the middle offense. something doesnt add up.
Cant wait to see james ang grant in two year we are going to have crazy rushing yards per game with that speed.
Cant wait to see james ang grant in two year we are going to have crazy rushing yards per game with that speed.
-
freedjr
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 979
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:23 am
Re: I doubt
Chip Kelly knew all along there was a chance Bryce wouldn't be coming, so I'm sure he has something in mind. I'm not to worried about it!

