Interesting regarding EK

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonDuck90
One Star Recruit

Interesting regarding EK

Post by OregonDuck90 »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/w ... =si_latest

Read the last paragraph on the first page.
briarduck
Senior

Re: Interesting regarding EK

Post by briarduck »

Would Mike Dunlap be a good addition to the staff? Because if we are top keep Kent an upgrade has to happen somewhere and if Mike Dunlap is it, then that's good news!

From above SI article...
"Still, I do think these Pitino rumors have slowed up Arizona's pursuit of other candidates for a little while. So who's getting the Arizona job? Well, a couple of weeks ago, someone in the industry contacted Arizona athletic director Jim Livengood, who told this person that he had already decided who he wanted for the job, and that he knew this person would accept it. That leads me to believe he's talking about Mark Few. (Though Livengood may have been overstating Few's interest in the job.) The other main candidate has been Reggie Theus, but if Livengood had decided he wanted Theus, he could have hired him anytime because Theus, unlike Few, doesn't currently have a job. There's still some chatter out there that Few will succeed Ernie Kent at Oregon, his alma mater, but I'm told that Kent will hold on for sure. I've also heard that Kent might be bringing in (or is being told to bring in) Mike Dunlap, who's currently an assistant at Arizona, to be his assistant in Eugene."

GO DUCKS!!
Last edited by briarduck on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
quackattack
Three Star Recruit

Post by quackattack »

here's an article i found about Dunlap:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/25/sport ... ref=sports

sounds like a better teacher and x's and o's guy than a recruiter, but i think that would be a perfect fit for our current staff

i also get the impression we're still waiting on Few before we decide to keep Ernie for another year. Few could be considering the zona or oregon jobs (or both) or using them against each other for more money or using them against gonzaga for a raise there as well.
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

He sounds like an excellent hire!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Everyone so far has failed to mention the most important news: Kent is likely coming back. I think that's a huge mistake, and it's settling for mediocrity after what the team did last year and what they have done really over the last 6 seasons. Frankly, I don't really care about the assistant coach as much.
desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by desertfan »

Better then nothing and the outside influence could do Ernie a lot of good. I personally wouldn't have minded a new coaching staff altogether but getting a great assistant like Dunlap could be a great help. Especially if Dunlap is a great motivator/teacher on defense.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

I think one of the overlooked factors in EK's early success at Oregon was that the quality of his assistant coaching staff was considerably higher.

Perhaps this could lead to a major change in the performance of the Ducks.

Can Dunlap coach defense?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!