Mops
Four Star Recruit

Kent Stays Assistant Let Go

Post by Mops »

woundedknees
All-American

Re: Kent Stays Assistant Let Go

Post by woundedknees »

So Hudson fell on a sword for Ernie... Hope he is replaced with someone who understands how to teach DEFENSE... Or at least has some idea what an in-game adjustment amounts to.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

It is always someone elses fault with Kent.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

woundedknees wrote:So Hudson fell on a sword for Ernie... Hope he is replaced with someone who understands how to teach DEFENSE... Or at least has some idea what an in-game adjustment amounts to.
Or maybe someone that knows how to coach the BIG MANS game......Has some actual plays drawn up, instead of the old lets just shoot the ball from 3 point range mentality.....
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

I think this is more of a coaching shake up and a strong message to Kent that changes have to be made! But they have to bring someone in who is top notch!

GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
TTownDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by TTownDuck »

Well, Dunlap is a slam-dunk. We'll see how things go...
Robstu
One Star Recruit

Post by Robstu »

typical Ernie passing the blame.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

At this rate, the new arena will be half full. Kilkenny is a "businessman", so I'm shocked he didn't take care of business here. It seems to me like most people didn't want Kent back, so Kilkenny must have made this decision without listening to the opinions of others. Maybe things will change once Belloti takes over :)
Robstu
One Star Recruit

Post by Robstu »

"Kent has a guaranteed annual salary of just over $1 million, plus incentives. Had he been let go, Oregon would have had to pay $1.1 million to buy out his contract. He also would have been owed about $1.25 million in deferred income." per ESPN

In these economic times it must be sweet to have that kind of job security. severely under preform your duties and you're still going to be walking away with a cool million dollars in your pocket. He's got a sweet deal going on.
TTownDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by TTownDuck »

It amazes me how so many people are still pro-Ernie Kent. Not on this board, per se, or online in general, but within the athletic department. If people that mattered wanted him gone, he'd be gone, whether Kilkenny wanted to let him go or not. But he's obviously got support.

You have to wonder what basketball they've been watching the last six years. This is the second time in four years he's come this close to being fired. People who think this was "one bad year" baffle me.
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

Did I miss something... Hudson was let go because it was forced by ?? (AD?) so they could bring in Dunlap? This does not sound like a passing the buck by EK but as forced move...

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

All the Ernie haters out there, who feel that Oregon is a coaching destination, here is a link to read. Don't know if any of it is factual but its an interesting read anyway.
http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/go ... LY_ONGINGS
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

If this was going to be permanent & Dunlap was here to stay as long as Kent was, I think it's a great hire. I just don't think that's the case though.

Any success we have will be all Kent's doing & the fan base & donors will start to get behind him again. Kent will get his contract extended, things will be all good in Duck Basketball land, then we will lose Dunlap to another school. Duck Basketball will fall back into mediocrety & we will be stuck with good ol' Ernie.

This is a short term fix that will be great at first but only push us deeper into mediocrety in the long run. How long is Dunlap even going to stay? As soon as he leaves we are back at the exact same place we are now. This hire really didn't change or fix anything.
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

Lets be happy they did something...Dunlap is a solid hire short or long term!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

briarduck wrote:Lets be happy they did something...Dunlap is a solid hire short or long term!

Yes he is, but what are we paying Kent for then? :lol: