Jonathan Stewart

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

thomas time
Senior

Jonathan Stewart

Post by thomas time »

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/s ... llion-deal Good to see, but will interesting to see how they share the carries with him, Deanglo and Tolbert who they signed in the offseason.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Jonathan Stewart

Post by buckmarkduck »

Carolina is a terrible situation for JStew IMHO. He'll never be the featured back getting 20-25 carries a game there, and Cam steals all the TD's around the goalline. He should have bolted for someplace he could have a hall of fame career at or at least a few 1300-1500 yard seasons.
Braveheart
Sophomore

Post by Braveheart »

buckmarkduck wrote:Carolina is a terrible situation for JStew IMHO. He'll never be the featured back getting 20-25 carries a game there, and Cam steals all the TD's around the goalline. He should have bolted for someplace he could have a hall of fame career at or at least a few 1300-1500 yard seasons.

Maybe he just wants to win, and he feels he can win at Carolina?
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Carolina is a terrible situation for JStew IMHO. He'll never be the featured back getting 20-25 carries a game there, and Cam steals all the TD's around the goalline. He should have bolted for someplace he could have a hall of fame career at or at least a few 1300-1500 yard seasons.
I love JStew and all, but hall of fame?! If anything, Carolina is a great place for him. Opposing D's are going to have to focus on Cam Newton which should create some good sized lanes for him to run through. And Carolina has 2 other decent to good RB's in DeAngelo Williams and GregnTolbert so he won't have to carry 20-25 times per game. So while he may not rush for 1,000 yards every year, he won't take as many hits and should be able to play longer.
UofDuck
Senior

Jonathan Stewart

Post by UofDuck »

I know what you're saying, but how terrible can $35 million be? Just sayin, there's terrible, and then there's terrible. If he likes his situation, then it's not terrible at all.
Last edited by UofDuck on Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

good for him. HOpe he plays as long as he wants and then enjoys a good life
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

I have a hard time believing that anyone feels that Carolina can win. Even with Cam they have no offensive line to speak of and it has been that way for years and years now. Anyone that touches the ball is literally running for their life.
Braveheart
Sophomore

Post by Braveheart »

JIDuck97 wrote:I have a hard time believing that anyone feels that Carolina can win. Even with Cam they have no offensive line to speak of and it has been that way for years and years now. Anyone that touches the ball is literally running for their life.
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

I've been meaning to ask Braveheart, is #2 in your sig pic about to flash the O? It kind of looks like he is. :mrgreen:
NCDucks09
Senior

Post by NCDucks09 »

Too bad Snoop didn't look for a better situation like Pittsburgh, he's the only 235lbs RB that runs a sub 4.5 40 in the league to my knowledge. Think about it this way. LMJ runs a 4.45 40 and weighs in at 185lbs and Snoop runs a 4.48 and weighs 235lbs.

LMJ Combine:
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/lam ... id=2533036

Snoop Combine:
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jon ... art?id=949
2012 Rose Bowl Champions
2013 Fiesta Bowl Champions

Still Dedicated to the Ducks Winning the Natty!
Braveheart
Sophomore

Post by Braveheart »

JIDuck97 wrote:I've been meaning to ask Braveheart, is #2 in your sig pic about to flash the O? It kind of looks like he is. :mrgreen:
I guess If you think Woody's hands are touching? :|

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Not a single rush in his first preseason game. Although he did have a catch for 13 yards.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

I think they are trying to preserve him from getting injured in the preseason. Heard somewhere that this is the first year that he participated in training camp and/or preseason for the Panthers.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

J stew and Leggarette both got hurt last night, but I don't think either one is thought to be too serious. At first Tampa was worried about a serious leg injury but I think it might only be a hamstring, which could still be tricky to come back from. Jonathan did have a two yard td run.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

thomas time wrote:J stew and Leggarette both got hurt last night, but I don't think either one is thought to be too serious. At first Tampa was worried about a serious leg injury but I think it might only be a hamstring, which could still be tricky to come back from. Jonathan did have a two yard td run.

:lol:

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK