Curtis White Article

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
dthomas=ddixon
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8652
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: McMinnville, Oregon

Curtis White Article

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/852627.html

White made his pledge known back in February, shortly after 2008's Signing Day. He won't sign until 2010.

"They pulled me in as a sophomore and said they wanted to offer me at whatever position I wanted to play," White said of Oregon's staff. It was a no-brainer for White, who was turned onto the program long before his football career took off. It happened when the Ducks took a liking to his younger brother Tyson, who was battling leukemia. They took him in and brought him to their practices, where he got to meet players from both the football and basketball teams. It clearly struck a major chord with Tyson's big brother. Tyson will have been gone four years this coming November, but his memory lives on in Curtis.

"I got to know (Oregon) coach (Mike) Bellotti at a young age," White added. "I just saw everything they did for all the kids, including my family - and I liked it."

And he's not shy about putting his recruiting pitch on Dunn. "I'm trying to get him to come down here, but he's pretty committed," White said with a chuckle.
Image
User avatar
ncduck
Senior
Posts: 2189
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:14 am
Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

Re: Curtis White Article

Post by ncduck »

Gotta love it when commits are recruiting for you!
User avatar
brich75
Senior
Posts: 4054
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: Curtis White Article

Post by brich75 »

got to love it when kids truly want to be ducks!!
Image
Post Reply