Our future at RB...vids
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
- briarduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3183
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:55 am
- Location: Milwaukie OR
Our future at RB...vids
LMJ and Ethan Grant...just watch these vids back to back and just try not o smile and get a little giddy!
LMJ (our current Lightning RB)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2IMBrFMCCg
Ethan Grant (our future Lightning RB)
http://www.elitescoutingservices.com/vi ... grant.html
And both in the back-field at the same time, I will say it for you...DAMN!!
GO DUCKS!!
LMJ (our current Lightning RB)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2IMBrFMCCg
Ethan Grant (our future Lightning RB)
http://www.elitescoutingservices.com/vi ... grant.html
And both in the back-field at the same time, I will say it for you...DAMN!!
GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
- Quietduck
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 623
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:43 pm
Re: Our future at RB...vids
I like the way LMJ moves in traffic. He seems to be able to make little moves that shift the defensive players balance to one side or the other with out loosing speed. That allows him to break a lot of the arm tackles and keep going. He also seems to have a great low gears that get him up to speed quickly.
Ethan Grant is kind of weird to me. It doesn't look like he is going very fast, but he pulls away from the defense. It doesn't look like he hits the line quickly, but the opening is there and then he is gone. I like what I see as a result but I don't understand how he makes it happen.
Quietduck
Ethan Grant is kind of weird to me. It doesn't look like he is going very fast, but he pulls away from the defense. It doesn't look like he hits the line quickly, but the opening is there and then he is gone. I like what I see as a result but I don't understand how he makes it happen.
Quietduck
-
slammer
- Two Star Recruit
- Posts: 120
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:10 am
Re: Our future at RB...vids
pure studs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- duckduckgoose
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1117
- Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:45 pm
Re: Our future at RB...vids
If Lamichael can do a quarter of what he does on that video in the Pac 10 he is going to be special!
-
cordy02c
- Senior
- Posts: 3236
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:38 pm
Re: Our future at RB...vids
good grief grant has amazing acceleration it looks he's stopped then bye bye. he is a true home run hitter
- fpsduck
- Senior
- Posts: 2862
- Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:10 am
Re: Our future at RB...vids
I love to watch LMJ's footwork.......I think this kid could be really special in our offense.
Grant is ridiculously fast.....so long as he doesn't try to run backwards he should do quite well.
Grant is ridiculously fast.....so long as he doesn't try to run backwards he should do quite well.
- wheaton4prez
- Senior
- Posts: 3568
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:36 pm
Re: Our future at RB...vids
They sure seem like great fits for what the Ducks do. Good speed and field vision.
Bigger backs have their benefits too. But, I'm not sure that size is needed as much as what these guys have, in this offense. Over the last two years, I don't recall many size-related plays (running guys over, etc.) until the RB had already gained 5-10 yards.
Do we necessarily need a bruiser?
Bigger backs have their benefits too. But, I'm not sure that size is needed as much as what these guys have, in this offense. Over the last two years, I don't recall many size-related plays (running guys over, etc.) until the RB had already gained 5-10 yards.
Do we necessarily need a bruiser?
-
uodux1212
- Senior
- Posts: 3965
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:44 pm
- Location: Portland, OR
Re: Our future at RB...vids
We have one, and he goes by the name of Jermiah Masoli. At least for the next two years anyway!wheaton4prez wrote:Do we necessarily need a bruiser?
GO DUCKS.

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly
“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
-
uodux1212
- Senior
- Posts: 3965
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:44 pm
- Location: Portland, OR
Re: Our future at RB...vids
FYI... the LaMJ vid got taken down... not accessible 

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly
“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK