Page 1 of 1

I knew UF was not that impressive

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:26 pm
by woundedknees
but this is laughable.

SEC! SEC! is quickly becoming sec... sec?

Re: I knew UF was not that impressive

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:26 pm
by rockthief
reserving my laughing or even smiling until we win tomorrow. We lose and the boom will be heard for thirty miles.

Re: I knew UF was not that impressive

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:34 pm
by Duck07
The Gators showed exactly who they are: excellent defensive team (only gave up 24 points) with an atrocious offense (10 points). UL played great defensively but the lack of an effective passing game hampers their offense.

Re: I knew UF was not that impressive

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:44 pm
by dthomas=ddixon
Never bought into Florida. They play in the SEC so they were ranked about 10 spots higher than they ever should have been.

Re: I knew UF was not that impressive

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:39 am
by Duck24
Then what does that say about the PAC-12? Our conference champion struggled to beat the, at best, 3rd Big 10 team. I just said this in a different post, but I don't put as much into a bowl game as I do a game played in the regular season. The long breaks between the regular season and bowl games wreak havoc with things like rhythm and team momentum. I think if many of the bowl games were played, say 2 weeks after the end of the regular season, some of the results would be different.

Re: I knew UF was not that impressive

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:12 am
by rockthief
Ducks will big and maybe a shift will begin. I don't know. There is a lot of luck involved in this game

Re: I knew UF was not that impressive

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:18 pm
by Bud Lee
Duck24 wrote:Then what does that say about the PAC-12? Our conference champion struggled to beat the, at best, 3rd Big 10 team. I just said this in a different post, but I don't put as much into a bowl game as I do a game played in the regular season. The long breaks between the regular season and bowl games wreak havoc with things like rhythm and team momentum. I think if many of the bowl games were played, say 2 weeks after the end of the regular season, some of the results would be different.
I agree that a lot of these bowl games would have a different result if they were played right after the season or during for that matter.

I complete agree that the SEC is not as dominate this year as in the past, they are good just not as good. But saying we are bad because of three bowl losses is silly. Look at the PAC , The wins are not impressive given the opposition and the loses were pretty bad.

Re: I knew UF was not that impressive

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:51 pm
by woundedknees
Far from saying the SEC is bad... Just looking at how the hype has been somewhat over blown for some teams.

BTW, anyone who seriously thought the PAC would win all their bowl games is obviously sniffing up the wrong tree, as well.

Re: I knew UF was not that impressive

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:24 pm
by wheaton4prez
The amount of time between the last regular season game and the bowl games needs to change.