Page 1 of 2

Top 10 Preseason Polls

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:52 am
by Bud Lee
My guess is...

1) Bama
2) Oregon
3) Texas A&M
4) Stanford
5) Ohio State
6) Florida State
7) Georgia
8) South Carolina
9) Clemson
10) Notre Dame

Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:57 am
by karlhungis
Bud Lee wrote:My guess is...

1) Bama
2) Oregon
3) Ohio State
4) Stanford
5) Florida State
6) Texas A&M
7) Georgia
8) South Carolina
9) Clemson
10) Notre Dame
I wouldn't be surprised to see Ohio State and A&M ahead of the Ducks.

Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:59 am
by Bud Lee
karlhungis wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:My guess is...

1) Bama
2) Oregon
3) Ohio State
4) Stanford
5) Florida State
6) Texas A&M
7) Georgia
8) South Carolina
9) Clemson
10) Notre Dame
I wouldn't be surprised to see Ohio State and A&M ahead of the Ducks.
I decided I had A&M too low and Ohio too high so I adjusted but I don't see them jumping y'all. I would be shocked. If both of the tackles come back A&M is going to win the conference and be in the national title game next year.

Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:10 am
by squintsdd
Bud Lee wrote:My guess is...

1) Bama
2) Oregon
3) Ohio State
4) Stanford
5) Florida State
6) Texas A&M
7) Georgia
8) South Carolina
9) Clemson
10) Notre Dame
1-Bama
2-Oregon
3-Ohio State
4-Stanford
5-Texas A&M
6-Georgia
7-Clemson
8-South Carolina
9-Louisville
10-Florida

Notre Dame loses their top defensive player to graduation, and they got explosed in the NCG. I had to drop them out for them preseason top 10

Florida State loses their EJ Manuel, who was responsible for 27 TD's last season. They gotta find someone to replace him, and the guy with the most experience is Clint Trickett, wjo I think is servicable, but not nearly as good as Manuel. I had to drop them from the top 10

Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:15 am
by bellsduck
Bud Lee wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:My guess is...

1) Bama
2) Oregon
3) Ohio State
4) Stanford
5) Florida State
6) Texas A&M
7) Georgia
8) South Carolina
9) Clemson
10) Notre Dame
I wouldn't be surprised to see Ohio State and A&M ahead of the Ducks.
I decided I had A&M too low and Ohio too high so I adjusted but I don't see them jumping y'all. I would be shocked. If both of the tackles come back A&M is going to win the conference and be in the national title game next year.
I like your new top 10. I'm with you on Texas A&M. I do think they lose too much to this years draft but will still get a lot of votes. Plus Notre Dame love is always worth a few extra spots. Here's mine.
1) Bama
2) Oregon
3) Ohio State
4) Florida State
5) Notre Dame
6) Stanford
7) Georgia
8) South Carolina
9) Clemson
10) Texas A&M

Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:19 am
by Bud Lee
squintsdd wrote: 1-Bama
2-Oregon
3-Ohio State
4-Stanford
5-Texas A&M
6-Georgia
7-Clemson
8-South Carolina
9-Louisville
10-Florida
Louisville at 9th shocks me considering they finished 13th this year and play in Big East. Not saying I don't see happening, they do have Bridgewater coming back after all, but it would surprise me though. They are still in the Big East until 2014 right? They should have no problem winning that conference again.

Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:30 am
by squintsdd
Bud Lee wrote:
squintsdd wrote: 1-Bama
2-Oregon
3-Ohio State
4-Stanford
5-Texas A&M
6-Georgia
7-Clemson
8-South Carolina
9-Louisville
10-Florida
Louisville at 9th shocks me considering they finished 13th this year and play in Big East. Not saying I don't see happening, they do have Bridgewater coming back after all, but it would surprise me though. They are still in the Big East until 2014 right? They should have no problem winning that conference again.
All their top skill guys come back, I'm pretty sure nobody is declaring early, and they don't lose much to graduation. Given that I couldn't keep them out of the top 10, and they also finished the season with a win over Florida

Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:31 am
by lukeyrid13
Texas, Florida St and Florida all will be in the preseason top 10. It's tradition. Might as well throw Oklahoma in there too

Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:04 pm
by karlhungis
A&M: Johnny football coming back + only team to beat Bama + in the SEC = PRE-SEASON HYPE OVERLOAD

Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:06 pm
by Boom
lukeyrid13 wrote:Texas, Florida St and Florida all will be in the preseason top 10. It's tradition. Might as well throw Oklahoma in there too
Don't forget about USC! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:22 pm
by QuackininBama
Bud Lee wrote:My guess is...

1) Bama
2) Oregon
3) Texas A&M
4) Stanford
5) Ohio State
6) Florida State
7) Georgia
8) South Carolina
9) Clemson
10) Notre Dame
That looks pretty good with a couple minor changes:
1) Bama
2) Texas A&M
3) Ohio State
4) Oregon
5) Notre Dame
6) Stanford
7) Georgia
8) Florida
9) South Carolina
10)Clemson

Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:44 pm
by Elduderino
This is an interesting exercise for the offseason...

1.) Bama
2.) Oregon
3.) tOSU
4.) aTm
5.) Stanford
6.) Georgia
7.) So. Carolina
8.) Louisville
9.) Clemson
10.) Notre Dame/FSU

I think there is a clear top 3 and then a few teams that are very similar in terms of caliber of the team. I think of A&M and Stanford that way, and Notre Dame-FSU as well.

IMO the easiest paths to the BCS title game belong to Louisville and tOSU. Louiville bought themselves some credibility in their boat-race of Florida, and as Bud notes, I don't see a legit BE challenger to them. As for tOSU, they too do not have a clear cut B1G challenger; plus Braxton Miller is going to be nasty next year. Going into Cal can get tricky though, as we all know too well.

Already looking forward to the Spring Game.

Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:05 pm
by AutzenMember

Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:37 pm
by squintsdd
AutzenMember wrote:Schlabach's answer...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... 013-top-25
Wow. With the exception of a couple of teams in different spots, Schlabach and I pretty much agree

Re: Top 10 Preseason Polls

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:43 pm
by Bud Lee
13th is right where I would have LSU